collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))  (Read 3054 times)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What's everyone's opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 06:40:01 AM »
Is that a little blue critter with bunny ears standing up in the back row? It looks like a Wuzzles figure, Hoppopotamus.

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 06:53:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that, but you could keep the real ones and sell the fakies if you don't want them.  :)

By the way, does anyone know what the blue pony in the 4th picture is? Like what kind of fakie, if it is one? It's by the little pink, green, and blue baby pony fakies.

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 08:34:19 AM »
Is that a little blue critter with bunny ears standing up in the back row? It looks like a Wuzzles figure, Hoppopotamus.
It is in fact a bunny/hippo concoction that I have no clue what it is. I meant to ask as it was in the box as well.

Sorry to hear that, but you could keep the real ones and sell the fakies if you don't want them.  :)

By the way, does anyone know what the blue pony in the 4th picture is? Like what kind of fakie, if it is one? It's by the little pink, green, and blue baby pony fakies.
That's one of the questions I'm trying to answer. :) Is there enough interest in fakies for me to put time into cleaning these up, in some cases rehairing them, to sell them?

Also if you are talking about the one that kinda looks like a G3 it has no markings on it as far as I could find. It's made of a very light material. That's all I know on it.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »
It is in fact a bunny/hippo concoction that I have no clue what it is. I meant to ask as it was in the box as well.

That's one of the questions I'm trying to answer. :) Is there enough interest in fakies for me to put time into cleaning these up, in some cases rehairing them, to sell them?

Also if you are talking about the one that kinda looks like a G3 it has no markings on it as far as I could find. It's made of a very light material. That's all I know on it.

Some people collect fakies. I'm sure if you cleaned them up and sold them on Ebay they would sell. Would be best to separate them though, like 2 or 4 in one sale. My friend has a fakie and would be willing to buy some sometime after Christmas, if you still don't want them.  :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 10:02:15 AM »
I found the auction . . . The seller refers to fakies as "bootlegs", right?  EXTREMELY deceptive pictures and description IMO.   You're allowed to post ended auctions, but I'll leave it up to you if you decide to post a link or not.

I would be ticked, especially since it's someone who clearly knew the difference . . . They weren't some parent who didn't know a fakie from a real MLP.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 10:42:34 AM »
I found the auction . . . The seller refers to fakies as "bootlegs", right?  EXTREMELY deceptive pictures and description IMO.   You're allowed to post ended auctions, but I'll leave it up to you if you decide to post a link or not.

I would be ticked, especially since it's someone who clearly knew the difference . . . They weren't some parent who didn't know a fakie from a real MLP.

Yes the seller referred to them as bootlegs. Honestly I'm more annoyed by the seller's aggressive responce when we tried to contact them than by the photos themselves. I would have been happy to send back the fakies in exchange for a partial refund, that way they could keep some of the money and I could keep the ponies I wanted and we would both win a little.

I'm gonna post the link for people. This isn't supposed to be a warning don't buy from this person type thread, but i would like to say that if someone wanted to buy from them in the future, make sure you contact them before you buy so you know what you're getting. The pictures are not a good representation when it comes to this seller. Though I will say, to be fair, the ponies were shipped/received in a timely manner, and while very hostile, the seller did respond quickly when we messaged them.

Link for anyone who wants to check out the original pitures:
That said, I really need help identifying any of the fakies in the photos so I can figure out if they can be sold or if I should try to use them as custom bait.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 01:33:18 PM »
I would be putting this to ebay as misrepresentation, with photos of the items, and information about what the seller told you re the auction. They ought to be partially refunding you if they misrepresented the lot, as it sounds they did.

You shouldn't have to deal with an army of fakies that someone dumped on you by misleading the contents of the auction.

The text implies there are 150ish Hasbro ponies and then some bootlegs, and 72 is not some, it's a lot. So I think you have a case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 03:57:29 PM »
Wow that is some seriously creative stacking to hide the fakies in the photos!  I see how it was done though... flip them around so you just see hair and a bit of pony...  urgh.  I hate bidding on these lots because they usually are full of fakies but it does look like you got some nice G1s in there!  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 09:00:30 PM »
I agree that you should open a case if the person will not peacefully agree to a partial refund. It is disgusting how they tried to hide the fakies and tried to make it sound like there were so many less than there were! I am so sorry you had such a disappointing experience! **hugs.**

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 09:07:13 PM »
Real remco ponies will always have remco on a foot, unless they are a fuzzy one. I would be more than happy to take the remco ponies off your hands.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »
I don't know where toys fall in ebay's rules because they don't specifically mention them, but you are NOT allowed to sell bootlegs on ebay of any other thing. I imagine that toys are no exception(Since I know of many people who report bootleg toy listings and they do get taken down.) I would remind the seller of this and demand a partial refund. Or at least take it up with ebay. I'm almost positive they'd side with you. The seller knowingly sold you bootleg items. And even though you wanted some of them, that doesn't change the site's rules. They put themselves into a corner and that's their own fault for being so deceptive. If you really want some of your money back(if ebay doesn't refund you in full), you at least totally have the upper hand here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:41:00 AM by Noxxbunny »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
Great point about some of the ponies being bootlegs!  eBay does not allow bootleg items to be sold.  Technically only the ponies in stolen Hasbro molds are bootlegs (a Remco or Lanard pony wouldn't count because they made their own molds), but you definitely have some of those in there with the Dollar General fakies.

The rest of the fakies, while not bootlegs, are definitely "off-brand".  You didn't bid on an auction that said "150 generic offbrand ponies", you bid on an auction that said "150 Hasbro My Little Ponies".   The auction text and pictures clearly implied that this was a lot of MLPs with a FEW generic ponies thrown in.  So that right there is "item not as described".  I think you have a really strong case.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline retrogradenova

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »
I'm no expert on Ebay. I usually go "Husband bid on this for me." (sometimes there's a "please" in there too, hehe.) And then I get cool stuff.  :)
So I don't really know what is involved in opening a case and such but my husband seems loathed to deal with that and is content to leave negative feedback. He says if we did I would likely have to return the G1s as well and I don't want to give up Moon Jumper and others.

And if I'm honest I'd rather see these fakies go to people who would appreciate them than back to the seller. Since several of you have expressed interest in them I was thinking of cleaning them up this weekend and taking some individual pictures so I can make a proper thread in the sales forum.

That said I still need help identifying some of them and price checking them. This will be such a big project for me. It's taking time away from my custom work :ack:

meskhetyw

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 03:31:29 PM »
you can try selling them on facebook. there's a whole group dedicated to fakies, called my little phony

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: What\'s everyone\'s opinions on fakies? ((Photos added))
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:53 PM »
I do have the link to the original auction. I've looked over those pictures multiple times. The pictures aren't blurry. While I can pick out about 15 fakies in all the pictures. Quite a few ponies are fairly obscured by another pony's hair or their faces are turned away from the camera so all you see is their hair and maybe parts of their ears. I'd link the auction so people could see it for themselves. Perhaps I was just asking to be deceived and am not good at picking out fakies in photos. But I am not sure what the rules are on linking completed auctions.

You didn't get what you expected.  I'd send them back because I wouldn't be able to handle that many fakies.  I just wouldn't know what to do with them.. I can't stand most of them personally.  Your husband did a nice thing, but you might have to chalk it up as a bad experience and move on  :huh:

Post Merge: December 19, 2015, 05:35:10 PM

you can try selling them on facebook. there's a whole group dedicated to fakies, called my little phony

Cute!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal