collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
You look great, MikeysGrrrl, keep up the amazing work!

So this was week 2 of walking around the local high school track with my friends.  The first three days we did this, we got rained out and only walked half a mile.  Yesterday was beautiful and I walked 1.25 miles (I did an extra lap because I was so full of energy).  Today I found some pretty cool workout videos on Youtube, so I've added those to my workout regimen as well.  I'm feeling really good about all of this!  It really helps to have my friends along for this journey to weight-loss and better health.  I don't feel nearly as down about this as I did a month ago.

That's great news! I've had a rough couple of weeks but I've managed to go running twice last week and the weight was really coming off until... I've had 2 days of eating lots due to social occasions.  Just need to pick up again tomorrow. Will report  :)

Great work MoonbeamStar and Artemesia Floc!

It's been so incredibly hot here, I swear that Windsor only has 2 seasons (Frigid Winter and Humid Summer) :( I really dislike the heat, I feel so faint when I try to workout, even walking the dog makes me feel lightheaded when it's this hot out. So I've had to change my workouts and do shorter durations scattered throughout the day instead of in 1-2 blocks of time. It works, so I guess I can't complain.

Phew sounds like you are doing very well! It's still spring here so not too hot or too cold.  I took a friend for a walk around the park last night (she can't manage anything more strenuous) and did Yoga this morning. It was a fairly relaxed practice for beginners if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1OMyW05No0

I will run tonight though as nothing else like it for weight loss!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Wow, 62 lbs lost!  That's amazing!

I've lost a bit more, bringing my total weight loss to 17 lbs.  I've got 45 more to go, but I'm hoping to lose another 15 or so by the time we take our summer vacation.  Just keep movin' along!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
That's great Artemesia Floc, yoga is so relaxing :)

It's supposed to be spring here too, but we're in the middle of some crazy heat wave, temperatures should return to the seasonal norm mid week, I can't wait :P

Ashes, congrats on losing 17 lbs so far! You're doing great!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
I have lost 18kg (40lbs) in the past year and a half.  My BMI used to be just on the borderline between overweight and obese when I was 84kg (184lb).  I put it down to inactivity following a debilitating illness (Guillain-Barre Syndrome) which took several years to recover from fully.  I don't even know what happened but one day something snapped in me, I got sick of being overweight and started eating less and exercising more.  I'm a healthy 66kg (145lb) now. I make sure I do 10,000 steps every day, have taken up running, and stretch daily to improve flexibility.  I also eat a much healthier diet.  I wouldn't mind losing another 6kg or so but I'm pretty happy with myself as I am now.

I avoided photos when I was overweight so I don't have many, but I think the most dramatic difference is in my face. 

Spoiler
Before:

After:

Big high five to anyone who has lost the extra kilos or if you're just embarking on your weight loss journey.  It's not easy but it can be done!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Congrats foalpatrol! You look so happy and I'm sure you're feeling so much better both physically and mentally :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
These stories are so so inspiring! I havent even finished reading them all. I really hope that I can add my own someday.

Iv only just started that actual active fitness version of my healthy makeover. A year or two ago I stopped drinking soda, and cut out LOTS of junk food. but thats all I did, and Ill admit I was a little depressed.

I guess I got really motivated a few weeks ago, when my son felt really bad about something his best friend overheard from his mom. I encouraged him to tell me, (I encourage completely open talk constantly) and he said "He heard his mom saying you should lose weight." I hated the idea that someone I hardly knew was saying things like that about me, in front of their kid, who's been friends with my son for years. Even though its something I'm totally aware of, it still really sucked to hear it like that. My son is a sweetheart, and he would never say things like that about other people, and it made him feel almost as bad as me, hearing it from a friend.

I started walking two miles a day. There is a store about a mile away from my house, which worked as a landmark, id also stop and buy a banana or water. Then I mapped out a 5k route once I got used to the daily 2 miles.

I did a 5k remembrance walk last fall. I LOVED the energy it inspired in me, however I came in dead last lol, that sucked. I mean  I didn't expect to be anywhere in the front, but they were starting to pack up when I finally crossed the finish line. I promised that I would keep doing better. So having my own 5k route in my neighborhood is great.

I finished my second 5k yesterday, on mother's day. It was SOO much harder, because there were LOTS of hills. But I finished it, and I wasn't dead last. I only walked it, but I pushed myself to work a little harder than I usually would, while still maintaining a realistic pace for myself.

Iv already registered for another 5k at the end of this month. Its called "Conquer the Village" and it takes place on the grounds of our oooold state hospital, one of my FAVORITE historical buildings in my town. It was actually in ruins for a long long time, and my mom and I did a lot of work, (with many hundreds of other people) to have it restored. So I'm just super excited about this one.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Congrats foalpatrol! You look so happy and I'm sure you're feeling so much better both physically and mentally :)

Thank you :) I do feel better and I am a much happier person now.  I am so impressed with others' weight loss pics, you are all so inspirational! 

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Those are great comparison pics, foalpatrol. I know what you mean about avoiding having your picture taken when you don't feel good about yourself.

I have just re-joined weight watchers.  Having a baby totally kicked my butt.  I didn't really put on that much weight when I was pregnant, but it piled on afterwards when I was at home. I got depressed, tired and just totally run-down.  After starting a magnesium supplement I am now sleeping a bit better at night and now that Josh is almost 18 months I finally feel up to taking control of my life again.  I want to lose about 30kgs so I certainly have a way to go.

Here's hoping some of the stories in this thread will help inspire me to follow :D

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Woah Foalpatrol, you look AMAZING! Such awesome progress, congratulations! And I love that shirt!!

Today I reached a milestone: I officially have a healthy BMI! :D Okay granted, it's 24.9, but still, that counts as officially no longer overweight! I am just SO happy and proud of myself at the moment! I made it this far! :D :frolic:

Of course I'm not at my target weight yet (this would leave very little wiggle room, lol), but it's so amazing to realize I am no longer overweight! I am still so excited to keep this up and to reach that target weight and who knows where I'll end!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Those are great comparison pics, foalpatrol. I know what you mean about avoiding having your picture taken when you don't feel good about yourself.

I have just re-joined weight watchers.  Having a baby totally kicked my butt.  I didn't really put on that much weight when I was pregnant, but it piled on afterwards when I was at home. I got depressed, tired and just totally run-down.  After starting a magnesium supplement I am now sleeping a bit better at night and now that Josh is almost 18 months I finally feel up to taking control of my life again.  I want to lose about 30kgs so I certainly have a way to go.

Here's hoping some of the stories in this thread will help inspire me to follow :D

Thank you, it was difficult to post because I'm embarrassed at how I looked, but everyone else posting their pics gave me the confidence.  Wishing you all the best with your own weight loss journey!  Keep us posted.  :)

Woah Foalpatrol, you look AMAZING! Such awesome progress, congratulations! And I love that shirt!!

Today I reached a milestone: I officially have a healthy BMI! :D Okay granted, it's 24.9, but still, that counts as officially no longer overweight! I am just SO happy and proud of myself at the moment! I made it this far! :D :frolic:

Of course I'm not at my target weight yet (this would leave very little wiggle room, lol), but it's so amazing to realize I am no longer overweight! I am still so excited to keep this up and to reach that target weight and who knows where I'll end!

Thank you, the shirt seemed appropriate for this forum.  Congrats on reaching a healthy BMI!  I was so happy when it happened for me so I know how you feel.  All the best for losing the last little bit, you're on the home stretch now. 

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Amazing pictures of those who have worked so hard and lost a lot!

I bought a bike for my birthday two weeks ago and have been biking on high gear. Omg I used to think bikes weren't a workout and thought my mom who would accompany me sometimes was a baby for complaining the whole way :lol:. I guess that's just because I was still fit and active and a runner. Just got in from doing high gear around the whole neighborhood and I'm still panting and sweating. It's not really enough, I want to do it more or do other things to workout as well. I wish I had my weights to lift, left them in Ohio. :(

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I've been struggling with weight loss since a bout of rapid weight gain I went through about 4 years ago. I take full responsibility for not being able to make it so far, but that's not to say I couldn't possibly lay some blame on my abusive ex, hah. Now that I'm away from him and with someone better, things are starting to fall into place a little better.

My weight's been yo-yoing between 150 and 130 for these long years, with a high of 159. Being a shortie (5'1) with small bone structure and little muscle, hopefully you can understand how it looked a lot worse than it sounds. Obese BMI for my height starts at around the 150-155 lb zone....  :huh: Right now I'm sitting at about 147. My diet has vastly improved the last couple weeks, but we've had some birthdays and rough work days that led to more alcohol consumption than is good for any diet... haha. So not much progress lately, but yeah. I've also been exercising more and in a way that I am more able to stick to and get results from, AND I've upped my water intake significantly. So despite the scale not budging much, my body is already looking a little less bloated and lumpy than it was a month ago  :P

So far, I've already had some small victories to brag about: I don't get winded and flushed just going upstairs in our house. I'm not sleeping 12 hours a night and still not being able to avoid crashing hard and napping for an hour in the afternoon, in fact the whole "tired all day every day no matter what I do" thing has been getting better and better every day. I'm finding it easier to say no to junk food, and to limit myself when I do indulge. It's always good to remember that weight loss isn't just about the numbers, you also need to recognize and calebrate all the non-scale victories, too! It's so hard to stay positive during the plateaus and tough times if you don't pay attention to the ways your health and quality of life are improving, too.  :happy:
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Omg!! I just wanted to pop in here and say how amazing all of your transformations are!! Seriously you guys are rocking it! ;D  I am cheering all of you on in this journey that I know is so, so, so difficult and one I have been on myself for about 10 years now. Seriously keep up all of the great work!

I am currently in the midst of trying to lose weight. Since I am getting married next year, the pressure is seriously on now! The biggest thing I have always struggled with is finding motivation to work out and snacking. I love snacks soooo much. Haha My highest weight was almost 200lbs when I was in high school and that's when I ultimately started to make a difference. I wish I have more pictures from that time but I don't :/

Currently, I keep teetering around the healthy weight for my height and frame size by a couple pounds and it is really frustrating. I just want to be under my healthy weight and stay there! My ultimate goal is to be in the 140s, however I have sworn to stop weighing myself. Every time I did, I would get really depressed and discouraged so now I am going strictly by how I look in the mirror. I really want to tone up, especially my legs and arms, and lose about 10 lbs or so. I plan to start going with my fiance to the gym when I move in with him next month and start a strength training regimen. I am really hoping this will be the key to get me to my weightloss/appearance goal xD Right now I am trying to focus on eating much healthier and cleaner, and making my own food more often. I think I am noticing some changes, which is good! I have been starting back up the last couple of months and I just need to keep myself in check. As hard as it is, I aim to lose my weight over a longer period of time. I have found I keep it off so much better that way :)

And I rambled. :silly: But seriously, keep it up you fabulous ladies! I am cheering all of you on ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:48:06 AM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile

I would love to help coordinate a pounds for ponies, or some kind of weekly challenge where we report in our fitness goals.  I'd even love to provide prizes for staying on track!  I'm going on vacation for a week (starting tomorrow) but I'm going to ponder on this... I'd love to support my pony pals!

I came back in here to say that we should start a new pounds for ponies challenge thread!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I love reading these stories! Everyone is doing so well, and looking great! I've lost a good bit of weight over the past 2 years by being more active- way more active! But I still eat a terrible diet with way too much sugar & processed foods. I've been trying to eat more fruits & veggies & whole foods, but I have a hard time finding the time to prep healthy meals. I work two jobs and by the time I get home I'm so tired. My second job is pretty physical (working with horses) so by the time I get home at night I'm aching, filthy & sweaty, and I just want to shower and flop on the couch with a pizza and a big cookie. If anyone has any tips on quick, healthy, vegetarian meals I'd be so grateful.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal