collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?  (Read 5490 times)

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Is anyone else slightly horrified by this?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »
Oh gosh, my heart stung a little when I saw that. A perfectly good and, might I add, ADORABLE G1 ruined?? It makes me want to cry...
I actually had an idea similar to this that I plan to do, except with a baity G3. Rip off the head, poke holes in the hooves, and plant a plant in its head! I thought it'd be funny to plant a venus fly trap, so its a pony with a fly trap for a head! I just need to find a common, baity G3 first, NOT a mint G1!

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Find what makes you happy and do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
"Thanks for your concern, but I've been making these for awhile and I have customers who love and collect them. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone else has to. You do what you want with your ponies and mind your own business."

Makes me wonder if they're aware of this thread. My message said nothing about not liking them and wasn't rude, just that its a horrible idea to use them as planters because they're so susceptible to mildew, mold, and rust and they'd probably make more money with less effort just selling the ponies.

They obviously don't care, so I guess all we can do is hope they never get their hands on a nirvana or a Mimic. And that they don't buy a bunch of G1 lots and destroy the ponies to ~get back at us~ who ~dared to message her~.

That's the same reply I got, copied and pasted exactly. I guess she's probably had many complaints before us! She has a response all ready to go.  -_- I hope the same as you, that more ponies don't suffer as a consequence. Some people can be so ignorant.
:heart:

Thanks Shenanigans for my awesome avatar!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »
While I do think creativity is amazing and it's a cute idea....it wouldn't be good for the pony or the plant....I mean it's just gonna turn into gross...smooze something.

:( Things weren't meant to last forever but at least for me, if something isn't being manufactured anymore it's better to see if there is a market for them + pass on the info to get item interest. 

Otherwise I had a similar thought for the secret surprise ponies...but even then I'd have installed other pieces to keep the pony intact and looking nice!

I couldn't buy one of these. D:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 04:40:30 PM »
i'd be concerned about how long the plastic will hold up. it's already 30 years old... adding dirt and moisture doesn't seem like its good for the pony or the plant.

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
Eeeek!  Ponies-with-succulent-parasites - that reeeeeeaaaaaalllllllllly creeps me out.  (Especially the headless one in their past sales... brrrr!)  Someone with issues, maybe, selling their therapy on Etsy?  Or maybe I'm just being extra grumpy 'cause ponies got hurt. :mad:  Either way, no commerce from me.

(No-one's saying much about the trolls with brain implants, however... poor trolls, I don't like them but they do deserve better than that.)

Bulbasaur!

Ow.  I got tea up my nose laughing when I read this! :rofl: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »
The seller seems wicked defensive about all of this, eh?

I reckon that at least some of these ponies would sell for more without a hole in their back and a body full of dirt. Maybe she just doesn't realize this.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »
What?!!? Those poor ponies! Poor Tickle! She looked so beautiful too before cutting her back open :( I'm sorry, but I don't find these artistic, beautiful, or attractive at all and I don't seem them lasting too long as plant holders!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline LadyDi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »
OMG I have no words. :O I can't believe her response either! Poor pony!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
My gosh... It's .. yea Idk, It's weird I'd say, but like everyone's said- it'll mildew.. They'll be destroyed once the plant "Grows" you'll just have an ugly busted pony that turned black/green/brown later.. Not worth that money.

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
I actually feel sick about this, having revisited this thread and checked out the pics again....

The whole idea is so ugly. Ruining a gorgeous, desireable, vintage collectible pony like Tickle and for what? The end result is not even aesthetically pleasing - it's dreadful!

I can't believe why anyone would do such a horrible thing and deprive the world of perfectly good ponies...it beggars belief!

:cloud: :pullhair:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
I had a strong feeling that any response from her would be just like that. What a terrible shame. =(

I'm still trying to figure out why some people like these. People sure do buy they strangest things.

(No-one's saying much about the trolls with brain implants, however... poor trolls, I don't like them but they do deserve better than that.)

LOL well said. I agree.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 04:51:12 PM »
The seller seems wicked defensive about all of this, eh?

I reckon that at least some of these ponies would sell for more without a hole in their back and a body full of dirt. Maybe she just doesn't realize this.
i dont' think she even know what the ponies really are.
she keeps calling the cutie marks. tattoos.

flutterwry

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »
Those need to be submitted to Regretsy.
Very agreed.
This is just cringeworthy.

Offline tictactoe_kf

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Find what makes you happy and do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »
I replied to her not-so-pleasant message and explained that her Tickle, in the condition she was once in, would fetch possibly twice the price she's going to get for these "creations" of hers. But I have a feeling I'm basically talking to a brick wall. She obviously has no value for ponies if she is able to do this to them, and no amount of persuading from us will change her mind.

In any case, I'm going to try to find my appetite again so I can eat dinner. Sigh...  :cloud:
:heart:

Thanks Shenanigans for my awesome avatar!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
Who the heck is gonna pay $20 for that? Seriously, people are paying that much for a succulent placed into a My Little Pony that has had it's plastic cut out to make a planter?

You can buy succulents for a couple Dollars, You can grow a million succulents by just having one healthy plant because every time a leaf falls off you have a new plant.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal