collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Ferret lovers out there??  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Ferret lovers out there??
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2015, 10:25:50 AM »
Aww poor Furret still, at least he's getting healthier now :)

LOL thanks :D they really liven up my day!  Have you heard of My Paws? Its like facebook for pets. Honey and the boys are set up there, but there is a distinct lack of ferrets on there!!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2015, 04:47:56 AM »
Nope, never heard of it but I'll check it out!

So here's my newest baby, Latte! She's a sweetheart, but she loves biting everything. She's 3 months old (and already so big)!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We got her last night and she's adjusting very well to Furret, the cage and us.

We weren't sure about putting her in the cage with Furret right away, but when we had them out to play last night, Furret chased her into the cage, so she started eating his food and drinking his water, then she went up the ramp and into the hammock. Furret followed her and got into the hammock too, then I saw this:

Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2015, 05:37:35 AM »
Awwwwwe baby ferret Moonbeam, soooooooo adorbs! Congrats!!! :heart: Latte is soooooo CUTE!
:frolic:

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
Awww :heart: love them!!!  You think you know them, then they up and surprise you like that LOL!!!

Princess Lala

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »
Hey guys I learned something about ferrets today!!!! I just took Miku to see my vet friend because her sneezing is so outta control and she was making some weird chattering noises and weird breathing! I was sooo worried she was sick ( even though she has all her distemper shots, rabies shot, and even a low dose influenza shot) or asthema but luckily it turns out Miku just has allergies!!! Like people allergies have to dust and pollen!!! Vet has been seeing this lately with other pets and she gave my slinky  some benedryl. So weird right!? I would have never guessed! My vet knows we dont use cleaning products that arent eco/allergy friendly and her litter is dust free pellets but Miku has clear drainage from her nose. She went to lick my nose when I went to check on her and she sneezed RIGHT in my face several times! xD groooossss! LOL  She went to play with her toy and sneezed so high pitched and jumped omg it was soo cute lol! I got her some warm duck soup to help her nosey! :3

Has anyone elses ferret has this problem!? Its like craaaazy sneezing fits every few minutes!

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
My boys usually only get the sneezles after going behind the TV unit - where I cannot reach to dust or first thing when they wake up. I don't worry about their wakey sneezies because they usually sleep with their noses buried in their tails :heart:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2015, 01:26:41 PM »
Furret sneezes every once in a while, usually after he just wakes up, so I've never thought of it as a problem. Latte sneezes a LOT. Like... she went into a sneezing fit the other day and broke out into a war dance because of it. I'm not sure if it's allergies or what, but she always seems okay after a while. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2015, 01:59:46 PM »
Congrats on your new fur baby Moonbeam. She's waaaay cuuute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Princess Lala

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »
Miku's allergies have gotten better! It lasted several days where it was annoying her, ive been giving her a few drops of Childrens Benedryl when she has severe sneeze fits. My bff is thinking about getting a ferret now after playing with Miku! The pet store up the street has KITS! Like, tiny ferrets who recently started eatting solids! So cuuute!

Also I took Miku out today and she was being as adorable as ever, she stayed right in my jacket in the car and then she layed on my lap like a cat! Loook at her! :3

aaaand as soon as I took her home and took off her harness she bounced off EVERYTHING and took my halloween candy out and scattered them all about LOL! She is seriously the most amazing thing ever, she is starting to cuddle with me and now she ALWAYS kisses my around nose and mouth! She really is my best friend! :heart: She is even getting better about me cleaning her ears and she is super good about letting me brush her teeth! Her and I play hide and seek in my kotatsu lol its like a giant tent to her!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2015, 04:43:21 AM »
Congrats on your new fur baby Moonbeam. She's waaaay cuuute!

Thank you!

Question for my fellow ferret parents: Do you bath your ferret(s)?

I recently posted a picture to Instagram of Furret and Latte in the tub and the so-called experts clammored to my post to let me know that "you don't have to bathe ferrets" and that I'm essentially "abusing them". I bathe Furret maybe once every two months, and this was Latte's first bath because there was some food stuck in her fur. I've read online that it's okay to do this, but it never fails that someone comments and tells me I'm wrong. :yikes: Same with the raw food vs. dry food debate (for the record, Latte is on a mixed diet of raw chicken and dry food, Furret will only eat dry food. I was told by someone on Instagram that Furret would only live a few years because I'm feeding him "death in a bag" even though the vet said it's okay).

I'm just tired of getting negative comments on my posts. I usually delete them because I don't need the reminder, but why do people feel the need to be so pushy instead of nicely giving their opinion/advice on ferret care?
Instagram / Want List

Princess Lala

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
Oh my gosh, Moonbeamstar! What the heck is wrong with people, attacking you on IG?! I think its important to give ferrets a monthly bath! I bathe Miku every three weeks approx. as its marked on my calendar when I need to do it. I wash her in warm water with no tears calming J&J shampoo, sometines after we go to the park I use an unscented baby wipe on her muzzle and paws to wipe off dirt.  Sometimes when she is out and she will climb into the tub and join me for a shower LOL! Miku is also on a mix of raw/dry food mix! Dont listen to those terrible people, you are a good ferret mommy! :hug: *kicks all those peoples butts to outer space*

Honestly I always look forward to ferret bath day! I have little bath baby toys she plays with while I clean her!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:26:21 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »
Its great seeing everyones ferrets. I miss having them. My last one passed over 10 years ago.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2015, 01:26:01 AM »
I bathe my ferrets when they get really icky, usually when I get a poop situation.  Like when they stand in poop and then use the poopy foot to scratch themselves.... :X   This can be once every few weeks or twice in one day  >_<. I do not listen to many of these haters. I have left groups where I feel they were too pushy on raw feeding.  Just because I do not feed the best cuts of steak and venison does not mean I am poisoning my pets.  The eldest does not eat meat, I have tried my best to convert him, but his mind is set. He had a weekly egg and the best kibble I can find this side of the Atlantic, plus he has plenty of oil and n-bones as well. My 2 younger boys have meat, they love heart, beef, chicken, partridge and rabbit - not keen on liver.  But they also have kibble and egg.  They are all very healthy and big!!  Clyde is currently weighing in at 3.5 lbs with Meister and Fidget at 3.1lbs and 2.13lbs respectively.

Princess Lala

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2015, 03:17:04 AM »
For those that feed their babies meat, which kinds do yours like?  :P  Miku goes crazy over chicken, turkey, and rabbit anything! Rabbit is her favorite, next to duck. For her meat treats Milos Kitchen and Waggin Tails has these treats that are just human grade dehydrated chicken breast. They help keep her teeth clean! Her favorite food is probably any kind of duck or rabbit broth/soup, there are some great cat hq foods with simple ingredients at Petco ferrets can enjoy! Also freeze dried chicken is her fav!

I admit I was naughty and gave her just a tiny lick of my lactose-free ice cream! It was just plain milk flavor. She must have a sweet tooth because she liked it and ran off with the spoon! Sorry meemoo, that is a super blue moon treat! Maybe again on her birthday, ferrets and sugar shouldnt mix LOL!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:55:58 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2015, 03:57:22 AM »
My 2 youngest loved partridge, rabbit and beef. They are OK on chicken and heart - they get the chicken wings off the sunday roast chicken before its cooked!!  They all love the Hi-Life dehydrated chicken cat treats, n-bones and ferret oil I get from the Fluffy retreat rescue centre  :satisfied:

For naughties, Miester has been known to have a cheeky lick of beer froth and all the boys go nuts for cherry soda/coke.  They are not given that as a rule, but when they are out, any cherry soda bottles get throughly whiffled over and licked clean on the bottle end, and I get very intense kisses after I have been drinking it LOL!!!

And no, ferrets and sugar shouldn't mix, not only for the health issues, but 3 sugar hyped ferrets crashing through my house is just a recipe for disaster LOL!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal