collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weightloss / Active Lifestyle Arena Support Group - Come Share Your Story  (Read 7321 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I'm loving this thread.  It's inspired me to make some changes in my life.

I'm aiming to lose about 50 pounds and finally get down to a healthy weight.  I think the last time I was an ideal weight was during grade school, sad to say.  (And I was a skinny kid too . . . what happened? Haha.) 

I'm a combination of a grazer and a binge eater.  I have problems with homemade foods, even healthy ones, because if it's in the fridge I WILL eat it.  Seven portions of a low calorie meal adds up to high calories!  So I'm depending a lot on pre-packaged food now, like Morningstar products and Lean Pockets.  Morningstar corn dogs are sooo good and they only have 150 calories each.

I always swear I'm going to bring my own lunches to work and then I never do.  Basically, I hate eating at my desk instead of in the food court.  Fortunately, I've found two good healthy "fast food" places near my building.  (Three if you count Subway.)  I feel kind of guilty about not making my own lunches, but at least I'm choosing a brown rice bowl instead of a burger with fries, you know?

One thing I have been making on my own is smoothies!   I bought a personal blender and I make a smoothie for breakfast every day now.  It's fun trying out different recipes. :)

Thanks for the suggestion of My Fitness Pal!  I downloaded the app and it is helping a LOT.  I'm aiming for 1200 calories a day, and even when I go "over" I'm usually at a low enough calorie count that I'm losing some weight.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Wow Cumberbatch that is amazing work there! Congrats.

I've been struggling with the weight gain for years, and I gained a lot when I worked at a horrible job that triggered my depression and my answer was eating. The last month of so I've really been trying to change that. Walking more and starting to work out with one of the other teachers I work with. She wants to learn belly dancing, and I took lessons for the longest time. It's defintely a work out doing the moves and then slowly so she can watch me and repeat. Lol I can only hope I drop the weight as the wife and I keep talking about planning a wedding ceremony, but I want to drop the pounds first.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks, everybody!  It's an amazing feeling to go to the stores and look at clothes and be able to say, "That would be way too big on me!"  Especially since, at my highest weight, I couldn't even find clothes big enough to fit me, even men's clothes!  It was awful!

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
I love this thread! I've been struggling to lose the last of my baby weight since having the little man last May. I need to have a torn mensicus repaired so that completely killed running for me. Which has always been my go to in order to tone up and lose weight. About three weeks ago I decided to go low carb. I cut out everything processed. The only indulgence I left myself was my zero carb monsters. I know they're probably bad for me. But it's my one vice. I've lost 7 1/2 pounds so far! My pants are starting to feel a little loose!

I'm looking at knee surgery this summer,  I'm hoping I can loose about ten more pounds before surgery. I'll be off my feet for about two months afterwards.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
I like this thread a lot.  You're all such inspiring, kind people and I'm so glad we're able to share stories without prejudice.  It makes me a little teary eyed.   :sad:  Here is my weight loss picture!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Some things about me and my background:
  • Highest weight: 285 lbs
  • Weight loss: 135 lbs @ 5'5" over ~ 2 years
  • Current weight: 150 lbs
  • I was/am an emotional eater.  I have issues with anxiety and I still fight battles in my head when it comes to poor food choices.
  • I lost weight by comitting myself to a high protein diet, strength training, and cardio.  I highly recommend joining a gym with group classes to get yourself a start.

Some of the most valuable things I've learned:
  • The formula is easy (eat less, do more), it's the psychological hurdles are the hardest to overcome.
  • NEVER assume you know what's going on in someones life.  If you've lost weight, the way you did it isn't necessarily going to work for someone else.
  • Volunteer to go to the gym with others or invite them to your workout.  Support and encouragement is the most valuable tool one can have.

I'm more than happy to share recipes, exercise routines, and be your buddy on my fitness pal!  It would have meant the world to me to have a friend and a cheerleader during my journey, so I'd love to be there for anyone who needs the support.

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I love this thread so much! :heart: You're all doing so amazing! Prideth, you look so good!

As for me, I've now lost about 5KG and I feel SO GOOD!  :frolic: It's amazing what a difference this is making, especially on how I feel normally. My IBS pains are still gone and I have so much energy! I work out about 5 days a week, of which 2 are at the gym with the boyfriend where we do strength training. The other are cardio, running in the park or simply the hometrainer for 30 minutes while watching an episode of anime. It works great and I am lasting so much longer with running than I used to even a month ago!

Food is doing great, too. I'm keeping track of what I eat online, which is a great help. Honestly though, I don't feel like I'm on a diet. I've just cut out bad food from regular meals. I sometimes do enjoy a snack, like a little bit of dark chocolate, and that's enough. I can't even eat as much as I used to. I focus on eating enough vegetables and fruit and that fills me more than any snack ever could!

9KG to go for me. I'm so excited! My body already looks so much better and I feel so good, I can't imagine how I'll feel 9KG down the road!

Keep it up all! :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:35:49 AM by Aienhime »

Offline pineapplecupcake

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • "She'll become a crazy cat lady!...Give her time"
    • View Profile
You guys are so inspiring! I am trying to start working out again and you're motivating me to get up and go to the gym!! The "Pounds of Ponies" thing sounds like such a cool idea - if anyone is thinking of doing another one anytime soon, I would be down to join up!
:heart: Thank you to LyraHeartsrtings, Bekuno (adopts) & sunnyrain (avi) :heart:Pineapple Cupcake reference sheet!:heart:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I need to get back on my exercise routine... This past week I've been falling asleep before I can even get to it and once I fall asleep I can't get myself awake enough to even attempt exercising... I think once I'm through with my work days (I work 12 hour days) I'm gonna try to start exercising when I first get up in the mornings instead of before bedtime...

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Lately when we are too tired after work to make dinner I've been getting a salad and a water to drink and some of the fast food salads are really good. I had one yesterday from Burger King that had cranberries and apples on it and it was delicious!

Cumberbatch, you gave me an idea on how I can workout after work. Because I work 10-12 hours a day my feet hurt so bad that I can barely stand at the end of the day. The exercise bike idea would work for me on days that I work cuz I wouldn't have to stand on my feet to workout. I think my dad has one and maybe he would let me have it or borrow it.

Prideth, you look great!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:09:39 PM by Sukey »

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Amazing job, Prideth!

I'm installing My Fitness Pal right now!  Seems like a pretty good thing to do, and I need the motivation. ^.^

I realized today, while walking to my car after work, that my feet hurt after minimal activity.  I usually park my car in the parking lot up the hill from the building that I work in, so I can at least get some form of exercise in.  When I got into the car, I started crying because I was out of breath, very thirsty (I had downed my bottle of water while walking) and I was in pain.  I don't look like I weigh as much as I do, but I feel like I weigh a ton!  I'm getting married this year and I've already been fitted for my dress, but lately I've been thinking that I'll look like a whale... I never envisioned myself being like this.  I was already a "thick" girl growing up, but in all the right places!  So, my goal is to feel better about myself while getting healthier.  I don't want to end up crying in my car every day after work anymore...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:26:37 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
I realized today, while walking to my car after work, that my feet hurt after minimal activity.  I usually park my car in the parking lot up the hill from the building that I work in, so I can at least get some form of exercise in.  When I got into the car, I started crying because I was out of breath, very thirsty (I had downed my bottle of water while walking) and I was in pain.  I don't look like I weigh as much as I do, but I feel like I weigh a ton!  I'm getting married this year and I've already been fitted for my dress, but lately I've been thinking that I'll look like a whale... I never envisioned myself being like this.  I was already a "thick" girl growing up, but in all the right places!  So, my goal is to feel better about myself while getting healthier.  I don't want to end up crying in my car every day after work anymore...

I know that feeling all too well.  :hug:  I remember worrying about going to meetings upstairs with coworkers and walking with them.. and being completely out of breath on the second floor!  I was always embarrassed about it. 
I'm sorry you cried, I know that one well too!  :sad:  But I know for sure you're no whale (they apparently have issues getting wifi in the ocean, as well as poor keyboarding skills *flippers flail wildly, smash computers*). 

MyFitnessPal name is roopbk, anyone and everyone is welcome to friend me.  :cheer:  I've fallen off of my calorie counting in MFP, but I'll get back on board ASAP!

I also have a Nike+ Fuel Band, same account name, if anyone wants to challenge me!   :nerdy: 

I would love to help coordinate a pounds for ponies, or some kind of weekly challenge where we report in our fitness goals.  I'd even love to provide prizes for staying on track!  I'm going on vacation for a week (starting tomorrow) but I'm going to ponder on this... I'd love to support my pony pals!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
I'm another one that has serious medical reasons for my weight gain...
So I have Hypermobile Elhers-Danlos Syndrome, which basically means my ligaments don't work. I can and often do seriously injure myself doing things like walking or picking up my niece. For the last three years I've been in physical therapy carefully building up my muscle tone so that I can manage to do the simple things.
Along with this I have bulging and degrading disks in my back, Chronic Fatigue or whatever they renamed it, a few heart issues, the valve going from my esophagus to my stomach doesn't work, my stomach is "Paralyzed"  so it only sort of works, and my body thinks it's fun to react to stress by pretending to have seizures.
My physical therapist says that when the line in heaven came out for good genes, I was probably in the "extra cats" line.

Anywho, so I go see him still, and I'm getting a lot stronger but there are always tiny setbacks. I have a gym membership but can't go as I'm no longer allowed to drive, or be alone ever XD My doctor would like me to lose forty pounds to get back to my teenage weight of 120. So I will keep trying!

I passed out at my physical therapist's yesterday as they were trying to get my muscles to warm up by using heat which threw my heart into a tizzy. One of my legs locked right as I lost consciousness, so at least I didn't fall off the machine!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Prideth you look amazing! Congrats on your weightloss, your hard work and dedication certainly paid off :)

Everyone is doing so well, even little changes can make a world of difference, which I'm sure everyone is beginning to notice.

I'm at 55 lbs lost so far, which I'm really proud of myself for but I still have a long ways to go. I had to go through my clothing and eliminate about half of it because it was way too big, now that's a great feeling :) I treated myself to a haircut and a new pair of sneakers as a mini reward for losing the weight that I've lost thus far. I've been using picstitch to do comparison photo's of myself every month so I can see the differences, that helps, especially when the scale is stalling out lol.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I've lost another 5 pounds!  Yeah!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
I've lost another 5 pounds!  Yeah!

That's awesome!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal