collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids films that give you nightmares  (Read 6791 times)

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Kids films that give you nightmares
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
i watched watership down when i was 5 and watched it so much i could recite long bits dialog from it !!!! i did see plauge dogs but that was realy depressing and made me cry alot i only watched it cause it was writen by the same auther ! xaflame

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
I LOVE Watership Down, but it is absolutely not a kids movie.  (I mean, sure kids can enjoy it if they're tough enough but they certainly weren't the target audience.)  I wish people wouldn't automatically think "must be made for little kids" just because it's animated.

I just know someone is buying "Grave of the Fireflies" as I type this, thinking it's a cute movie about talking fireflies, ha ha ha.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »
Wallace and Gromit. I'm not sure why but they always scared me. They look really creepy and always made feel uneasy. (They still do  :blush:)

edit.

Also the Tom & Jerry episodes from the Gene Deitch era. I love the episodes from the Hanna Barbera era, but these ones always scared me and just like with Wallace and Gromit I'm not completely sure why, other than they look a bit creepy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:50:45 PM by Sandi »
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
I LOVE Water ship down!

Animal Farm was another  rather morbid animated movie
Animal Farm as in based off Orwell's novel? If so it would be creepy because it's not a children's book. It's taught in high school.

As a child I didn't like the demon from Fantasia. Lmao years ago when the first Kingdom Hearts game came out he startled me greatly.

Hmmm as a kid and even as an adult The Wizard of Oz is something I won't watch. The munchkins used to give me nightmares. Flying monkey bats are fine but not those creepy cherub looking people.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
The Brave Little Toaster. I had so many nightmares because of that movie. D:

OMG yes.  When the window fan started getting angry, because he couldn't move.  When the appliances were in that used appliance store (or whatever it is) and they did that song and the old fashioned scary music.  Also, when the appliances were in the forest with the creepy trees.  I mean, I can watch it now obviously without being scared but when I was a kid those were the parts that scared me.

Post Merge: May 30, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

wizard of oz!!!

I still hate that movie to this day because of it.

yet I can watch the second one with no problems  :huh:

Some parts with the witch scared me and the creepy forest and the witches castle, but that was it for me.

Post Merge: May 30, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

It's not a film but one of the episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures scared me.  It was the episode about the banshee.  I saw it recently on cartoon network I think and I was like  :shocked:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:03:56 PM by Majesty »

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »
This reminds me of a site called kindertrauma , if you cant remember a movie go ask them!

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »
I LOVE Water ship down!

Animal Farm was another  rather morbid animated movie

Animal Farm,like the George Orwell novel? What a great film for the kids! :lol:
I had no idea they made an animated film of the book! I just looked up the trailer and it was great, I might have to watch it tonight.  :)
As for me there wasn't any films I remembered that scared me, but then again I was pretty sheltered and my mom would always check something before I could watch it.  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 04:44:46 PM by okamigirl64 »

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
There is this beautifully drawn/animated movie- Raggedy Ann & Andy, "A Musical Adventure"  -  it is definitely FOR kids- but there are some parts that gave me nightmares.

1) There is this deeply disturbing part where they fall into this lake of living Taffy that wants to eat them, and they are struggling to be free- and eventually win only by tricking him into eating himself of something...
  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also-  there was a deeply depressed Camel character that was abandoned by his last home, and due to his depression/attachment disorder he would occasionally fall into these hallucinations that would lure him into running headlong into danger....

How about Return to Oz??  For the longest time, I wasn't sure whether that movie was a dream I had or a real movie!

Yes- that was a seriously dark and scary movie as a kid!  Especially the beginning when poor Dorothy was in the evil mental hospital-

Seriously they would never have kids movies like this anymore...

Oh my goodness yes the camel spooked me badly! The taffy monster didn't scare me at all but I STILL remember the camel and his hallucinations, and I only saw the movie once. *shudders*

Fern Gully really creeped me out too. It wasn't the bat character, it was Hexxus. When he's the sludge crawling through the machine in the very beginning that just spooked me so badly and the final fight scene really did me in.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:08 PM »
When I was little, about five or six, I remember my mom flipping through the television channels trying to find a show for us. She found an animated movie, and all I remember of it was that some animals - I think they were moles? - were talking about a war the humans were fighting, I believe it was WWII. It showed a scene with mustard gas, and the soldiers fleeing for their lives.  :yikes: I don't know what the title was, but even as a teen I think it would still haunt me just as badly.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
Mr. Boogedy terrified me. For years, I swear Mr. Boogedy lived in my closet and would come out at night. Can't really remember what it was about, but I know it scared the crap out of me!

Offline doxiechic16

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »
The "Night on Bald Mountain" part of Fantasia scared me soooo much when I was a kid!  I loved the cute parts of Fantasia, but I just couldn't do this part!   :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30oxAdib5L4

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »
Bits of fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, The Wizard of Oz, My Dog Skip, Chicken Run (Which I now love), and bits of Beauty & the Beast.

I didn't watch watership down until I was 12 so I never got to be traumatized by it, I loved it and even brought it to school to watch, I did traumatize my classmates though!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »
When I was small only two movies really gave me nightmares, one was a disney flick "Watcher in the Woods" which even hearing the movies name still creeps me out to this day and the other definitely not a kids flick, I don't know what possessed my parents to let me see it when I was a little girl, "Poltergeist".
To this day I refuse to watch either of those shows and can still very easily have nightmares if I even think about them.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
There is this beautifully drawn/animated movie- Raggedy Ann & Andy, "A Musical Adventure"  -  it is definitely FOR kids- but there are some parts that gave me nightmares.

1) There is this deeply disturbing part where they fall into this lake of living Taffy that wants to eat them, and they are struggling to be free- and eventually win only by tricking him into eating himself of something...

OH MY GOD THAT WAS REAL?

I thought that was a hallucination I had as a child when I had an extremely bad fever.

Post Merge: May 30, 2014, 06:20:55 PM

Hmmm as a kid and even as an adult The Wizard of Oz is something I won't watch. The munchkins used to give me nightmares. Flying monkey bats are fine but not those creepy cherub looking people.

aw, little people aren't creepy.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 06:20:55 PM by Rosencrantz »
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 06:27:32 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal