collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?  (Read 5366 times)

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
Re: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
LOL her shop stats will go through the roof with that link here ;-)

xx

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
Bluebell is a reproduction, true (though that doesn't automatically make her bait) but Blossom is undoubtedly an original. I don't see a Cotton Candy. And I don't see any big symbol rubs. If a small symbol rub renders a G1 bait in your eyes, I hope you aren't a customizer.

Okay, now you are just being ridiculous. Moondancer had horrible symbols, her body color is stained and no longer a pristine white, her eyes have scratches and overall she is a bait. Sorry to burst your bubble, sweets, but symbol rubs DO qualify as a baity pony and when it is a common pony like Moondancer it really isn't an issue at all; not even remotely. Also, sorry to tell you, but that Blossom is a reproduction.

I am with Pythia on this one, I fail to see what the big deal is. It's not like she used some extremely rare pony and even if she had I still wouldn't care because (brace yourselves): It is her pony. Does that mean I would like it? No, but I would not have a tizzy about it because it was not my pony and I have no right to tell someone how they should handle the things they bought with their money. If you all want to get up in arms over it, fine, but I think you are being stupid and freaking out over nothing.

Maybe you think Moondancer's bait, but I don't. And I think it's more than fair to say that ONLY a symbol rub doesn't make a pony bait, even a common one (and that IS what I said, I didn't list a whole bunch of other issues when I said that). Would you bait Rapunzel because she had a small symbol scrape? I really hope not. I mean obviously we can't order people around about their own property, but we can still have a strong opinion about it.

And no, the Blossom was NOT a reproduction. Come on guys, go look at a picture of the repros. They look COMPLETELY different than the original Blossoms.

It seriously wasn't necessary to be so condescending and call everyone stupid. We are all here because we like ponies, most of us collect ponies, and we do kinda care a little when they get messed up (and putting a living plant in a pony WILL cause it damage, even if you think the idea itself isn't an issue). If you don't like that, why are you here?

First of all, Moondancer did not have "minor" symbol rub, the crescent moon was completely rubbed off and most of her stars were gone as well. If you call that a minor symbol rub, then I think you seriously need to redefine it. Second, if I got a Punzie whose symbols were almost entirely gone save for one braid and a small portion of the tower and had a buzz cut then, yes, I would bait her and I would do it without a second thought.

Having an opinion about it is one thing, but bothering the seller just because you do not like her work is just, to put it bluntly, stupid and extremely rude. If you do not like someone's work fine, but keep it to yourself and do not go harassing them.

Personally, I do not like that you are implying that I do not like ponies because I do. I just think it is incredibly stupid to get this up in arms over something you have zero control over. And I would not have been so inclined to be condescending if you had not acted like that in all of your responses to Pythia.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2013, 02:04:17 PM »
First of all, Moondancer did not have "minor" symbol rub, the crescent moon was completely rubbed off and most of her stars were gone as well. If you call that a minor symbol rub, then I think you seriously need to redefine it. Second, if I got a Punzie whose symbols were almost entirely gone save for one braid and a small portion of the tower and had a buzz cut then, yes, I would bait her and I would do it without a second thought.

Having an opinion about it is one thing, but bothering the seller just because you do not like her work is just, to put it bluntly, stupid and extremely rude. If you do not like someone's work fine, but keep it to yourself and do not go harassing them.

Personally, I do not like that you are implying that I do not like ponies because I do. I just think it is incredibly stupid to get this up in arms over something you have zero control over. And I would not have been so inclined to be condescending if you had not acted like that in all of your responses to Pythia.

I still don't see her Moondancer as bait, we just disagree there. But I meant that more as a general statement, including harder to find ponies as well. I honestly don't like Rapunzel so I wouldn't feel sad for myself if one was baited, but I know how rare and desirable she is, so I'd be upset for all the other members of the community who would be sad that there was one less of her floating around. And again, I didn't say no hair and practically missing symbol, I said minor symbol scrape. Her being in legit, hard-to-deny bait condition is a different story.

Anyway. I don't completely disagree about emailing the seller being a little over the top, though that does depend on what those who did so said and how they said it. If they emailed to say that the product they are selling won't hold up well to having dirt and water inside and being set in the sunlight, then that's actually kinda helpful. In any case blatantly insulting everyone doesn't help anyone either.

I don't quite know what you mean about how I responded to her. I don't see anything I said as being rude or condescending. If it's the customizing thing, I stand by that. Gypsy, for example, is a pony I've wanted since I started collecting. If I saw someone bait one just because it had some glitter missing, I'd be really upset, and yeah, I'd rather that person not customize if they're going to bait any G1 pony who has a tiny flaw.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Rika_of_Thunder

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Heck, it wouldn't be as bad if she customized them, even if they were mint before as a custom they'd be staying in someone's collection for pretty much ever. These potted ponies on the other hand are gonna get gross and moldy and are gonna have to be thrown away after not too long.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
For some reason this is becoming a bit contentious. Different opinions are great, disagreeing is fine but seriously guys do we need to call one another stupid because someone takes a different view?

On topic please and no name calling.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »
omg! so sad :(

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Find what makes you happy and do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »
For some reason this is becoming a bit contentious. Different opinions are great, disagreeing is fine but seriously guys do we need to call one another stupid because someone takes a different view?

On topic please and no name calling.

Yeahh I really didn't mean for it to devolve into this when I started this thread.  :lookround: I think it's safe to say that everyone has a different opinion of what is, or isn't, bait. Everyone has their own opinion about this... "unique" use of ponies. It's cool to have a discussion/debate as long as it doesn't get mean. Sheesh!
:heart:

Thanks Shenanigans for my awesome avatar!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
Poor Tickle! I would have taken her with a bit of pen on her - she doesn't look to have regrind! Ohhhhh....  :(

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
Ohh, that makes me sad. Moondancer is more common, ditto for the Retro/re-release Blue Belle and Cotton Candy, but Tickle? :( Why! Why did it have to be the purple one!? *sobs over dramatically, passes out*

That said - I am a strong proponent of the 'it's your property to do with as you desire' mentality. If anyone wants to buy a pony and hack it up for a planter - go nuts! You paid for it fair and square. (Even if it'll make the tail rusty and moldy you might eventually have roots coming out the tail hole...!!! Ewwww!)

But the minute you put something up for sale, it comes into the public domain and may get commented on in not-so-nice ways. It would be the same if I took, say, old records and turned them into bowls - I've seen people doing that! It's a very unique and cool-looking end product! But if you melted down, say, a rare, mint limited-edition Elvis vinyl record and then tried to sell it as a bowl, then I'd probably have some angry Elvis fans on my tail, wouldn't I? ;)

The end result is the same - putting crafty stuff up for sale sometimes results in wonderful new products, and sometimes it's only worthy of being reposted on Regretsy. :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline SailorEarth

• Xena: Warrior Pony
  • Trade Count: (+165)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I have many skills
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cosplaycassie.com
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »
Ick. The trolls I kind of understand because it mimics troll hair but it just looks out of place on the ponies.

Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that's going to happen with MLP being popular again. On the bright side, there are also a ton of new fans out there who are helping to preserve the ponies that are left. We've got a lot more eyes out there now at flea markets, second hand stores, yard sales etc. to scout out ponies and get them in the hands of collectors. Unfortunate incidents like what happened to these ponies are definitely the exception rather than the rule, so I wouldn't fret too much ^_^

Wish List~Pony Sales
Thanks Lina & Rainbowjuice for my adoptables!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2013, 11:40:23 PM »
Unfortunately this is the kind of thing that's going to happen with MLP being popular again. On the bright side, there are also a ton of new fans out there who are helping to preserve the ponies that are left. We've got a lot more eyes out there now at flea markets, second hand stores, yard sales etc. to scout out ponies and get them in the hands of collectors. Unfortunate incidents like what happened to these ponies are definitely the exception rather than the rule, so I wouldn't fret too much ^_^

This made me feel warm and fuzzy!  :lovey:

And yes they are not ours and if we don't like them, we won't buy them. There are many out there preserving them now and that is a wonderful thought!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
I actually don't mind the idea, it's kinda cute... though the execution perhaps leaves a bit to be desired.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal