collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story  (Read 7323 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Cumberbatch, you gave me an idea on how I can workout after work. Because I work 10-12 hours a day my feet hurt so bad that I can barely stand at the end of the day. The exercise bike idea would work for me on days that I work cuz I wouldn't have to stand on my feet to workout. I think my dad has one and maybe he would let me have it or borrow it.

I use the kind that works your arms, too, to get a more full-body workout, but it doesn't have to be that kind.  It does help to get the weight off your feet when you're sore.  :)

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Cumberbatch, you gave me an idea on how I can workout after work. Because I work 10-12 hours a day my feet hurt so bad that I can barely stand at the end of the day. The exercise bike idea would work for me on days that I work cuz I wouldn't have to stand on my feet to workout. I think my dad has one and maybe he would let me have it or borrow it.

I use the kind that works your arms, too, to get a more full-body workout, but it doesn't have to be that kind.  It does help to get the weight off your feet when you're sore.  :)

Actually the one my dad has works your arms, too- I am almost certain it does. He told me that he would bring it up to the house as long as I don't use it to hang clothing on it LOL
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)

Actually the one my dad has works your arms, too- I am almost certain it does. He told me that he would bring it up to the house as long as I don't use it to hang clothing on it LOL

Cool!  You'll get the best workout that way then!  I started at 20 minutes a day and worked my way to 30.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
So here's a little transformation Tuesday for you...

First picture is from 2 years ago, but I was the same weight when I started this journey early February (maybe even more). Second picture is from today because I couldn't recall the shirt being this loose!

Woah. Sort of surprised myself to be honest! And I'm not even close to my target weight yet...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:31:48 AM by Aienhime »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
That is fantastic, Aienhime!  Wow!

I still have a long way to go, but I did lose ten pounds so far.  That My Fitness Pal app is a big help.  I've also started walking up the stairs in my building . . . I'm up to nine flights a day so far.  We'll see if I am ever able to climb all 40 flights, ha ha ha.

I want to start strength training too, but I'm reluctant to pay for gym membership.  Hmmm.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:19:24 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Great job, Aienhime!

My best friend and I decided to start walking around the track at the local high school twice a week after work.  Her husband and my fiance also join us, as well as a friend.  It's fun to walk with more people!

I've found some workout DVDs that I got last year and never used, so I've been doing that again.  20 minutes of that 4 days a week.  I'm hoping that, if nothing else, this will at least help me keep off any extra weight between now and my wedding.  I really don't want my dress to be too small since I've already been fitted for it. >_<

But hey, if I lose weight during all of this, I'm okay with that too!

Since my eating habits weren't bad before, I won't be changing them too much.  Maybe I'll add more vegetables to my dinners, but I think it was laziness that really contributed to my weight gain.  Here's hoping I can stick to this new exercise regimen!
Instagram / Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I've been overweight at different stages of my life, when my mental health has been poor.  Depression affects all your body systems and I somehow switch off without actually dying is the only way I can describe it.  So my weight issues have a very serious root, although I have never been larger than a size 18. Size 18 is above average and definitely obese, but I've never got so big I've had other health problems, yet. There is a chance that could happen again so ideally I need to make sure I'm super fit and healthy when I'm well so if I get bad then I've got more of a fighting chance.

Unfortunately I'm not super well at the moment, my ex split up with me two months ago and I am struggling desperately to keep going.  I've been out for a run maybe 3 times.  He sent my stuff back today.  My stuff smells of his house.  I'm thinking of going back to bed and reading for a bit to try to take my mind off it.  Maybe then I will put my running gear on and head out. When I feel bad I get paranoid about going out and don't feel able to deal with people looking at me, in particular.  Sometimes lack of energy and co-ordination os the main problem so I tell myself I am just 'going out for a walk in my running gear' ha ha. 

To top it all off, I started smoking cigarettes again (not in the house! I'm more worried about my collectibles than my lungs it seems) as soon as we split up. On the actual day.  It's one of the few things that comforts me and doesn't make my put on weight. But it's bad for my cancer risk, singing voice, public image etc etc.  The only people who smoke in Cambridge are pretty much foreign students and tramps. It also makes me wheezy and I think is making my ability to run less successful.  I don't feel like giving up smoking right now but I have to. 

So it's all very complicated but one thing I know is if I lose weight I will have more clothes to wear and feel better about myself. I have been losing a little recently rather than putting it on, which is a relief, but it's mainly due to smoking rather than a conscious effort to eat less. I want to get from my current size 16 back down to a size 12.  I would like to read this thread, the forum is very supportive.  I did P4P last year and it was great.  But I think the incentive of ponies didn't really help, I'd do another swap with Lady Starflower any time though, it was amazing! So anyway, Thank you Mickey's Grrl  :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:39:00 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Congrats Aienhime! That's an amazing difference :)

Lady Moondancer, great work on losing 10 lbs so far! 9 flights of stairs is a huge accomplishment, and a great way to work out!

MoonbeamStar, it's great that you've got some walking buddies as well as the support of several friends, it sounds likes your on the right track for you :)

Artemesia Floc, I completely understand where you are coming from when it comes to depression slumps and how it affects your overall health, as well as taking a toll on physical activities. I know it can seem hard to push through the tough times, but if you can push yourself to get out of bed and just dance around your livingroom, you'll wind up feeling miles better.
Smoking sucks and it's such a terrible habit to break, but I believe that when you're ready, you'll quit and it will probably happen sooner rather than later.

I know for me, I get self conscious working out by myself when I'm out in public, so I can completely relate. I tend to do most of my workouts at home (gazelle, wii fit, fitness dvds etc), I also get in my outdoor exercise by taking our dog out for walks several times a day. I always feel so incredibly guilty if I allow myself to skip a workout, it's something I've only done 2-3 times because I get so worked up about it now.

I'm still trucking along with my weightloss, I'm at 62 lbs lost total :biggrin: My husband and I just recently celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary, and I got all dressed up and I was amazed at how transformed my body was and I've still got a long ways to go before I hit my original goal :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Artemesia Floc, I completely understand where you are coming from when it comes to depression slumps and how it affects your overall health, as well as taking a toll on physical activities. I know it can seem hard to push through the tough times, but if you can push yourself to get out of bed and just dance around your livingroom, you'll wind up feeling miles better.
Smoking sucks and it's such a terrible habit to break, but I believe that when you're ready, you'll quit and it will probably happen sooner rather than later.

I know for me, I get self conscious working out by myself when I'm out in public, so I can completely relate. I tend to do most of my workouts at home (gazelle, wii fit, fitness dvds etc), I also get in my outdoor exercise by taking our dog out for walks several times a day. I always feel so incredibly guilty if I allow myself to skip a workout, it's something I've only done 2-3 times because I get so worked up about it now.

I'm still trucking along with my weightloss, I'm at 62 lbs lost total :biggrin: My husband and I just recently celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary, and I got all dressed up and I was amazed at how transformed my body was and I've still got a long ways to go before I hit my original goal :)

I love your new photo by the way, I know not everyone feels good about compliments if they've lost weight but your smile in your new photo is so beautiful  :) Congratulations on your health improvements, it's inspiring!

I did put my head down for half an hour but then I did the run. Now cooking veggie soup and on track for work tomorrow  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

I love your new photo by the way, I know not everyone feels good about compliments if they've lost weight but your smile in your new photo is so beautiful  :) Congratulations on your health improvements, it's inspiring!

I did put my head down for half an hour but then I did the run. Now cooking veggie soup and on track for work tomorrow  :)

Thank you so much for the sweet compliments :hug:

I'm glad you were able to get out for a little run :)

Post Merge: May 01, 2015, 01:08:46 PM

Oh so, I thought I would post a picture of my progress. I'm extremely embarrassed of my before picture (8 months ago), but I have to include a picture wearing similar clothing so you can see the progress :) The picture on the right was taken this morning (63 lbs lost) :yippee: I used the Pic Stitch app for the side by side comparison.

Spoiler

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:08:46 PM by MikeysGrrrl »

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Awesome job, MikeysGrrrl! Keep it up!

Last week I thought I could say I had a healthy BMI! But then I found out I am actually over 2 cm shorter than I thought I was >< So the green BMI continues to elude me... Less than 2KG to go now though!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Wow, congrats on your progress, Mickey's Grrrl! And Aienhime too! Good Lucy with the last few pounds :) :cheer:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
You look great, MikeysGrrrl, keep up the amazing work!

So this was week 2 of walking around the local high school track with my friends.  The first three days we did this, we got rained out and only walked half a mile.  Yesterday was beautiful and I walked 1.25 miles (I did an extra lap because I was so full of energy).  Today I found some pretty cool workout videos on Youtube, so I've added those to my workout regimen as well.  I'm feeling really good about all of this!  It really helps to have my friends along for this journey to weight-loss and better health.  I don't feel nearly as down about this as I did a month ago.
Instagram / Want List

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do

So this was week 2 of walking around the local high school track with my friends.  The first three days we did this, we got rained out and only walked half a mile.  Yesterday was beautiful and I walked 1.25 miles (I did an extra lap because I was so full of energy).  Today I found some pretty cool workout videos on Youtube, so I've added those to my workout regimen as well.  I'm feeling really good about all of this!  It really helps to have my friends along for this journey to weight-loss and better health.  I don't feel nearly as down about this as I did a month ago.

That's great news! I've had a rough couple of weeks but I've managed to go running twice last week and the weight was really coming off until... I've had 2 days of eating lots due to social occasions.  Just need to pick up again tomorrow. Will report  :)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile

That's great news! I've had a rough couple of weeks but I've managed to go running twice last week and the weight was really coming off until... I've had 2 days of eating lots due to social occasions.  Just need to pick up again tomorrow. Will report  :)

Great work MoonbeamStar and Artemesia Floc!

It's been so incredibly hot here, I swear that Windsor only has 2 seasons (Frigid Winter and Humid Summer) :( I really dislike the heat, I feel so faint when I try to workout, even walking the dog makes me feel lightheaded when it's this hot out. So I've had to change my workouts and do shorter durations scattered throughout the day instead of in 1-2 blocks of time. It works, so I guess I can't complain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal