collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you afraid of the dark?

No, I've never been the least bit scared of the dark
66 (15.6%)
I used to be, but not since I was much younger
74 (17.5%)
Sometimes, after watching or playing something scary
134 (31.7%)
A little, I feel uneasy when I can't see anything
90 (21.3%)
Yes, I can get pretty scared when it's pitch black
59 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Author Topic: Things that go bump in the night.  (Read 3229 times)

SkyeSpirit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Things that go bump in the night.
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
I used to be really afraid of the dark when I was a kid. Especially if I watched a scary movie. Since then its usually only when I'm alone in the house and hear strange noises at night. Most of which is usually explainable like the water heater. lol

I, however, remain to this day afraid of the movie, Poltergiest.  :cry: I don't know why I can't even watch it anymore at all. As soon as I hear the creepy music in the beginning of the film I get the shivers so bad I have to turn it off. And this is coming from someone who has no problem watching anything to do with vampires, werewolves, hauntings and zombies. I LOVE zombies. Just can't watch that one movie. lol It's silly, I know.  :biggrin:

Offline starflyer425

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 03:27:07 AM »
when i was younger, i used to hate the dark, ESPECIALLY after watching anything scary. now i am not so scared, but hey... movies can get to you.  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
I love the dark. I prefer 'sensing' my surroundings rather than seeing them anyway. I can usually get around even in pitch dark, I just resort to touch when my sense of proximity isn't really working.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »
When I am sitting in my front room with all the lights off while watching tv I get a little nervous.  It doesn't help that I watch a lot of ghost shows or scary movies.  I also hear a lot of creaking and movement from the hallway even though my fiance is already in bed asleep.  In my room I want it pitch black, because light bothers me when I sleep.  Whether the light is coming from another room in the house or from outside it wakes me up.  Why can't I have light cancelling blinds???

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
Normally I'm alright in the dark, but I can freak myself out like nobody's business if I've just watched a scary movie.  Lord, I hate horror movies!!  In my Spanish class we watched this movie called "El Orfanato" directed by Guillermo Del Toro as a "treat" at the end of term last year.  It scared the ever loving daylights out of me (I'm shivering just thinking about it)! For weeks I pictured one of the creepy characters in the movie lurking outside my bedroom window   :shocked:.  Realistically, I should have told me teacher that it was freaking me out and gone to another room to read, but at first I was embarrassed, and by the time I was really scared I sort of wanted to know what happened, so I kept watching.   -_-
I also loathe going up stairs in the dark, and turning the downstairs lights off before I go up to bed honestly freaks me out a bit because I can't see what is in the other rooms.  If my family is around, it's okay, but if I'm home alone all the lights in the house are on.  :blush:
Oddly, I cannot sleep if my room isn't super dark.  Once I'm in bed I'm not freaked out though (barring the whole scary movie scenario, of course!).

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Wadatsumi

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »
damn these evil horror movies!  >_<

but i like to watch them anyway just to be so scared after them.

tomorrow me and my friends are going to watch horror just for going to geo-catch in the night after that! i'm already afraid, but it will be so fun! XD

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
I don't like moving around in the dark, I always have a torch when i am working late or very early - that's more of a "I need to see what I am stepping in cos people walk their dogs down this alley" need rather than being scared!! 

At home, when I go to bed, I HAVE to make sure that the wardrobe door and the drawers are closed properly with no gaps.  Also the little dot light on the TV and free view box have to be covered (with odd socks) cos I don't like the way it looks when I don't have my glasses on (they looks like weird spooky glowy zombie eyes).  Finally I have to have my curtains perfectly closed so none of the street light can get in, not because the light from the street lights disturbs my slumber (as I tell my fella) but so aliens and other floaty nasties cannot see me  :crazy:

Yeah I know nuts right??

WendyPony

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 05:15:42 AM »
 :shocked:
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of "The Dark", I'd admit to being afraid of whatever I think may be lurking in the dark. I read too many scary books, including books on alien abductions & ghosts. Don't ever do that (especially if you are alone), it's scary stuff.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
Personally I prefer it. I sleep better in pitch black environments and I get cranky if im.woken to light. I will try to rip someones throat out if they switch on a light to wake me up. Just don't do it.

I understand other people don't like the dark and im cool with that, just wish the sun worshipers would let me live in my cave until im good and ready to emerge.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2013, 03:25:08 AM »
I love the dark! =D I enjoy having black lights, glow in the dark stuff, or lit candles around my room as long as its cool and I feel a little hidden ^-^ My apt is actually kind of dark with blackout curtains so my apt stays nice and cool, our soft warm lights make it kind of romantic! I dont think I have ever been afraid of the dark! I think nighttime storms are the greatest so I can cuddle up against my hubby! Sometimes the dark makes me feel very safe.

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2013, 06:40:56 AM »
i have never been afraid of the dark, but i get really horrible nightmares from scary movies. .. i am fine with blood etc just not suspense.

Tirac

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2013, 12:23:27 PM »
I actually have auchlophobia. Have to sleep with a nightlight still and will have panic attacks during power outages.
To me, it feels like the dark is a physical pushing force trying to choke me actually, like the emptiness around me isn't empty but rather a crushing wall.

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 03:33:42 AM »
I'm scared of the *sun.*  So, the opposite :)

(Seriously the sun makes me itch and hurts my eyes.)

faeriesblood

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »
The dark has never bothered me, I've had black curtains since I was very young :3 any sort of light bothers me when I try and sleep

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 11:54:31 AM »
The dark has never been a problem for me. Even as a child. Though I do "jump" at spooky parts in horror movies. That has more to do with the "gotcha" factor then the scare,dark,suspense things going on.

As for sleeping I can sleep with lights on, TV,DVD playing. No problems there.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal