collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you afraid of the dark?

No, I've never been the least bit scared of the dark
66 (15.6%)
I used to be, but not since I was much younger
74 (17.5%)
Sometimes, after watching or playing something scary
134 (31.7%)
A little, I feel uneasy when I can't see anything
90 (21.3%)
Yes, I can get pretty scared when it's pitch black
59 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Author Topic: Things that go bump in the night.  (Read 3262 times)

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Things that go bump in the night.
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »
Not really, I was more afraid that a man in a Gorilla suit was hiding in my closet! (He was from the Electric Company on PBS, didn't scare me at all on the show but as I fell asleep... ugh!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Things that go bump in the night.
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:34 AM »
I'm pretty much the same as you, Stomper - I really dislike it when I can't see the things around me , but I'm also ok when hubby is around.

I have always disliked dark - I don't consider it 'fear', it's more of a strong feeling of discomfort. I always had sharp eyes, and always had the need to be able to observe everything around me, every time. if I can't see what's around, it really makes me feel uneasy, still up to this day. I never felt safe when I had to be in a dark place, and it made things especially difficult because I always was a bad sleeper and woke up during the night frequently, and in such situations it felt really bad that I couldn't see where I am and what is around. as a child I always slept with some lights on - as an adult I normally don't do this anymore - I have learned to simply not have heavy curtains instead :D we live close to the city centre, so the city lights provide enough light in the room during the night. thankfully, my husband really doesn't care whether it's dark or not, if he is sleepy, he will sleep either way, so he is not annoyed by my "bright sleeping habits"  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal