collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you get your pets/and name them  (Read 9643 times)

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How did you get your pets/and name them
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
Oh God, it feels like a lifetime that I was a dog owner. But then again I talk about it often enough that it sometimes feels like yesterday. Dogs have been my one big interest/passion in life since kindergarden; it surpassed everything else. When I was 9 years old my family finally got a dog; Golden Retriever. That day is one of the happiest ones in my life still to this day.

He was such an amazing and beautiful Golden Retriever with the perfect golden color. My Mom was the one who picked him out amongst all his siblings due to his perfect features and he was so calm compared to the other puppies at just 8 weeks. He really was like the Ferdinand the Bull all his life and sadly I will never have a dog like that again in my life. His name was Simson (and no, not after The Simpsons) and that was his birth name given to him by the breeder. And since we the family (two adults and four kids) couldn't all agree on a name, we decided to keep it.

[R.I.P. Simson 1995-2008]

For my next dog I want to get a female and some of the names I'm thinking about are; Dixie, Jessie, Sandy, Sierra and Nickie.

Rainfeather

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
In my family we have three dogs, but I, specifically, own a cockatiel.

I got him back in fifth grade. He was the class pet, but he somehow ended up in my hands. I'm not remembering how exactly, he may have been considered too noisy for the school or something. lol

He got named by a class vote... When I was in fifth grade it was the very height of the Pokemon craze (1999/2000), and he has a yellow face and orangish-red cheek, so he got named Pikachu.  :lol: Incidentally, *I* voted his name that way, too.  :good:

Although my parents HATE (or at least hated) Pokemon, so over the years we just started calling him "Peeky". lol

He's getting up there in the years now (I think he may have been a year old when I got him, so around 16 now), so I was nervous taking pictures, but I manged to get one =):

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow that's so old! And I never looked at them that way, their heads dó resemble pickachus :P Awesome name!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »

I had a cockatiel with the same colors a loooooooong time ago. His name was Lucky. Such lovely birds, I miss having them as pets; but I don't miss the crack of dawn wake up whistles!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »
My cat was born in a litter of barn kitties and he kind of found me as in I opened the car door and there was this little ball of grey fur sniffing the car, he's named simply after Bucky Barnes

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
I have a lot of pets so going down the list:

Rocky- He is my 12 year old tabby cat. He and his 3 siblings were born after their mother (a stray) began going into labor on my parents' front porch when I was a junior in high school. His name came from the nickname of an old acquaintance I had run into at a concert.

Carly- She is my 12 year old longhaired, black and gray tabby. She's one of Rocky's sisters. She is named after a character on As the World Turns.

Faith- She is my 12 year old shorthaired, black and gray tabby. She is Rocky and Carly's sister. She is named after the Buffy the Vampire Slayer character.

Rusty- He is my 11 year old orange tabby. He was given to my family by some other family members who no longer wanted to have a cat around. His name comes from his color.

Munchie- She is 1 year old black and gray tabby who followed some neighboorhood kids down the road in front of my house one summer morning. The kids said they didn't know where she came from. She was only a few months old at the time. I took photos of her around town but no one claimed her, so I kept her. Her name comes from her being a tiny munchkin when she first arrived, although she's big now.

Iris- Iris is my 3 year old black German Shepherd. I had planned on getting a dog for a couple months prior and wanted to get one that came from the animal shelter I worked for. Since I work in a separate administrative/volunteer office in another part of town, I rarely see the dogs and cats in person. Well, one day I was cross-training at the shelter and got to meet Iris while I was there. I knew she was the dog for me and adopted her. Her name was given to her by shelter staff months before I met her.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2014, 08:29:55 AM »
Wow that's so old! And I never looked at them that way, their heads dó resemble pickachus :P Awesome name!

I knowww I can't believe how old he has gotten.  :(

There's actually a coloring where their entire body is yellow instead of grey, so they look even more like Pikachu. =P

I had a cockatiel with the same colors a loooooooong time ago. His name was Lucky. Such lovely birds, I miss having them as pets; but I don't miss the crack of dawn wake up whistles!

Lol. I know all about that... Worst of all are the night frights, though. >.<

|My Collection|

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »

Sarge is gorgeous!  :inlove:

My dogs have all been rescues, including my current two, a JRTxcolliexspaniel called Scooby, and an Ibizan hound called Rocco  :heart: They are my boys and I love them to bits! My goldfish are Calico, Goldie, Claus and Patrick (not that imaginitive I know lol) I have about 300 snails of different species, they are all called Brian  :P My tarantulas are all named - Boober was an anniversary present from my ex husband (Fraggle Rock was on the TV when we got home), Pookie was a pressie to myself for getting a new job (saw a kid with a Garfield t-shirt in the store), Hookey is a rescue (she is an escape artist) , Fluffy was given to me from a friend for helping them out (she's just really fluffy) Lassie is a rescue (she is the most docile spider ever and is very understanding!) , Kimi I got from an invertebrate show (named after the F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen cos she is quick and cool). My apple snails and stick insects aren't named, neither are the outside goldfish, although we have nicknamed our resident eels Nessie :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Thank you pinkamena. He's 10 years old now and is really starting to show a white face/muzzle, this is a recent pic of him:

We love him to pieces. This is a breed that I would highly recommend!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
He's so handsome! I adore sight hounds, they really are marvelous dogs. I would have a greyhound in a shot!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2014, 12:58:46 PM »
It usually takes us a little while to name our kitties. Here are their names and stories. We have 7 :)

-Harry was born at my boyfriend's house(now my husband) and his brother named him and I think he was named that because he is long-haired.

-Skippy. I adopted him from work. I work at an animal hospital. He runs and jumps really high so that is why we named him Skippy. We also nicknamed him Skippy Mouse cuz he is timid and meek and a big scaredy cat :)

- Moppet. We found he at McD parking lot searching for food. I caught her with chicken nuggets. We say she is the best prize that we ever got in a happy meal. I was trying to think of a unique name for her and Moppet seemed to fit.

-Little Man. I feel in love hard with him at work. He was a kitten that someone found along the road that was expected to live. He did and I took care of him and the people who brought him in didn't want him- they just wanted to do the right thing. So I took him home and my hubby named him Lennon after John Lennon, but the name just didn't seem to suit him. We started to call him Little Man and it stuck.

-Chloe was an adult cat who was brought into work to find a home. She was pregnant and had 5 babies there. After the kittens were adopted she still needed a home so we took her and my hubby renamed her Chloe after Chloe Sullivan on Smallville.

-Moses was the cat about town when we lived in our Apt. He went to various people's houses to get his dinners. We made him a little warm cat house for winter which he used a lot. The neighbors on the end apt called him Moses and another neighbor called him Blackie. He really did kinda mosey around so Moses was perfect. We lived there for almost 3 years and as far as I know the only ones who fed him on a daily basis. I couldn't leave him there not knowing if he would get fed or not especially since we moved in the winter time. So we let all the neighbors know that we were taking him. He now is a happy indoor cat.

-ZuZu was a stray kitten also at our Apt building who came around searching for something to eat. It took  a couple months to catch. When I finally caught her a put her in a cage for a few days- my was she a wild one! She finally calmed down and let us pet her. I tried asking various people if they wanted to adopt her cuz we already had 5 indoor cats and Moses who we were feeding outside. We ended up keeping her and someone later said about her being a nice cat and I jokingly said you're too later the offer is off the table now ;) Hubby named her after the little girl in It's a Wonderful Life and it really fits her. She is a Zu!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »
Hippie, my dog, got abandoned and my parents found him a long time ago. He died a few years ago, and I still miss him.

Luna(not named after the pony), my female doggie, she's still very young, and was recently found by a friend of mine on a road. Probably the most innocent pet ever.  ^.^

Sparkles, my cat. Damn you, great aunt, for losing one of the best pets ever!

Steven, my raven-like bird. I found it being hurt on the street. I cured him and it was my pet for a day, bfore he decided to fly away.

The list goes on, but it's a VERY big list. I love animals <3
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
I only have one pet now, my horse, and I he already had a name when I got him. A long one so you use nick names related to the real name instead of the full registered name. Then again, the previous owners already had their nick name, which I have tried to change (since it´s actually the breeders name) but I always end up using the old nick instead, which is "Tabac".

I have namned a few previous pets. Have given up on just deciding on a pretty name, it usually comes natural somehow. And if it doesn´t, I end up calling them something else anyway.
Like two cats we had that my sister and I got to name.
At first, we could not decide on just one name because we wanted so different name and could not come to an agreement. So they got double names. It´s in swedish so it would not make much sense and I don´t even know if I remember them.
I don´t know why but eventually I started saying the wrong names, because it just felt like "them". And the other family members did the same.
Translated it would be something like; Sooty and The Troll.

My guinea pigs were called Cutie and Chubby. No rocket science behind those names!  ;)

Scooterbec122

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2015, 07:33:12 AM »
I just wanted to add in my new fur baby.  His name is Charlie and we got him from a cat rescue. I got him in September and he was 6 months old. He spent his life in a small box in the cat rescue until we brought him home and now he is very, very spoiled. I call him Charlie B or Charlie Bucket, because I think he got the golden ticket! I also think he chose me. I was looking at a different kitten and heard him crying and asked about him. The lady at the rescue said he was very sweet and had almost been adopted several times but no one took him. I got him out and he let me hold him like a baby and then put his paw on my face. My husband and I fell in love instantly.

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
I have 4 kitties, 3 dogs, and 4 hens with some random fish.  The dogs Mia came named, Dutch my parents named and Cupcake came named.  Mia and Dutch are Great Pyrenees, Cupcake is a Bearded Collie.  Trust me we would never name any of our dogs after pastries...

Our kitties, Thursday is all black and we inherited him from my Grandfather.  Ty is a tuxedo kitty and he came named.  Tobias, the little cream kitty on my avatar thingy.  We had originally named him Maurice after the Terry Pratchett book "Maurice and his Educated Rodents."  However my dad didn't like that name, so I thought of Toby, or Tobias.  I named him after a really cool animatronic werewolf figure in Thrillvania in Texas.  Then Rincewind (Rinzo) our HUGE 27 lb black and white tuxedo kitty is a wizzard!  It just fit Rinzo perfectly.  I also call him Spud and Spud-Butt.  He loves potatoes just like Rincewind in the Discworld books.
I'd go on about the past kitties we've had, but that would take too long.

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Princess Lala

« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2015, 07:49:42 AM »
I hope reptiles are ok to post here! I keep them on account of my husbands severe allergies plus reptiles are actually my favorite kind of pets! Easy to clean, easy to feed, no odor or allergies!Reptiles are.... SO cute to me! ^-^

I have 3 right now.

Nirobi- female flame-morph Kenyan Sand Boa. Named her after a city in Africa since they are native to the area. Got her from sandboamorphs.com for my husbands birthday present! She is a sweeeeetheart and LOVES to be held. Loves to go into shirts and bras and sleep. I have never met a nicer pet, not even a dog as nice ans she! she is always in a calm mood.

Zoë- female sandstone Bearded Dragon. I thought Zoë was a cute name! Got her at petsmart. She was one of the larger bearded dragons and she was sitting on top of a tiny bearded dragon who looked pissed beyond reason.She absolutely loves food like you would beleive and now she grew up to be fat and lazy LOL. She likes to dig in her sandbox with only one arm like a tard and licks everything. She likes when I hand-feed her greens and will lick my fingers after I give them to her! Superworms are her favorite, she goes nuts over them.

Baby- (no name yet) female Leopard Gecko. Got her at petsmart on the 50% off reptile sale! She is still a hatchling, we got her on Thursday. She is soooo cute, sometimes shy. She likes to lick everything and dances on the glass when she is awake! She has a little rock she sits on in the middle of the night and makes cute croaky noises.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:30:18 AM by Princess Lala »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal