collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »
There is always something on my bed.  I don't have sheets on my bed though. I was waking up every morning to find them half off the bed so I just gave up on them. Now I have the bed covered with those fleece blankets. I wash them every 2 weeks or so because the white one gets so dirty from the dogs and cats. And I have given up the fight againist the invading dog hair.  -_-

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:15:22 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Sometimes. We're roomies, so we try to keep the dogs sleeping together out in the common area, because if one goes into their owner's room, the other gets upset. As a rule bedroom doors are kept closed because any strange smells around cause a pee marathon competition, not always outside! One of our cats used to sleep on the bed, but she's really old now and can't stay in the entire night so we can't have the door closed, which because of the aforementioned naughty puppies we just won't have open when we're asleep, so she sleeps on the couch now, which she's happy with. So every now and then our dog will come in, but not usually at night, sometimes in the mornings if I'm sleeping in, or on afternoon naps. It's not really a huge problem for us now, because it doesn't happen often, but when the cat was always on the bed, we washed the linen weekly for the hair.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Bailey has a dog bed, but he lounges on the couch during the day. There's a blanket and pillow for him. LOL

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:37:20 PM by Tap Dancer »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2014, 08:04:29 PM »
Well they're usually on my rug, the couch, or their own beds more :)

One of them is old and fat and can no longer get up onto the beds but the younger nimble one is always on the bed when no one is home and when it is storming she'll get in my bed.

I don't mind it at all, my parents don't like them on their bed though but they're allowed on mine.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 12:07:26 AM »
My 70+ pound bloodhound mix is in my spot on the bed as I type this. He will have to give me space when I decide to go to sleep. My basset-retriever mix is taking up the bottom half of the bed. My dogs sleep on the bed from day one. I've worked a lot with dogs and find sharing the bed to be a help in bonding. It isn't necessary, but it does no harm like the "alpha" theory people think. I don't have white blankets. I wouldn't try. In fact, right now there is a chunk of stuffing coming out of the top blanket. Darn puppies.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2014, 12:39:49 AM »
just kitties for me, and technically only one, since I dont let the female down here. I adopted her from a friend 10 years ago and they warned me that she had some potty problems, one of the biggest ones being that she would rather pee on carpet then in a litter box, the only carpet in our house is in my laundry/craft room so she tries to escape into their every chance she can.

ANYWAY my male kittie will sleep on my bed, but usually only on top of the covers, so its not a problem iv noticed too much.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2014, 10:16:27 AM »
Only if you count my bf.  :lol:
  LOL :lmao: :lmao:

no pets for me, I grew up with pets outside of the house, and no TV in the bedroom :) LOL
and that is how I still live :)
I have lots of visitors though ,seems like all the neighborhood cats like my house, they are always roaming by the fences and trees or maybe hunting the birds ,which they are always as well visiting the gardens and they like to hang out at  the big old oak trees that I have here.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2014, 10:52:22 AM »
My cats are always on my bed, I have a huge blanket to cover it up and try to minimize hair invasion on my sheets and pillows. I love them both as awkward as they are but if they were outside cats I would definitely keep them out of my bedroom. They are only inside so they are pretty clean.

The dog is not allowed on or in the bed - she learned that the very first day she came into our house and she never ever tried to get in again. It was cute to see that she chose the master bedroom as her first and favorite place when she was a puppy but having a full grown over 40 kilograms heavy Malamute in your bed is not funny not only because of the massive space she needs but it is simply not hygenic. It's a personal choice but I don't believe my dogs should be on my bed. They can be taught while cats will do it anyway when they get the chance  ;)
:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline GreyBird1881

• Trade Count: (+69)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carebear1881.webs.com
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »
No doggies in the bed for me, but mine has her own bed beside ours, she likes lots of covers! This is our sweet Mocha!

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
Chloe is my King Charles and everyone I talk to that has one has it in the bed with them.  Not only that but they all seem to be pillow stealers or they will just plop down on your head.  So I looked into it.  The breed was basically breed to be flea bags and sleep in rich peoples beds and be companions. They thought the dogs would then attract the fleas and they would stay off the bed and furniture.  Little did they know fleas actually live more in the environment then on the animal. 

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
Not yet. :P  Right now there's just a little black kitty.

I'm hoping to get a big German Shep when I move out in a couple of years.

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »
When our husky was a puppy, beds and other furniture were forbidden; we wanted to make sure she knew that her place in the pack was not equal to ours (huskies can be rather strong willed we were told). By age 2.5, we started lifting her into the bed (another reinforcement of this fact- you can be here when I choose to put you here, not when you want to be here).

She is such a sweetheart! Very respectful and never any aggression. In addition, over the last couple years she very rarely gets seizures, and when she does she gets then in the early am. If she is in our bed, we can wake up and help her deal.

About keeping the linens clean: we have an alpaca blanket on the bed that she sleeps on. It's super cozy and does not get dirty from husky fur or dirty paws (or is very easy to clean). Even when her bladder releases during a seizure, the alpaca blanket wipes clean and our other linens don't get soiled.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2014, 08:59:02 AM »
I have my two chis snuggled up against me under the covers right now :P every night the ritual is Pischer noses her way under BOTH sheet and blanket and lies down in my crotch. She has to be under both the sheet and the duvet or she'll come out and try again.  She moves from this position to the foot of my bed under the covers at my feet for the rest of the night...I think the crotch thing is her recharcging her heat-pack-like body! Then Ceydia is lifted onto the bed and placed on my belly. She immediately walks up my chest to lick my nose as a thank you, then it's under the blankets to the side of my waist for the rest of the night.
It's funny because I was brought up with the "no dogs on the bed/couch" rule. Chis seem to NEED to be under the sheets, though. I think it's because, when they were originally in Mexico, the breed was actually a cave dwelling dog, but that's just my theory.
I used to have a boxer cross and an Irish wolfhound. Somehow, during the night, a 125 lb wolfhound would sneak onto my bed and take over the entire thing. I'd always wake up on the very edge of the bed with her sprawled out and snoring beside me. This went on her entire life until she passed away, so for 9 years. She passed in 2008, and to this day i can only sleep on the very edge of the bed :lol:
Ceydia is the white one...she's a bit of a genetic mess and has been visually impaired since birth as well as having other issues. She's 2 now. Pischer is the black one. She's just a jerk :P

As far as cleanliness goes, I just wash the sheets every 10 days including the duvet cover. I got around the expense of having 3 duvet covers on rotation by buying them at the Goodwill. All three are REALLY nice and would normally be way out of my price range, but...yay, Goodwill!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:05:17 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
My sheepdog used to and yes, the doggy oils kept my bedding filthy. My little pup now sleeps under the bed, but comes up for cuddles now and again, she prefers to sleep under the bed for some reason, she's a little cave-dog! I have a mat under the bed that she sleeps on to protect the carpet and I wash that from time to time as it gets stinky under there!

I would get  a doggy blanket if I were you, keep that on top and try to train the dog to stay on that blanket. That way it will minimize the staining of your good blankets, while allowing you to have pup in bed.  That's what one of my friends did with hers.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »
Wipe her paws after she goes out. We use baby wipes since the vet said it would help with Suki's allergies (she is allergic to grass).

Our dogs aren't allowed to sleep in the bed unless the weather is bad, and they are in a panic. When they do we have a "dog comforter". An old one we don't use that goes at the foot of the bed. They sleep on that.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal