collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else thinking of Halloween already? Costume ideas? Here's mine  (Read 6234 times)

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your Halloween costume this year?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »
I'd have a costume if my town bothered to have a local adult Halloween costume party. Throwing my own costume party is out because friends I'd want to invite are all my mother's age and busy looking after families. If just my family (mom, adult sister, and adult brother) and I held one for ourselves I'd be the only person in costume which defeats the point of holding a costume party. I hate my love of costumes at Halloweentime when I want to celebrate the holiday by having fun at a costume party and the local costume parties here are for kids and parents attending with them and I wouldn't be welcome at those (not to mention it'd be awkward if I did go and I'd cut my stay short because I couldn't stand the awkwardness any longer. "Do you have a kid here?" "Um, no. I'm here for myself." )

I know exactly how you feel! I adore Halloween and love to dress up but there was never anything for me to do in my cruddy town. There were tons of children's events (mostly at churches) and a few adult things at bars but bars are really not for me - I went to one once cause I was desperate to go out in my costume. It sucked.

Ditto with my area! I tried doing local searches on Google, Verizon navigator, and bulletin boards at local stores, and ALL of the adult costume parties are either at bars or are booze parties. I want to go to an event for adults, but not if it means risking my costume damaged or puked on  ( like Neon, I made my fursuit from scratch this year. Not about to let some drunks damage it in any way ).

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »
We're off to a friend's party this year and the theme is 'Twisted Fairytale'. I'm going as the Mad Hatter but the twist is that I'm actually mad and have a straight jacket :P and hat of course.

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
I'd have a costume if my town bothered to have a local adult Halloween costume party. Throwing my own costume party is out because friends I'd want to invite are all my mother's age and busy looking after families. If just my family (mom, adult sister, and adult brother) and I held one for ourselves I'd be the only person in costume which defeats the point of holding a costume party. I hate my love of costumes at Halloweentime when I want to celebrate the holiday by having fun at a costume party and the local costume parties here are for kids and parents attending with them and I wouldn't be welcome at those (not to mention it'd be awkward if I did go and I'd cut my stay short because I couldn't stand the awkwardness any longer. "Do you have a kid here?" "Um, no. I'm here for myself." )

I know exactly how you feel! I adore Halloween and love to dress up but there was never anything for me to do in my cruddy town. There were tons of children's events (mostly at churches) and a few adult things at bars but bars are really not for me - I went to one once cause I was desperate to go out in my costume. It sucked.

Ditto with my area! I tried doing local searches on Google, Verizon navigator, and bulletin boards at local stores, and ALL of the adult costume parties are either at bars or are booze parties. I want to go to an event for adults, but not if it means risking my costume damaged or puked on  ( like Neon, I made my fursuit from scratch this year. Not about to let some drunks damage it in any way ).

I have a small suggestion for you guys- look for your local Gothic club :) They throw wonderful Halloween parties and the people there are a lot more polite over all and accepting of people who are different :) Most of them don't advertise much but if you do some digging they are usually about. There parties- while alcohol is available- are a lot more about the costumes, socializing and especially the dancing.

This year I am going to be Princess Luna- I made my costume a few months ago for a convention and I'm excited to get another chance to use it :) I hope my new ears get hear in time! I got a set from Neurowear- I've already tried out a set and I know I can hid the little bit that reads your brain waves under my wig~ Having ears that move properly will be so cool :D Now if they just make something I can use to animate my wings and tail properly I'll really be over the moon!

Water_Fire

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 12:39:50 PM »
I'm off to Alton Towers on Sunday to do all the rollercoasters and horror mazes in my costume! I'm going as Alice from the American McGee's Alice games, still getting the last bits of the costume together :s

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2012, 02:31:55 PM »
so i  got  invited to go to a  hallooween party  nearby  at the thrift sotre  i work at on tuesdays volunteering. yay .   i was going  as windwhistler but my moms hasnt fixed it yet and it  two days away XD so instead i'm going in my ren garb yay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »
I'm going as Draculaura from Monster High! I'm a cosplayer and made this cosplay for a con I went to next week just so I could also wear it for halloween  :silly:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 04:50:14 AM »
I would like to lodge a formal protest to whichever of the pegasi caused the SNOW this morning.  Seriously?? 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 05:53:35 AM »
My pyjamas.
I LOATHE Halloween.
I'll be sitting in the dark pretending I'm not in :p
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Rainbow Revolver

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • An actual dog!!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »
My friends and I actually changed what we're doing for Halloween and this weekend I'll be Godtier Karkat and my friend is going to be a fancy Aradia for a Homestuck Halloween party! UwU And then on Halloween we're going to a zombie walk as doomed John Egbert and Dave Strider.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4155-8870

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2012, 08:22:55 AM »
I'm going as Rainbow Dash :D I bought a blue vest and sewed some wings on as well as her cutie marks. Then i have a rainbow button up shirt and I'm going to wear shorts (in Michigan, I must be crazy!) and rainbow socks :) I'm going to a convention next weekend so I can wear it then too :) I want to change out my Necomimi ears for pony ears but I haven't had time and I need more fabric lol

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline secretsheik

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
I would like to lodge a formal protest to whichever of the pegasi caused the SNOW this morning.  Seriously?? 

Lol I know, right? The zoo boo was pretty fun, though I didn't get a lot of fake blood and stuff since it was a family event with really little kids. I think maybe I'll make an arrow and attach it to the knee of my pants for work and do a Skyrim reference. I'll be the adventurer that took an arrow to the knee.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »
I'm off to Alton Towers on Sunday to do all the rollercoasters and horror mazes in my costume! I'm going as Alice from the American McGee's Alice games, still getting the last bits of the costume together :s

That's who I'm dressing up as this year too! That is if I actually finish my costume this year.  :blush: Been very bad at procrastinating, unfortunately. If I don't finish I have still have some past Halloween costumes to choose form.

Not sure what I'm doing for Halloween this year. I might try and see if any friends are free to dress up and go to Chipotle's for their $2 Boorito promotion. I know a friend and I will be going to a haunted house the Friday after Halloween so that will be fun.

Water_Fire

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2012, 03:31:52 AM »

That's who I'm dressing up as this year too! That is if I actually finish my costume this year.  :blush: Been very bad at procrastinating, unfortunately. If I don't finish I have still have some past Halloween costumes to choose form.

Not sure what I'm doing for Halloween this year. I might try and see if any friends are free to dress up and go to Chipotle's for their $2 Boorito promotion. I know a friend and I will be going to a haunted house the Friday after Halloween so that will be fun.

Cool, we'll have to compare outfits :D

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2012, 05:54:39 AM »
haha... I'm gonna be rainbow dash, too.  I'm all about ponies with wings, so it was either rainbow dash or fluttershy - and rainbow dash seemed like the more fun one to put together.  I bought sky blue scrubs for the outfit, wings and ears off etsy, wig off ebay, and I made my own tail with stuff from amphigory.com.  I have little patches to put on my butt ;)

my work is having an open house/halloween party today, so I'll be dressed up for that - then the leasing office for my apartment is having a party tonight, so I'll wear it then too - and of course, I'll be dressed up wed night for any trick or treat'ers.

I may have to dress up for work again on wed, too.  we're a little halloween crazy ;)
looking into a re-branding.

Adelius

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »
I'm going as Pikachu this year :D
It's pretty basic; headband with ears and a clip on tail, then wearing my Pikachu shirt and black skirt with it. Going to a fancy-dress Halloween do tonight at the local pub with the boyfriend and his parents, should be good ^^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal