collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you afraid of the dark?

No, I've never been the least bit scared of the dark
66 (15.6%)
I used to be, but not since I was much younger
74 (17.5%)
Sometimes, after watching or playing something scary
134 (31.7%)
A little, I feel uneasy when I can't see anything
90 (21.3%)
Yes, I can get pretty scared when it's pitch black
59 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Author Topic: Things that go bump in the night.  (Read 3263 times)

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Things that go bump in the night.
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:23 AM »
I will admit I'm not a big fan of the dark. Too much of it for too long, and I feel run-down and depressed. However, if I'm in the comforts of my bedroom at night it doesn't bother me. As long as Mr. Stomper is around, anyway. :lookround:

I occasionally got a bit freaked during those times he worked overnight. If I heard noises I didn't like, I got really nervous. But I think it was the noises and fear of having someone break in that was the issue, not so much the dark. I just generally don't like being unable to see when I need to see things around me. (This also involves driving at night in unfamiliar territory - icky!)

What's your story?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Things that go bump in the night.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:26:34 AM »
I love the dark, but if I've just seen a really scary movie, I will have issues lol.  Every time I watch the movie Kairo, I have to turn on a nightlight so that I don't mistake shadows for ghosts haha.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:47:27 AM »
I'm pretty scared of the dark. It really depends upon when. I have to have it pitch black when I sleep, but dark outside my window, or when I'm out of my bed scares me pretty bad.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 02:56:39 AM »
The dark never seems to bother me that much now but when I was a child I always thought I had gremlins or wolves living under my bed which would keep me from getting up to go to the bathroom until it was morning again. Now I realize how ridiculous that was lol.

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 02:59:03 AM »
I was a little scared of the dark when I was a kid; actually, I was scared of murderers hiding in the dark. I loved watching Unsolved Mysteries, and while I disregarded the monsters, ghosts, and aliens segments, I totally believed that anyone could be murdered at anytime. I mean, all it takes is one crazy person and BOOM! you are dead  :lol:

Now that I'm older, I don't worry about being murdered (despite the hundreds of hours of true crime shows I've watched :P ). When I hear a bump in the night, it's usually my cats. I've tried creeping around the apartment & I'm sure no one could move around without the floor squeeking a lot. So now that I'm older and not afraid of being murdered, I love the dark.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 03:03:25 AM »
 i like the dark but if i have watched a scary film i will turn on all the lights and make sure i do every thing before i turn them off usualy charmer is with me so its ok !!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:05:14 AM by Aflame »

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 03:03:44 AM »
Can't say that I am. As a kid I used to be, but my parents live in countryside, and in Finland it gets dark really early during winter and late autumn, so now I'm used to things like having to take my dog out in a pitch black forest. In the city I of course avoid parks and such after dark, but I think that is more being smart than being afraid.

Offline mimicsno1fan

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 03:04:38 AM »
I was a little scared of the dark when I was a kid; actually, I was scared of murderers hiding in the dark. I loved watching Unsolved Mysteries, and while I disregarded the monsters, ghosts, and aliens segments, I totally believed that anyone could be murdered at anytime. I mean, all it takes is one crazy person and BOOM! you are dead  :lol:

Now that I'm older, I don't worry about being murdered (despite the hundreds of hours of true crime shows I've watched :P ). When I hear a bump in the night, it's usually my cats. I've tried creeping around the apartment & I'm sure no one could move around without the floor squeeking a lot. So now that I'm older and not afraid of being murdered, I love the dark.

Haha im not sure if I was supposed to find this funny but the whole no longer scared of being murdered cracked me up!

mimic x x x

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 03:10:38 AM »
ha ha growing up camping, hunting, fishing, shooting, and bonfires I've never been afraid of the dark. Its always excited me like a vacation from the day. I have spoke to others who say "its not the dark its what's in the dark" but once again, camping, hunting, fishing, shooting, and bonfires tends to take away any fear of what is there. :D

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 03:31:49 AM »
I remember having a nightlight as a kid but I don't remember ever being afraid of the dark :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 03:48:34 AM »
You need another option...
"No I'm not afraid of the dark but I love to psych myself out to BE AFRAID in the dark!"
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 03:50:56 AM »
I had a night light as a kid. However, I don't know if I was scared at the dark as a kid. I used to hear whispers from my closet. I sleep with the closet closed now just to be on the safe side. I do sleep with it pitch black now in the darkness of our bedroom. Mr Silent isn't scared of the dark. I notice sometimes when he goes to bed. Although sometimes I can be a light sleeper because I have to listen for my daughter.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 03:59:48 AM »
I sleep with a night light on...well, technically its not really a night light. Its a bulb but it has a switch that I can hit that turns the regular light off and turns on 2 LED lights. A nightlight for grown ups :D

In retrospect, moving to a place that had 24 hours of darkness for 1/2 the year wasn't really the greatest idea I ever had.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
I had a nightlight as a kid but now I can't sleep unless it's like perfectly dark.

Duster reference]

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »
Mostly when I get done with a scary movie or my husband is not home. I swear my house is haunted.
Heres my reasons why:

But its a good spirit lol. When my dishes are dirty my dishwasher will start by its self. Doors open and close its self, but only in the kitchen. The fans turn on by them self as well as lights. I grew up next to my house. I knew the old couple that built the house and would come over everyday to get candy from the little old lady. They were so sweet. The woman was named Betty and she pretty much lived in the kitchen and was always cooking and cleaning. She would invite me over to help her cook.

When I moved in I Put new floors and walls in most of the house. When we took down the kitchen walls my daughter came into the Kitchen and said, "Mom, Betty is not going to like this mess. You better get it cleaned up."   
My daughter was 4 and never knew about Betty. My own Husband didn't really know until that day who she was.  After all the construction was done my daughter came to me again and said, "Mom Betty wants a new fan in the Kitchen, the old one is broken." My reply was "yea well it will wait until it breaks." She let me know she refused to eat at the kitchen table until it was replaced because the fan is above the table and she was told not to sit under it. 4 days later the fan fell the brackets holding the fan were broke it was really old but we never checked it really. It was kind of creepy. No one was hurt. Betty got a new fan.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal