collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 111944 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1380 on: January 19, 2024, 06:44:20 AM »
I overspent this month. :(  I'm usually really good at keeping track of my spending, but this month I didn't.  I won't be overdrawn, but my balance will be a little lower than I like until next payday. 

My dad is making a huge deal about switching electric providers. 99% of the city was on the same one.  One of the members of the board decided that the city electric company would not longer be the provider, just maintain the lines and equipment.  That means everyone on the city's power company has to chose a new electric company. There have been several providers running ads on TV.  My dad decided against one company because they had employees from the company  at Walmart talking to people. :(  It was the company that my mom has going to pick and now she can't.

He's so stubborn and hard to get along with at times.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1381 on: January 19, 2024, 08:51:38 AM »
@Ponyfan, there's a website called Power to Choose (https://powertochoose.org/) that my dad used to pick electric providers. my dad was a bit obsessive about it when he lived in Houston :huh:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1382 on: January 19, 2024, 08:55:32 AM »
You're lucky you can choose, we only have Florida Power & Light.

My complaint is my sore body again. My side/back felt better yesterday but I woke up in a half twist on my face and it really hurts today. I can hardly lift my arm up it hurts in my shoulder and side.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 19, 2024, 11:21:59 AM »
it really still depends on where you live. a lot of cities in Texas still have a single power company. and usually a single power company maintains the infrastructure. there are really just resellers from what i understand. so it's not like if you choose wrong your service will be bad. it's really just the rates that change. i think all of the companies now have a "fixed" rate so you don't have to deal with the rates getting higher in the summer. my experience has been that my bills are way lower in the summer but in the winter they're not as low. but the bills are more predictable. i haven't done any research about deregulation of energy companies. just my personal experience. our grid is a nightmare but that's a whole other conversation
:drunk:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 19, 2024, 03:47:26 PM »
we have "choices" but all the smaller companies have to get their power from the provincial source so it costs the same
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 21, 2024, 05:17:12 AM »
I'm sick -_- I don't know what it is, I don't think it's COVID-19 as I last had it at Hallowe'en and I've since had boosters, plus I don't have the intense chills and fever that indicate COVID-19. It started as a singular cough and a burning between nose and throat, now it's just like my head is super-gunky and my tongue is white. I managed through work Friday, I wanted to do something Saturday in the city as I was so tired of just work-eat-sleep but I went to the hairdresser for a long-overdue head shave and just felt so miserable and useless. It's the same today, it doesn't help it's raining outside and I kinda want to get stuff for lunch tomorrow as well as snacks and take bins out.

I remember hoping to get sick in old jobs so I could just stay home. Now I'm irritated I'm sick as I've got too much to do! I don't like being sick, I'm a busy bee!!

EDIT: I've had COVID-19 twice so far, and in both times, I had intense chills and some form of fever following it, hence I don't think this is COVID-19 this time. Plus I JUST got boosted, I'd better not have it!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1386 on: January 21, 2024, 08:35:11 AM »
I'm a mess :( I slept for whole day and night and now my neck/shoulder/back problem is a lot worse. I can't turn my head or lift up my arm.

Plus, my eyes are wonky, there's gunk in my throat, I'm really thirsty, my lips are chapped, I'm cold. Ugh. I just want to feel better.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 23, 2024, 01:46:44 AM »
I went to the doctor as I'm still sick and last night wasn't very fun at all. She says it's a viral infection and just needs to run its course -_- I've got cough medicine to use at nights, it wasn't nice going outside as the weather is still pretty bad but I got snacks and I'm just going to go back to bed.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1388 on: January 23, 2024, 09:11:46 AM »
Simba does not like his wetfood anymore. He still eats the kibbles though, which, if he have pain in his mouth doesn't make sense. I get it is tiresome eating the same thing over and over but we have managed to find three different kinds of the urinary food he needs to eat, a mousse, chunks in gravy and some processed and pressed meat in a sauce he loves but he wont eat any of it anymore, Ninja who has been on this food for years still eat with no problem.
Well, at least he eats the kibbles. One week til his vet appointment.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 25, 2024, 07:41:45 AM »
sending happy thoughts for Simba. :hug: :hug: It's always so frustrating when they won't eat foods they used to.

work is a little stressful again. also, not a complaint really but a recurring thought i keep having. is anyone else who has to get on calls for their job afraid that they're going to unmute and instead of talking you burp loudly or something? it's never happened to me but it's a constant fear. also on teams at least that little circle lights up so everyone would know it was me!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1390 on: January 25, 2024, 08:46:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about Simba. I hope he gets over it and starts eating his food again. My Bass was a picky eater and would get tired of the same thing, but switching foods always made her sick even when I slowly introduced it. She was skinny her whole life.

Beth, my stomach disease makes me belch a lot. I'm always nervous on Zoom calls with my therapist, though I don't think she would mind... I'd still hate to do it. Also since I started recording videos for YouTube I have the same fear. My mic has a mute button but I'm always scared I didn't push it enough or something. I could edit them out, but not doing it in the first place is better.

My complaints today - My eyes are all messed up again. They're full of goo and it keeps coming back, plus my one eyelid is twitching. I hate that. I somehow hurt my ankle? It's not really bad, I can still walk normally, but there is pain on the side when I do. My foot is so swollen and it's very itchy. The sores on my legs are itchy too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 26, 2024, 08:22:16 AM »
i'm not in a good headspace today. usually Fridays are less stressful but i have to work this some weekend :( also, i still haven't been able to get back in a good work flow since the holidays. also i don't really feel like cooking and i'm sick of the rain and fog.

:cloud:  :cloud:  :cloud:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1392 on: January 26, 2024, 09:03:42 AM »
Thanks.. We have tried different things.. he needs a supplement that we mix in his wetfood and he not eating it makes it tricky.. but we discovered that if we mix a tiny bit of the wetfood with the kibbles he eat all of it.

My hair is getting greasy so easily now.. I wonder if it's the weather going from cold to warm to cold to warm that does it? I usually only wash it once or twice a week but now it's getting so greasy and disgusting after only a day and a half and I need to wash it every other day.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 26, 2024, 10:01:14 AM »
I'm so upset right now.    :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged:

I've asked my parents multiple times to not leave the door from the kitchen to the garage open when the garage door is also open because the dog could get out without us knowing.  Despite this they have left the door open many times.  Today it happened.  My elderly dog got out when no was watching and made it to the sidewalk.  I didn't even know she was gone until my mom said that a lady called on the next street and she found my dog. My mom says that it's more important that we got the dog back and she's safe.  I get that and I would be even more upset if she hadn't been found or got run over, but still... how much sense does it take to shut a door behind you after you go through it if you know there's a possibility that an animal could get out? Or to make sure the dog isn't following you.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1394 on: January 26, 2024, 02:52:57 PM »
Omg Ponyfan! My sister would do the exact same thing and let my cats out! I was always so angry about it! Yes, how hard IS IT to close a freakin' door behind you?? Ohh, I'm angry on your behalf! I am glad that your dog is back and safe, but yeah, completely inconsiderate from your parents!

Beth, I'm sorry :hug: I hope the weather gets better and you can find your mojo.

Beldarna, that's good about the food :)

My complaint is that I don't have the five dollars to get my Walmart delivery right away. I have to wait until 9 because that was the earliest slot they had. Second to last for the day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal