collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?  (Read 5496 times)

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2013, 06:30:56 AM »
To be honest......if the seller could verify that the inside was somehow treated to protect  the plastic from water damage, I'd probably buy the Bluebelle one. Or whatever she renamed her. lol. I know that she probably found nice ponies to do this too, but only Tickle seemed to be "mint", and she *might* have taken the time to restore them first. *end sarcasm* Could the others be restored? Sure. But to me this isn't much different from Zombie customs here ponies are made to look like guts are falling out, or Kar's day of the dead pony heads. It would have been better to use G3's but she didn't.

But.....since I doubt that the seller probably didn't  anything to protect the pony from damage, I won't be buying one. I am not going to waste my money. For that price, you're buying the pot as well as the plant, and I'm not spending my money on a flower pot that is not going to last.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:39:09 AM by josiekat »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:10 AM »
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs away crying*

sailorstitch

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2013, 08:02:37 AM »
I was actually thinking of trying this out for the backless secret surprise ponies I have. Seeing it  executed and the response, I won't be doing it.
It's a cute idea, but I wouldn't pay her prices for one.

daisypaisley76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
That makes my heart cry 8-(

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »
I think they're cute.
No matter what "value" you put on the ponies at the end of the day, they're USED TOYS.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
Really guys? Contacting someone and telling them to stop doing something with their own possessions? I get why you guys are all annoyed, but I think you're all way overreacting. If that seller sounds angry with you guys, well, you honestly deserve whatever he or she tells you.

So what if it's a cheap plant? Some people value plants more than ponies (which are made from cheap plastic). To each their own. If they are selling, the ponies are not going to waste, they are being enjoyed. Just because they are not being enjoyed the way you like to enjoy them does not make it wrong. How would you guys feel if someone started emailing you telling you that hording ponies in gigantic collections is wrong because you keep them from little girls who actually play with them?

It's a shame if you want a particular pony, but come on. People should be allowed to do whatever they want with their own possessions without being hounded by hordes of random people over the internet. And honestly, tell me, do you guys check the value of every single thing you use in an arts and crafts project before doing it? Everything is valuable to someone somewhere, so don't put your personal bias on other people.

That being said, I don't find these pony planters particularly attractive, but I personally know several people who would like to keep one of these in their house just for the amusement factor. Because if you look at it objectively, putting a plant in a doll is funny.

You have a point, but the pony is going to get badly damaged because of the soil, water and plan in it and the new owner will soon have to throw it away (if they even get one, that is). The vintage pony being costumised is not as big problem as how poorly it has been done :(

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:08 AM »
Ha, the person making these things doesn't seem to be very bright. Ponies were not made to hold plants, especially not ones that are 30 years old with plastic that's already starting to break down. Those pones definitely aren't going to stay mint condition for very long, since I doubt they made any effort to coat the insides to prevent things like mold. They probably would have been better off using G3s, styling sized ones should be room enough for plants.

They're also an idiot for using mint condition sought after ponies that could probably have been sold at a higher price if they'd just left 'em alone.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2013, 09:57:44 AM »
I was actually thinking of trying this out for the backless secret surprise ponies I have. Seeing it  executed and the response, I won't be doing it.

No see, I think other people would be interested in it with a backless secret surprise pony, especially if done right. I know *I* would. In fact I hope I find a backless secret surprise pony -- all I have is a minty one with a key. lol.

The majority of the negative reaction seems to be more so the person cut holes into "perfectly good ponies".
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:39:37 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
^I'd still only do the Secret Surprise thing if you put the plant in another pot before sticking it in the pony, and even then putting it in another plastic container. That way it'd still be super cute and you wouldn't have to worry about the dirt and water damaging the pony~

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:35 AM »
Erm... This is a bit disturbing to me o_O

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Gross! The pony planters will get mildew because they can't drain water plus they'll fade from the sunlight the plant needs.

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2013, 11:06:46 AM »
Bluebell is a reproduction, true (though that doesn't automatically make her bait) but Blossom is undoubtedly an original. I don't see a Cotton Candy. And I don't see any big symbol rubs. If a small symbol rub renders a G1 bait in your eyes, I hope you aren't a customizer.

Okay, now you are just being ridiculous. Moondancer had horrible symbols, her body color is stained and no longer a pristine white, her eyes have scratches and overall she is a bait. Sorry to burst your bubble, sweets, but symbol rubs DO qualify as a baity pony and when it is a common pony like Moondancer it really isn't an issue at all; not even remotely. Also, sorry to tell you, but that Blossom is a reproduction.

I am with Pythia on this one, I fail to see what the big deal is. It's not like she used some extremely rare pony and even if she had I still wouldn't care because (brace yourselves): It is her pony. Does that mean I would like it? No, but I would not have a tizzy about it because it was not my pony and I have no right to tell someone how they should handle the things they bought with their money. If you all want to get up in arms over it, fine, but I think you are being stupid and freaking out over nothing.

Maybe you think Moondancer's bait, but I don't. And I think it's more than fair to say that ONLY a symbol rub doesn't make a pony bait, even a common one (and that IS what I said, I didn't list a whole bunch of other issues when I said that). Would you bait Rapunzel because she had a small symbol scrape? I really hope not. I mean obviously we can't order people around about their own property, but we can still have a strong opinion about it.

And no, the Blossom was NOT a reproduction. Come on guys, go look at a picture of the repros. They look COMPLETELY different than the original Blossoms.

It seriously wasn't necessary to be so condescending and call everyone stupid. We are all here because we like ponies, most of us collect ponies, and we do kinda care a little when they get messed up (and putting a living plant in a pony WILL cause it damage, even if you think the idea itself isn't an issue). If you don't like that, why are you here?
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »
I don't think its as bad as ay other people customizing a perfectly mint G1. At least if I bought one of these I could take the plant out, clean it up, and give it a new back. If she'd used a really expensive pony I knew I'd never otherwise afford I'd probably do just that.

I don't think the Cotton Candy looks repro.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:26:24 AM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2013, 11:59:11 AM »
It's not a good use of a Tickle pony or ideal conditions for the plant.
It would be like growing a daisy in the head of a ball jointed doll.

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
A daisy on the head of a ball jointed doll? Now that I'd want to see!

If you look up pony succulent on google images there's a few more ponies the same person did in the past. There's a sitting Seashell.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:09:13 PM by HavACrumpet452 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal