collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your occupation- what do you do for a living?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your occupation- what do you do for a living?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
I am a stay at home mum now but the bulk of my previous jobs have all been in tourism working as a tour guide, kayak guide, bus driver for a tourism company... lots of fun stuff anyway :  )

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
I am a second hand dealer. I work with my brother in the family business.  We restore furniture and sell books, records and TOYS :P

Offline Psivampyr

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »
I just got my associates degree in Science, specializing in Medical Administrative Assistant, got board certified and all that fun junk, as of July.
For the last year, I have been a Walmart cashier, I make jokes that I get to wear the straight jacket while attending the circus while I am there. It's in the heart of a tourist area and people come from miles to shop at this particular Walmart because it's the best in the area. I honestly enjoy the job, but its wearing thin on my body, I have a bad back.
I was just hired by a company that will require me to travel around the US. I am super excited about that! It would be great if I had time to meet pony folks while I was traveling, but I don't think I will have time. :( They said my first location for training will be in Michigan sometime at the end of the month or early October.  I just hope they send me a schedule soon, I am tired of Wacky Walmart.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2013, 06:44:18 AM »
Currently I am working as a researcher at the University of Iceland, basically, they are paying me to do my master's thesis in Environmental Science. After I'm done, I'm not sure if I will go for PhD studies in Environmental Science or if I will attempt to get another bachelor's - I'd love to study law (I already have a lot of knowledge in environmental law) but for that I need to get my Icelandic to a pretty good level. I am also toying with the idea of going to the med school.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm institutionalised to study rather than work :S so I take odd jobs here and there while I'm still studying.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »
Litigation defense (er... for a biiiiig company)- I guess what I DO isn't actually boring so much as aggravating-  but it does sound so every-day compared to falconer, print production artist, mysterious CIA accountant... :D

I'm sitting here at work (15 minute break!) and just  :lmao: at the CIA accountant- as I'm assuming that's directed at me!

Nothing that crazy... I do have to maintain a clearance for my job though.

Let's just say I get to see how much money goes where and when (among other things)! I also get to bang my head on my desk and the wall when Congress doesn't do anything (most of the time) or goes on "recess"! The next month is going to be insane for me since it's end of the '13 fiscal year and beginning of the '14 fiscal year!

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2013, 06:53:14 AM »

I'm currently doing an MA in Art History, which is taking up most of my time!

Do you have a specific interest/period? I did Medieval Studies and minored in Religious Art, so interesting  ^.^

My thesis focuses on contemporary art photography by women (specifically depictions of girlhood and how it intersects with cinema). Outside of my thesis I love photography of most styles and the rest of the art I truly love is from the Modern era on (even post modern and contemporary). Definitely looked at some religious art in my undergrad though! :) Definitely interesting.

I love the topic of your thesis! Sounds super interesting :)

One of my favourite museums over here has a 'from Jesus to G-sus' exhibition. It's sooooo cool.

I also tutor several students: currently teaching Dutch, English, German, Latin and Greek.

Now, let's hear from you guys :) I hope you will share!

Woah, so many languages!  :shocked: I'm jealous!

I'm a falconer! Our center does bird rehab and education as well. I love it :heart:

I'm such a language nerd, haha. Besides Dutch and English of course I've taken German and French in school and studied Latin, Greek, Old Irish and Middle Welsh. I'm crazy like that ;)

I looove your job too though! Sounds amazing, I didn't know that was still a profession (forgive my ignorance, it's just sounds so deliciously medieval!)
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2013, 07:14:32 AM »
I'm a PhD student, but technically I could be working as a Fisheries Biologist with my M.S... Soon I'll be Dr. Sunshine Fishy McPonypants

PLEASE oh please get your name changed to this when you get your PhD!!!!!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2013, 07:19:30 AM »
My husband's job is more interesting than mine... but it's classified so I'm not even sure what it is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »
I'm unemployed at the moment due to anxiety and agoraphobia issues, but I'm hopeful I'm starting to feel better and maybe ready to look for a job soon :)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
I work as a Mental Health Aid. Or you can call me a CNA. I work in a mental hospital.  Its very hard work and can be dangerous sometimes. I have gotten hurt many times and have a bad back now cause of it. But I do enjoy it most of the time and I am paid good :) 

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2013, 09:20:57 AM »
I have an MA in book & digital media studies and I'm now an editor at Nederlab! Nederlab is a new project which aims to connect all digitized Dutch works (think old newspapers, magazines, books etc.) from loads of different parties so that researchers and students can actually search through all of them in one go, instead of having to go to loads of different sites.
My job is to edit the data on titles and authors and to make sure that all the different databases are linked together properly. It's not the most thrilling job, but I love working on the project and my colleagues are amazing ^^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »
Housewife
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
My job title is sales assistant, but my duties are that of an assistant manager. I work in part time in a charity shop, and do every task from cleaning to banking! I've been there for a year now, and I love it :)

For the future, I'm torn between finding a second job to shoulder more of the house expenses with my husband, going to unversity to study fine art, or making a real go with my Etsy shop as a side business, on my way to being self employed. Thankfully I'm only 23 so, all things willing, I'll have many more years left to decide!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2013, 09:39:34 AM »
My husband's job is more interesting than mine... but it's classified so I'm not even sure what it is.

He's probably visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2013, 09:50:10 AM »
I'm an a level student. First&Second year (long story but I picked up extra subjects!)

I study:
Environmental Studies
Geography
Biology

And have the first yearin English Literature and doing the second year next year :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal