collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 102926 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1410 on: January 30, 2024, 03:44:08 AM »
I got some help on Facebook from one of the needle felting groups. Cinnamon will get rid of ants and even kill them, so I sprinkled some in the wool and mixed it up. I put the whole bag in the tub and put some of the bait gel by the bag to draw the rest of the ants out. When I checked this morning, there was piles of dead ants and it looks like they aren't in the wool anymore. I'm going to keep it there for a few days to make sure.

I also found some gasket bins at Walmart.com I'm going to order to put my wool in from now on. I'll also order cinnamon sticks and lavender sachets to put in with the wool.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: January 30, 2024, 04:53:31 AM »
Beldarna, BC, Beth, I felt a bit better today & endured the steamy glasses effect of wearing a mask in the cold to the warm. I was careful when eating, drinking, & blowing my nose, to do so when people weren't so close, & the rest of the time it was covering my nose to my chin. Same when I stocked up in the shop. It's not too hard & I've done it before during the mandate.
I hear in places like Japan everybody wears masks when they're ill enough to be infectious but not ill enough to be incapacitated.

Also BC, glad you found something which works!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1412 on: January 30, 2024, 08:30:51 AM »
I'm glad you're feeling better PBW :)

I have a massive headache today. Also I took the advil bottle out of my drawer but i got distracted by the meeting i was on. now i can't remember if i actually took advil or not :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1413 on: January 31, 2024, 07:00:02 AM »
I haven't slept. I was up all night finishing cleaning. My back is destroyed.

The inspection has been done. She was very nice and said that my garbage disposal was leaking. I hadn't noticed. There's a bucket under it (thankfully) in the cupboard, with some cleaning supplies in it. There was about three inches of water, so it's been leaking for a while. She said my inspection will most likely fail because of the garbage disposal, but it's not my fault. It won't reflect on me at all. I feel kind of bad now, because I don't want the maintenance guys to get in trouble or something. I would have reported it if I knew.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1414 on: January 31, 2024, 10:09:46 AM »
@Ponybookworm, also all through hay fever season. I remember when I was over there, the family friend I was with was wearing a mask the whole time, except when we were taking photos, because of hayfever.

My complaint is complicated and very wound up in politics, things I don't really want to dump here. Let's just say that the govt have some very scary plans going forward which worry me...I emailed my MP about it...he doesn't care. That sums it up.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1415 on: January 31, 2024, 01:34:28 PM »
I'm so sorry, Teffeta. Scary things are going on in this country too, politics-wise.

I couldn't sleep very well. It was so noisy outside. First was the traffic, some car kept backfiring. Then someone was sawing? Then someone was knocking on something over and over again. Then the teenagers came outside. A group of girls, they were so loud. One started shouting for her mom. Just, in the front of the house shouting "MOM!" over and over. Then there were dogs barking, more loud traffic, the neighbors talking. Ugh. To live on 200 acres with a house right in the center and no one around for miles. That's my dream.

Also I have a headache, a weird metallic taste in my mouth and my back still hurts.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 01, 2024, 02:27:05 PM »
People are STUPID.

We're building a new library.  There are fences around the library with signs that say "KEEP OUT" and "AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY."  There are port-o-potties outside.  There are big cranes and piles of lumber and metal bars.  There is scaffolding with people in orange on it.

So of course we've had multiple patrons just walk on in because "We saw people inside, so we figured that meant you were open"and then asking where they need to return their books--Blatantly ignoring the saws and other construction parafanelia ALL OVER THE FLOOR.

The people inside are CONSTRUCTION WORKERS! 

Seriously, why are you bothering to come to the library?  You CLEARLY can't READ

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Offline cowboyopossum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I cannot contain my silliness | he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 02, 2024, 08:29:20 AM »
Pokey, Yikes!! People can be so dumb.

Taffeta, I feel the same. It's awful here.

It's nearly cockroach season  :X Thank god my cats love to play with them and eat them. Neo is still recovering from his hip joint removal, but he still limps sometimes. He loves it when i take him out on walks in his stroller  :biggrin:
I do not very much care for the spring here, since I live in a marsh the bugs get awful. Apparently we have rats too, since the county decided to take all the stray cats to shelters. (I hope...)
We let Neo in the garage to make sure none get in, he is still spunky as ever!

Thank you Squarepeg and Wizard for my profile and sig!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1418 on: February 02, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
My whole left side is in pain today, from my head to my hip.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 02, 2024, 11:23:14 AM »
oh no Pokeyonekenobie! that's just depressing.

yeah the political situation is terrible in so many places. things sound pretty rough in the UK lately too. :hug:

good kitties doing pest control :)

I'm tired today and have some paperwork to do. i'm thinking about pushing it off to the weekend. i know i should do it now though.

Also, i think my eyes are getting worse. i got glasses about a year ago and they help a lot. at first i didn't have to wear them all them time to read. mostly for work and looking at my phone. now i need them more. even to watch TV. the problem is i have oily skin and sometimes they slide down my face. which is annoying :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 03:11:10 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1420 on: February 02, 2024, 04:40:50 PM »
Beth, if you have an eye doctor inside Walmart near you, they will do one adjustment for free. My glasses slide down my nose too, but it's because they are too loose. An adjustment might help.

So I got my new garbage disposal which is great, but the outlet in my entryway doesn't work. It was working the day before yesterday, I was using it for the vacuum. I checked the circuit breaker and nothing is tripped. I called the office to tell them. Next thing I know, Martha, the office manager, came over to tell me the garbage on my porch was unacceptable. She also said she was going to write me a letter notifying me of a possible fine and do an inspection herself of my unit. I told her 'come on in' since I had just cleaned everything. She said no, she would give me a chance to get the garbage out. Not an hour later two boys rang my doorbell and offered to take my garbage for free. They showed up once before and did the same thing.

That's a complaint/good thing in one.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 03, 2024, 04:59:27 PM »
yeah when i got them the glasses store asked if i wanted them tightened. i said no because they felt fine.

today my dad wanted my husband and i to come over and help him with some yard work. so we went over there and they managed to make both of us super bummed. they want us to get our wills done. which i agree we should. especially now that we're homeowners. but all the talk about death made us sad. also my uncle, my mom's brother, has Alzheimer's and it's getting worse. my mom started crying talking about it. then when we were leaving she started crying again.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 03, 2024, 07:37:40 PM »
I posted a long post in my WYP thread.

So many things seem so wrong right now. 

A more minor thing.  When I was in the drs office, there was a lady that was trying to make light of the fact that the waiting room was full.  She seemed really nice and at one point said  "I'll sit between these two, I don't think they'll bite."  The lady seemed like she was expecting an answer, so I said that I didn't bite.  I don't like making conversation with people I don't know well so it felt a little awkward.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1423 on: February 04, 2024, 09:06:07 AM »
I'm still having stiffness and pain on my left side. I can't turn my head to the left at all. It's good I'm seeing my doctor Thursday.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 05, 2024, 09:20:24 AM »
these CAPTCHA/Prove you're not a robot steps are out of control. by the time i finish logging in i just want to throw my computer away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal