collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 111969 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1395 on: January 26, 2024, 03:54:17 PM »
I would be completely livid too Ponyfan.  i'm glad your neighbor saw her before something bad happened.

When my parents come over i'm always worried about my mom leaving the front door open. She did it once before we got our 3rd dog. the door wasn't wide open but she went outside and left it cracked. luckily the older 2 dogs have little interest in the outdoors. Luna would have been gone.

I feel a bit better now. it got some hot soup for dinner :) hopefully we get some sun tomorrow. i like gloomy weather but it's been days...

BC, it's annoying that Walmart is charging more for fast delivery. i don't like when companies charge BS fees to squeeze more money out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 26, 2024, 04:46:26 PM »
BC, home delivery charges are like that. Late night is cheap, while middle of the day is at least double the price... It's the same wi Tesco.
Ponyfan, how hard is it to close a door??? Especially when there are mals who can get in or out!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 26, 2024, 07:20:52 PM »
oh goodness your poor doggy!  I am glad she was safe! 
(WHAT THE HECK PARENTS?!)

... we have a giant yellow poster on our door that says CAT - WHERE IS HE AT? to remind people.  he is actually terrified of the outside but just in case... we are very picky about the door.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1398 on: January 26, 2024, 10:28:22 PM »
Omg! I would be livid! How hard is it to close a door? I am so glad your dog is safe.

We got en email from our landlord telling us the negotiations of our rentincrease for this year is finnished and it landed on 5,7%. We also got the news that the increase for january and february will come retroactivly in Mars. So, we face a higher rent, about 400 sek more a month (like 41usd/euro) and in Mars an additional 82usd/eur. Luckily we can afford it, but I feel for those who live by every krona, 12 years ago I would not have been able to afford this. This is a huge chunk of money. The landlord association were going for 12% so 5.7 is quite good, but ouch!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1399 on: January 27, 2024, 10:06:33 AM »
Ouch! That's a high increase. My rent was raised because of a check I got for one month. I need to get the paperwork to try and get it lowered again.

Allergies still. Eyes wonky still. My back hurts from yesterday too. I slept with my feet and legs elevated and when I woke up my foot was like jello :huh: It felt very weird!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: January 27, 2024, 11:40:37 AM »
the cat had an accident in our bedroom, and his intestinal festival decorated an entire day's worth of laundry that WAS clean and ready to be put away.  seriously I just....
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 28, 2024, 11:04:32 AM »
Ponyfan - Your parents sound just like my dad - we have to remind him a LOT about keeping the doors shut so our animals don't get out >( I don't get why it's so hard for some people to get that! I'd be furious if I were you. Glad your dog was found safe and sound in time.

Squirmy - Ughhh my condolences :X why is it that whenever cats have an accident, it's always a big one?? Although I have to admit the phrase "intestinal festival" made me giggle.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: January 28, 2024, 07:07:16 PM »
Thank you everyone. :hug:  :hug:  I know my parents wouldn't do anything intentional to harm her or let her get out, but I can't say that makes me any less upset about it.  We were very lucky though.  My dog didn't head toward the busy street, but instead went the way that we've taken her for walks. She only made it about a block away before she was found.  She has a tag with her name and our phone number on it.  It had started to rain and my mom said the dog was cold, wet and shivering when the lady gave her back.  Maybe because she was cold and wet, she didn't mind a stranger picking her up.  My dog is also microchipped.

I'm exhausted.  I took a nap earlier and I'm still tired.  :zzz: :zzz:  I was trying to text a friend of my and copied the text I sent to another friend because I was telling my second friend the same thing. I didn't realize until after I sent it, that it still had my other friend's name on it.   :blush:  I sent another text immediately explain that it was a mistake, but now I worry that my friend might be mad at me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 29, 2024, 01:44:58 AM »
My hair, again. I washed it saturday morning. Sunday afternoon it was so greasy! I refused to wash it but this morning I could not stand it so had to wash. Bleh.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 29, 2024, 04:37:45 AM »
When people show up at a thing, saying they have a bit of a cold, & children are there, & they DON'T wear a mask!!! Did the recent pandemic teach us NOTHING???
Now I have a cold & have to miss out on today's thing due to my nose going mad. If I make tomorrow's I'll grab one of my masks & use it, because I at least learned that masks block cold viruses as well as the big C
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1405 on: January 29, 2024, 07:06:37 AM »
Beldarna, when I had super long hair I used a dry shampoo in between washes. I mainly used it on my scalp and roots because they'd be greasy too. I only washed my hair like once a week back then, because it was such an ordeal. See if you can find a good dry shampoo.

Sorry you got sick, PBW. Masks really should be a normal part of life by now. I still have mine too, and I use them.

I woke up with a bad headache and my neck hurts. I took some medicine but it hasn't kicked in yet. I need caffeine.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1406 on: January 29, 2024, 07:23:17 AM »
Ugh yes why do people go to stuff when they're sick! it's not being "tough" or whatever. it's being a selfish person. if you must go at least wear a mask.

my week is off to a rough start. i woke up to dog getting sick on the carpet. she's fine. i think she ate something weird. also a package got delivered to god only knows where. and Amazon makes it hard to report and ask for a replacement. i'm not going door-to-door to ask for a package! get it right.

also my week is filled with meetings. hopefully some get canceled.

also, i try to call my parents at least once a week to check in. i feel like they don't like talking to me. they only want to talk about what they ate for dinner. they don't have much interest in what's going on with me unless it affects them. if i bring up work my mom just changes topics or says it's time to get off the phone. she's always been weird about discussing anything work related. even when my dad used to talk about his job. it's frustrating because work is most of my day. also they use the speaker on the cell phone but they stand far away or something. i have trouble hearing them. i should just go over there but i was tired from being up late working.

Also, can Texas just stop being dumb for a little while. I'm tired.

Update: whoever got my package brought it over. so the doggies get their treats :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 03:28:24 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 29, 2024, 04:45:14 PM »
these are two of my biggest pet peeves ...  and I swear it has happened every day last week and now today!!!!

1st:  when I text my husband to let him know that I am leaving the office, I expect that the front door is unlocked because my hands are always full and the porch has a rain gutter that drips.  so if you are fumbling with keys, your purse or bags or jacket or your hair gets spattered with water.  if people are expected and I hear the car engine, I unlock the door for them.  I HATE getting my work items all wet cuz most of the time, they are important and should NOT get wet.  but no..... here I am pounding on the door with hands full and getting wet, because "Oh I didn't know when you would be home."  DUDE!  I texted you and it always takes 20 minutes to get home.  I am the only person in our immediate corner block of houses who comes home at this time, so why is it so hard to be like, "oh I hear the car, I'll go unlock the door".

2nd:  When I get home from work, the work day is OVER.  OVER!   I HATE HATE HATE when people decide, when I come home,  to start tasks that usually should have been dealt with HOURS ago. 

Today, he decided as I am fighting to get all my stuff in the door, and keep it dry ,  to get on the phone and call someone, who put him on hold!  So I am standing there, hoping to tell him something important, but he's got his finger up in the air for ME to wait. 

NO NO NO!  If they put you on hold, you can hang up and talk to me!  Apparently, when I come home from work, that's when we should run around and do all the things that SHOULD HAVE been dealt with while I was AT WORK. 

Like really?!  You had EIGHT hours to do this stuff so that when I come home, we can all just relax.  Instead I now have to do laundry again because it's stinky since nobody put it in the dryer, figure out dinner, pick up after the cat and refill his water dish, remember what the heck the Important Thing was, and hear a rundown on "how nothing got done today.  ~*whine*~ Sorry honey"

*punches a wall* 
The Bad Trader List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1408 on: January 29, 2024, 05:25:43 PM »
OMG

I haven't felted in a while and I was cleaning up my art space and one of my bags of wool has ANTS in it! They even have eggs! dfkjbvLKjhsfbvhjsFb

It's the tiny ones, of course, so hard to see. I have NO idea how to get them out of my wool! I can't spray it with ant spray. I can't wash it. The only thing I can think of is to use the ant gel and bait them out.

When I first started felting I was told to watch for moths and carpet beetles, no one said anything about ants.

Does cedar and lavender deter ants? And now I have to find something else to store my wool in because I no longer trust what I have. I can't believe this...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 30, 2024, 03:27:54 AM »
BC I do have dry shampoo and use it occasionaly, but when the hair gets this greasy, it looks liked it hadn't been washed in weeks, it's no saving it other than an actual wash :(.

I shudder by the thought of the ants.. yikes! I have no idea if cedar or lavender works but I hope so.

Beth3346 In Sweden, to deter people from calling in sick at work for unessecary things we have something called karensdag. I have no idea how to translate karens, but it means the first day of sickleave is unpaid. So basically, if I'm feeling under the weather and I have a ten hour shift, but only a four hour shift the next day, I preferably work the ten hour shift and risk infecting everybody else, to not loose the ten hour money and get the karens on the four hour shift instead. It is a stupid system that should be abolished, but the state is so afraid of cheaters they keep it and instead risk everybodys health instead :shrug:. But yeah, when sick and need to get out in public, wear a mask please.

I have one of my diamond paintings left from the order I did in September. It is a big one that wont fit on my desk. I'm not sure where to do it. I finnished the last one on the livingroom table and John was not happy about that. Also the light there were horrbile with lots of reflection. I might have to remove my rug and Majsans pillow and do it on the floor :wonder:.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal