collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?  (Read 5407 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
guessing she's going for the novelty angle

PandoraFox

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
While I do feel it is polite to try and see what you're customizing before doing so, to prevent customizing something rare. I actually do love seeing customs. And I do feel everyone is allowed to do what they want with their own possessions.
That doesn't mean some of those choices don't make me cringe on occasion, and this is definitely one.

I've seen some unusual idea's for customs before, and I can appreciate those normally even if not all of them are my thing, but these don't feel like the creator even put in any effort.
Cut hole, stuff with sand, put cheap plant in there, done. The holes aren't even cut very nicely on some of them, the hair on most looks like a rats nest, and no care is taken, for as far as I can tell, to protect the pony from the water and dirt. Yeah, I do feel for those ponies.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »
Creepy, the trolls made me laugh though! Brains!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 05:56:56 PM »
This is slightly off topic, but now I want to get some cacti in a pot, and paint Tex onto it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »
I wish people would do even a little bit of research before destroying something :huh: She would've made a lot more money selling those ponies as is than she ever will selling them cut up with plants in their backs.

On the other hand, the trolls are really cute ^.^ If I was a plant person I would so get one XD
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

SailorSonazaki1995

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 06:07:32 PM »
If I could, I would buy it. Rip the plant out, get some sculpey clay and patch her back up..

That's just  awful

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
my horribly vendictive hope is that no one buys them. they sit around her house ....

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't really care? The only one of those ponies that's remotely sought after is Tickles, and the rest are in pretty baity condition. Honestly, it's no different than making a custom. And yes, I hope she's careful about which ponies she uses, but I think everyone's going a little bit overboard...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:14:35 PM by Pythia »
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
In my opinion I think it is a a little bit different than a custom.  Usually customs are being made for a specific person's enjoyment and even if they decide to part with it chances are someone else will enjoy it just as much.  With this though, they've already mutilated the pony and are now trying to find a new home for it.  Not to mention that the pony is going to get gross and be wrecked beyond repair relatively quickly.  Also there are not an unlimited supply of G1 ponies and even the most common ones can be sought after by collectors.  Yes the bottom line is these are her ponies to do what she wants with but I don't think a little outrage or sadness is out of place.  :P

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't really care? The only one of those ponies that's remotely sought after is Tickles, and the rest are in pretty baity condition. Honestly, it's no different than making a custom. And yes, I hope she's careful about which ponies she uses, but I think everyone's going a little bit overboard...
I'm not really sure how they look baity? They all look like they're in pretty good condition to me. Aside from some hair frizz. Not trying to come off as rude if I am but they just don't look like they're in bait condition to me.

Also these are gonna mold and rot. If the roots grow too much, they're gonna kill the plastic too. I just feel like this is a waste.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »

Please explain how any of those ponies, even the ones she's already sold, are in bait condition.

Also I do think it's a little different from a (well done) custom. Mostly just because these ponies now have a living plant inside them which will cause them harm.

I honestly hope no more of them sell too, simply because the shop owner might actually stop destroying nice ponies that way.

I'd honestly be a lot less upset if she was using fakies or even McDonalds ponies...or heck, even certain core 7 G3s! Anything but nice G1s!! =(
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

TuxAndTails

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
Yikes :huh: Seeing that really made me sad. I always find it heartbreaking when people destroy vintage toys; those ponies have probably already started deteriorating from the water and dirt. And they aren't even all that pretty? I mean, if someone really felt the need to turn a toy into a planter and then sell it for a fairly high cost, I'd think they could make a cleaner hole to put the plant in. Tickles' hole especially is very jagged and uneven when you look at the picture of her NDS.

In my opinion I think it is a a little bit different than a custom.  Usually customs are being made for a specific person's enjoyment and even if they decide to part with it chances are someone else will enjoy it just as much.  With this though, they've already mutilated the pony and are now trying to find a new home for it.  Not to mention that the pony is going to get gross and be wrecked beyond repair relatively quickly.  Also there are not an unlimited supply of G1 ponies and even the most common ones can be sought after by collectors.  Yes the bottom line is these are her ponies to do what she wants with but I don't think a little outrage or sadness is out of place.  :P
I feel the same way :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
This creeps me out too ...

Flickerswift

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
Really guys? Contacting someone and telling them to stop doing something with their own possessions? I get why you guys are all annoyed, but I think you're all way overreacting. If that seller sounds angry with you guys, well, you honestly deserve whatever he or she tells you.

So what if it's a cheap plant? Some people value plants more than ponies (which are made from cheap plastic). To each their own. If they are selling, the ponies are not going to waste, they are being enjoyed. Just because they are not being enjoyed the way you like to enjoy them does not make it wrong. How would you guys feel if someone started emailing you telling you that hording ponies in gigantic collections is wrong because you keep them from little girls who actually play with them?

It's a shame if you want a particular pony, but come on. People should be allowed to do whatever they want with their own possessions without being hounded by hordes of random people over the internet. And honestly, tell me, do you guys check the value of every single thing you use in an arts and crafts project before doing it? Everything is valuable to someone somewhere, so don't put your personal bias on other people.

That being said, I don't find these pony planters particularly attractive, but I personally know several people who would like to keep one of these in their house just for the amusement factor. Because if you look at it objectively, putting a plant in a doll is funny.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 07:08:54 PM by Flickerswift »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »
I say live and let live.  At least the buyer gets to have a pony on their shelf to keep them happy.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal