collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))  (Read 3034 times)

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))
« on: December 17, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
So I find myself surrounded by fakies. And I'm not sure what to do with them. Last week was my birthday and my husband decided to get me some ponies. He found a lot on Ebay saying there was over 150 ponies. Though the seller did say there were "some" fakies mixed in. I counted maybe a dozen in the pictures and I rounded up to 2 dozen to be safe since not all the ponies seemed visible in the pictures but they mostly seemed to be G1 and G3. The way I figured it, even if there were 2 dozen or so fakies in the lot, over 100 ponies for $150 and free shipping wasn't a bad deal.

I got the box yesterday and wouldn't you know it, there were 72 fakies in the lot. My husband and I really aren't sure how 72 fakies equates to "some" in the sellers mind. It's closer to half. If you include the McDs and the 4 vintage plush ponies there are technically 92 hasbro ponies in the box so it's not quite half. But I'm severely disappointed. My husband tried to contact the seller last night and was met with lots of hostility. According to that person we should have asked them beforehand how many fakies there were before we bought the lot. Since going by the 7 photos they had posted with the auction I guess wasn't reliable enough. My husband compares this attitude to somebody's brand new car blowing up a block from the dealership. And when questioned why they didn't inform the buyer the car was going to blow up the dealer just says "You didn't ask."

Anyways now that story time is over. I have to decide if I am going to return these ponies or not. Based on the level of hostility we got I don't think the seller will accept a partcial return/refund. But I'm kinda loathed to give up the G1 and G3's that were in the box.  Are these 72 fakies worth keeping?

Are there people who have interest in buying/collecting fakies?
And how do people feel about customs made from fakies?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If anyone has any idea hat some of these are it could be helpful in my decision making. I know two are remco and one is possibly a dg baby. I believe 4 are hasbro mold fakies.

Close Ups:
Spoiler

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:25:46 PM by retrogradenova »
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: What's everyone's opinions on fakies?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:10:49 PM »
Uh, sorry you're having such a bad time with that. That really sucks.  Hopefully, you can get it sorted out. I personally can't stand fakes at all but I have seen people who actively collect them or some that use them for customizing. Sometimes it's any, sometimes it's specific kinds. I don't know that you'll make much if anything on them though unfortunately.

It's crappy of the seller to react like that but I guess I'm not surprised unfortunately. I equate that with someone who feels self conscious because they know that they should have divulged the approximate, if not exact, amount in the listing rather than "a few". Especially because that is certainly more than a few!  Hopefully, the seller will settle down and/or accept a partial refund/return. If not, you could always open a case or bite the bullet and send them back if they continue to be hostile.

It really sucks to have ones birthday soured by such a rude person and disappointing amount of fakes in such a big lot.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:18:04 PM by nessa16 »

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »
Fake pony wise I am only interested in the remco ones.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »
I have a large-ish fakie collection but mine are mostly Hasbro MLP and Hasbro MLP-like molds. DG babies, circus babies, lady babies, SHS, Princess Rinse 'n Spit, Crumpet, and baby MGR for my display with G3 and G4 fakies in storage. I don't do Remcos, Lanards, or Cabbage Patch but there are a number of people that do like them.

If you sort them by type and take pics I'm sure you can likely be rid of some of them.  ^^;
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:52:02 PM »
what i've done with a lot that came with a lot of fakies is after I thoroughly cleaned them I donated them to a kindergarten/preschool/daycare for the kids to play with.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
maybe post a pic? There might be some great fakies in there, there are definitely some collectors here that might be interested!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:02:28 PM »
I love some. Won't touch others.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »
Taking some pictures now. I can confirm there are two remco and possibly a dg baby among them. There are also a few that look like the remco but have no markings. Many of these ponies only say made in china or have no markings at all.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
Certain types of fakies have grown on me- I don't really collect them but some of them are awfully cute. I can never bring myself to get rid of ones that end up in my hands. :p

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 06:15:43 PM »
For me it depends. I like fakies that tread on Hasbro's property.

Taking real ponies and making molds from them, using Hasbro's art on their boxes, using fan art on boxes. Things like that.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »
I recently accepted that I like fakies, lol. But I'm much more selective about it than I am with actual Hasbro MLP. It looks like you have some cuties in that bunch, so even though it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment for you, I think you can at least make part of your money back by selling the fakies.  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Goodness how awkward.  Do you have a link to the original auction?  Maybe those 7 pictures were really fuzzy...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »
I do have the link to the original auction. I've looked over those pictures multiple times. The pictures aren't blurry. While I can pick out about 15 fakies in all the pictures. Quite a few ponies are fairly obscured by another pony's hair or their faces are turned away from the camera so all you see is their hair and maybe parts of their ears. I'd link the auction so people could see it for themselves. Perhaps I was just asking to be deceived and am not good at picking out fakies in photos. But I am not sure what the rules are on linking completed auctions.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 08:34:30 PM »
Message sent.  ^.^
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 12:48:53 AM »
Fakies are all I have in where I live honestly. Well, them and the latest Hasbro releases, but fakies are much more common and more advertised. I'd love to have a G3 molded one, just so I can have at least one G3-like pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal