collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else thinking of Halloween already? Costume ideas? Here's mine  (Read 6233 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: Your Halloween costume this year?
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:41 AM »
I'm in Australia, and don't really have the opportunity to dress up for halloween, but I do have this which would be awesome for the occasion :D took it out on it's very first outing today XD was so much fun!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
Will try for Zoo Boo.  Depends on her asthma.  And in true DORK fashion, I have sewed the mane to the hood with the colors reversed!!  Maybe she won't notice?  Otherwise, bring on the seam ripper.  And that is WITH a BB in front of me to make sure I got it right. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline secretsheik

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
I need to come up with a work appropriate costume! I don't know what to be. It has to be somewhat modest, and not controversial or too scary. And probably something easy to figure out.... Middle aged/old people passing through the grocery store probably aren't going to guess if I'm some character from a video game xD

You could try to dress up like a famous movie star or singer, that would be easy and work-safe!

Please do try to come to the Zoo Boo, though I'll probably only be there Friday night. It will be fun! My work place doesn't care that I'm dressing like a full-blown assassin. I'm going to see if they'll give me permission to bring my real but not sharp sword. That would be awesome to go to work with that, but we have a weapons policy. They let me get away with SO much already, I doubt they will.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 12:54:13 AM »
I've never really celebrated Halloween, it's honestly not that big here and I was brought up not celebrating it.
But I'll probably end up grabbing some cheap candy and maybe watching something like Corpse Bride

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2012, 01:36:52 PM »
I don't think I'll be going out trick or treating as its not a big thing over here, and I'm a little too old! But I'll probably be going to a party at a friends house. I'll be going as Kankri from Homestuck. Here's a pic! I've gotten a better jumper since though.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
Can't decide - either Star Trek or Kove from NTSF:SD:SUV::

Each has it's own cons, either to be zipped into a one-piece suit all day so I'd have to take it almost completely off to pee, or having to buy a suit, wig, and eyepatch.  Hmm...

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
I don't know what I'll be doing this year... if anything at all. But those of you who will be taking your kids out trick-or-treating, I have a favor to ask of you. Please check with the nursing homes and assisted living places in your area to see if they will be open to trick-or-treaters.

I don't talk about this much on here, but my dad is disabled and in the nursing home. Last Halloween the nursing home he is in opened their doors to trick-or-treaters so the residents could have a chance to see at least some cute little kids in their costumes. They ran an ad in the local paper and everything. I put on my Stitch costume and Mom and I went out there to join in on the fun. I wanted to see the kids too. We never get trick-or-treaters at our house. We sat with my dad, a couple staff members, a several other residents and waited for the kids. We waited three hours and NOBODY came. :'( There were a couple older ladies that kept staring out the windows. If they had been little girls they would have had their faces pressed up against the glass. ;) Every time they saw car headlights they got so excited that the kids were finally coming, only to be disappointed when the car went right on by. :'( It was really sad to watch. The residents were disappointed. The staff was disappointed. I was disappointed!

So do a good dead this Halloween and stop by a local nursing home or two. :-*

sailorstitch

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
I am going as Fluttershy.  I was supposed to be her last year but I couldn't get my costume together fast enough.  More like Glimmer wing Fluttershy because my wings are more like butterfly wings than pony wings but that is ok.  I got some cute pony ears off of Etsy and am going to make myself a tail and dye my hair pink.  I hope it goes ok because this is the first time of ever dying my hair even if it is supposed to be washable.  Especially because my hair is blonde.  I am going out the weekend before...even though it is before a physiology test :gulp:  The day of I am going to host a Halloween movie night.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2012, 01:47:39 AM »
Im gonna be a pirate. Yarrrr

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2012, 07:17:56 AM »
Sigh, I'm hoping one of my friends will want to do something for Halloween this year.. when we were younger it was a *huge* thing, but now all it seems to be is an excuse for nasty chavs to go and get drunk. :/ We don't even get Trick or Treaters coming around anymore, I guess because parents are too worried to send their children out these days..

I've dressed up as a kitty for the past few years just to hang around the house (easy enough - black tights, black shorts, hoody with kitty ears, cat makeup.. had a makeshift tail one year!). I'd love to have reason to get really into it.. Thinking a lolita or steampunk outfit would be wonderful!! ^.^
Fight like a girl..

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
Sigh, I'm hoping one of my friends will want to do something for Halloween this year.. when we were younger it was a *huge* thing, but now all it seems to be is an excuse for nasty chavs to go and get drunk. :/ We don't even get Trick or Treaters coming around anymore, I guess because parents are too worried to send their children out these days..

I know, right? I think a lot more people are having house parties and just take their kids there instead, or don't have the time to take their own kids trick or treating and don't trust anyone else. There are also more public functions that I know of. But yeah, especially in cold regions, there are less trick or treaters. It used to be we would face any amount of cold for the awesome candy, but now people are wussing out!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:42 AM »
I'll just be myself for Halloween. That may even scare a select few. :D

But really, I probably will either be working or sitting at home with my parents. If I am off work, my mom and I will have a night of creepy movies.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
at almost 30 I'm considered way to old for costumes and candy but I'm going to get out my bat cookie cutter and make cookies for the village kids again they like them i ice them too XD

Offline secretsheik

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
at almost 30 I'm considered way to old for costumes and candy but I'm going to get out my bat cookie cutter and make cookies for the village kids again they like them i ice them too XD

Lol I'm 27 as of tomorrow, I'll still do costumes! Especially if I keep doing the zoo stuff!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2012, 07:28:55 PM »
beeing a total fangirl at the moment, i will be going as  Freddy Kreguer,   my friends have decided on other horror icons for there costumes,   my cousin is going as Jason Vorheeves,    my BF as ghost face, his brother as jigsaw, 

Great costume. If we had more money I'd be getting hubby the Freddy Krueger costume, and I'd get the Miss Krueger costume. :) Our last name is "Kruger" - so the joke is we'd be dressing up as the Krugers. :P
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal