collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))  (Read 3033 times)

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »
That picture is super deceiving.  I do believe you'll be able to sell some of the fakies you received but your going to get stuck with quite a few.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2015, 08:02:58 PM »
I like the DG babies for customizing, but that's about it.  I don't really care much for fakies.  Some people really love them, but they're not my cup of tea.  I'd be disappointed if I got that many in a lot for sure!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 04:43:42 AM »
I collect some, usually the ones in a Hasbro mold like Princess Rinse and Spit or the G4 ones from Taobao.  I always end up with some from ponies I have bought in lots. If I get no interest from collectors, they are stored for christmas and donated to childrens charitys locally.

As for your case, I agree, the auction was mis-represented. The seller should have either done 2 auctions - one of Hasbro and the other of non Hasbro ponies or stated on this one auction 150 pony toys x amount Hasbro and 72 other brand pony toys.  I'd open a case requesting a partial refund or leave a neg feedback.

If you do end up keeping the fakies, try and sell on here first - I have seen some members interested in some already. Then what you do not sell, bag them up and put on a local FB selling page / Craigslist / other priced at a doller per pony and let a child enjoy them!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
I, too, am interested in seeing the pictures of what you have, once you've finished taking them.
(I'm personally looking for "teenage"-sized (like a smidge smaller than G1, like say the height of that strawberry pony with the "glass" eyes) unicorns and pegs.)

Unfortunately, none of those see to be the kinds that are fast sellers, which is probably why the seller sneaked them into a lot like that. You have several "Lady Babies" (the ones that look like a baby SHS) I think there's at least one person here building an army of those. And I bet that Sunshine pony will find a home. (Yellow fellow with the orange yarn hair)

You asked if it would be worth cleaning any maybe rehairing. Cleaning would be polite but not necessary, and I definitely wouldn't re-hair them. It's a lot of effort for a pony that still won't be worth much, really it's something it'd be better to let the buyer decide.

Sorry you got a wormy seller.  :pout:
I'll put something here some time

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
As a kid, I had a few fakies but didn't really cared for them. I always prefered to play with Hasbro ponies, especially when I was playing by myself. Back then, it wasn't the MLP brand that I liked but the design itself. These days whenever I see fakies at the store, I've so far never seen a fakie that's tempted me to buy it. But I prefer to see myself as open minded, although chances would be I'd soon have an army...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal