collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids films that give you nightmares  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Kids films that give you nightmares
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »
Oooo, flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz! I love them now, especially after seeing Wicked but they so creeped me out as a kid.

As for "Are these shows okay for kids?" I agree that it depends on the kid. My son LOVES macabre stuff like Coraline and Goosebumps. My youngest is wayyy to sensitive for it. Although he prefers non-fiction. He'll watch a 2-hour show for grown ups on how trains work. Or anything mechanical.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2014, 01:12:01 PM »
I was never scared by things made for kids but my brother was! The main ones are "the Dark Crystal" and a BBC kids show over here called "The Box of Delights" He had terrible nightmares about being chased by wolves and he's only 14 months younger than me. It went on for years and he still refuses to watch it even at 33!
My grandparents house became the place for nightmares. We used to go over there at weekends or bank holidays and caught the early evening films. Not kids films but ones that were PG and mostly disaster movies.
I was a bit scared by the fire thingies in "Labyrinth" but they had such a cool song that I got over it :) Also the people on wheels in "return to Oz" they were a bit scary but there was a presenter from the BBC's Blue Peter who was one of them and they showed how he did it so it became more a guessing game about which one he was... Scared my aunt a lot though :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
I think the kid movies are fine for kids- (of course depending on the kid) - I think kids really like/appreciate darker themes and "real" bad guys/conflict sometimes.

But I think it depends on WHEN you are watching the movie.  For example, I think that the dark hallucination scenes from Raggedy Ann and Dumbo's Circus were especially creepy/disturbing for me- because my mom put them on when I was home sick with the flu, and probably having feverish-hallucinations of my own.   

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2014, 04:43:36 PM »
It wasn't a film, but I know when I was a kid, I refused to watch Legends of the Hidden Temple (game show on Nickelodeon) because Olmec the talking stone head scared me to the point where I cried.  But I love the game show now when I rewatch the episodes online. xD

Ooooh the goosebump series! especially the one where a persons bed was FILLED with worms... eek I hate worms. Or was that 'are you afraid of the dark?'.
I forgot to even consider that, but yes that series gave me nightmares too! In particular, the episode where a girl found a mask and eventually couldn't remove it; I stopped watching the series after my nightmare where I couldn't take off a gross evil mask.
Even to this day, you couldn't pay me to watch the "Night of the Living Dummy" episodes of Goosebumps. I saw that episode once when I was a kid, and I had nightmares for a week. :cry:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal