collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »
Haha you're all making me feel better about letting my dog sleep in the bed, it's a bad habit of his that I'm trying to break. He usually doesn't mind sleeping in his own bed because it's only a few feet away from mine, but sometimes he sneaks in when I'm asleep or I don't have the heart to push him out (he's actually made a nest out of my sheets right now :blush:). He's a short hair terrier who gets bathed infrequently because he's a very clean dog (and to be honest I find his doggy smell comforting), and I work with dogs so I've no problems sharing space with them.

If a quick wipe over (especially face, feet and bum) before bed doesn't keep your sheets cleaner you could get a small blanket for her to sleep on so she's not directly on the sheets. It might be saliva or tear staining, not necessarily her fur or things she's tracked in, that's dirtying your sheets. Keeping her groomed shorter could help, or even a small thin doggy coat for her to wear to bed if she doesn't mind, to help contain the fur.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
I don't have dogs but often have a cat or two on the bed. They are all indoor animals and we bath them about once every two to four weeks depending on the weather (try to stick to warmer days to help them dry off). Change sheets weekly and lint rollers are a must. Apart from that, really its a matter of not letting them sleep with you.

I like sleeping with my kitties too much to kick them out.

My best mate has a large dog (rottweiler cross) that sleeps in her bed, he sheds and smells like dog, but she wouldn't have it any other way. She washes him regularly and also changes sheets regularly to keep them clean and keep the doggie smell to a minimum.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 04:45:04 AM »
Some dogs were bred specifically to sleep in our beds or be carried under our coats and act as living hot-water bags.
All my dogs were always allowed to sleep in my bed at night. It never affected their personality or "obedience" - on the contrary, I think it makes them feel more secure and attached to their humans. My GSP even wants to be hold while having her head on the pillow and she wants the blanket go over her. This is insane in summer when I have to make clear to her that I don't want to cuddle her or use a blanket. That dog is a heating stystem.

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 05:08:27 AM »
Only if you count my bf.  :lol:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »
Only if you count my bf.  :lol:
XD

I was at TJMaxx and the few duvet covers they had were CrAzY expensive.  What's ironic was that when it was time for bed, the pup wanted to be independent and slept in her own bed the entire night :lol:

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 07:19:38 AM »
ahh such cute puppies :)

my doggie has his own bed but he turned it into his toy box :/  silly boy
oh well he lets me sleep in my bed every now and then :P

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
My dog has her own couch and 2 dog beds.  She knows she's not allowed on our couch or our bed unless she's been invited up. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 09:11:04 AM »
Did someone say doggies on the bed?

Excuse the laundry day mess xD. Haha. Yeah...the duvet cover is definitely a good idea! We was ours once a week and then usually do the actual comforter every couple weeks.

CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :tackleglomp:  I grew up with Chihuahuas and they are so sweet and terror-like at the same time, haha. I adore the breed!
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 09:12:23 AM »
There is no keeping Sammy off the bed!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »

CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! :tackleglomp:  I grew up with Chihuahuas and they are so sweet and terror-like at the same time, haha. I adore the breed!
Haha clearly I feel the same xD. I love my chis. I love how they basically bond to their human and are so loyal. They get a bad rap for being "yappy", but I've had other dogs before that barked just as much.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »
Our dogs used to be well behaved and good enough to sleep on the bedroom floor and make their way downstairs when they wanted. These days that's not an option. Pomeranians who steal things and chew things don't get free reign of the house. They get to have their own crates.

Of course when they're ill all bets are off. Cookie used to get bladder infections and when she's ill she HAS to be with someone or she whimpers all night. It's so heart breaking to hear that she gets to sleep on mine or my sister's beds. Once she's better it's no problem to transfer her back to her bed.
Gizmo appears to be having separation anxiety recently so to keep from disturbing my mum when she was sick, he was brought upstairs. He doesn't move the whole night! He loves to use pillows, fabric or leg, doesn't matter. He also snores and dreams so I was woken a few times by little punches :) He has to stay on a lead to keep him on the bed otherwise he steals and eats tissues, yucky.

If they come up they sleep on a towel to start with. Gizmo won't stay on it of course :P as it's infrequent the sheets just get a wash the day after.

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »
You can't get Ebbie OFF our beds! I wouldn't have it any other way. We tried to have her in her crate as a pup but the night after she was spayed, she sat in her crate trembling the whole night and we felt so bad, she came upstairs with us. She rotates beds throughout the night - starts off with mum, switches to my little brother in the middle of the night and comes to me in the early hours after mum wakes up as the sun comes in through my window and makes my bed warm.

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 03:38:18 PM »
Of course! My dog is allowed to go pretty much anywhere he wants - Including the couch (but only at night).

She rotates beds throughout the night - starts off with mum, switches to my little brother in the middle of the night and comes to me in the early hours after mum wakes up as the sun comes in through my window and makes my bed warm.
Both my cat and dog do the same with me and my mother - They switch between beds (my cat will let you know he's there by kindly biting your nose and purring, mind).

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 03:47:14 PM »
Sarge the greyhound has two different sleeping areas in the house that he can dirty up before he's offered a spot on the bed. We try to not let him on the bed right after he goes outside and have quite a few rugs on the way in/out to his turnout area...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 11:31:50 AM »
I had a waterbed growing up so pets were not allowed in my room.  The thought of having animals in my bed grosses me out - unless you count the husband!  :D 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal