collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you get your pets/and name them  (Read 9688 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Re: How did you get your pets/and name them
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »
My fur babies, left to right, top to bottom, Darla Boo, Tiffany (who has passed on), Winston or Sir Winston, and my little man Jack (ive got a tattoo of him as he has been such a huge part of my life for the last 17 years).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And my scale babies, unnamed beta, my goldfish (setting up another tank to split them up for more room) and blue tongues Harold and Booba

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2014, 05:00:52 AM »
I got my cat about 11 years ago, after my dad found an ad for kittens needing homes in the newsagent. She's called Vince, because my older sister insisted on it for some unknown reason, so I just like to pretend that she was named after Vince Noir from The Mighty Boosh. XD

Here she is (looking very... majestic.)

Rainfeather

« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2014, 06:52:58 AM »
"I went to a purebred Somali breeder and dropped close to a grand on Farty McSmellybottom...and you find that weird...why?" :lol:

I just think I deserve the best of the best, even my catfarts have to be of a very high standard :P

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2014, 07:34:10 AM »
We have one cat right now and I brought her home.  Well she followed me when I was younger and would Rollerblade.  She'd follow me till she got tired and would plop herself down in the middle of the street and I'd be so worried about her.  The people that were feeding her I don't think ever let her inside, as there kids would ask how I got the cat to come up to me and be so friendly.  Well the house had fire damage and the family was moving.  My mom went and asked if they were taking the cat, they of course said no and she was our wild child. 

Since my mom made the final decision about bringing her in she named her Cleo.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2014, 02:37:39 PM »
Back in 2010, I had gone 10 months without any pets at all and it was really eating away at me. One night while my husband and I were watching TV, I said the next black animal we get ought to be named Nightfury since we are huge How to Train Your Dragon fans and especially of Toothless. The very next day, his grandpa showed up at our door with a tiny black and white one or two month old kitten wrapped in a towel. His grandpa thought that the kitten was a boy and at first my husband wanted to name it Figaro after the tuxedo kitten in Pinnochio. We quickly figured out that the kitten was actually a girl though and remembering our conversation from the night before, I suggested Nightfury for her name. So that's how Nightfury came into our lives and how she got her name.

Fast forward to around Memorial Day in 2013. We'd been wanting to get Nightfury a little companion because we were worried that she was lonely whenever we were gone to work or out of town. A very good friend of mine at work, had a cat named Lucy who had had a litter of kittens and one was a girl and my friend said we could have the girl kitten. Since I already knew that this kitten was mostly black, I'd already been thinking of naming her Eclipse. Around Memorial Day, Eclipse was old enough to come home with us which she did and made our little family complete. <3

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2014, 04:28:23 PM »
I have had Mochachina, my chocolate lab, since 2001. Ellie will be 6 in October and we've had her 4 years. Balthazar is also almost 6, and we've had him close to 4 years.
I got Mocha at 9 weeks from a proper breeder. Ellie was picked out at the shelter, and Balthazar walked in the cat door and just stayed.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
We have added a 7th stray to our little group.  Buddycat showed up on our porch earlier this summer and was skinny and very young, so we fed him.  He was very skittish and didn't trust us.  I worked with him til I could pet him, which he liked.  He was ill but since I couldn't catch him I couldn't really tell what was wrong.  On the 4th of July we decided to try and get him inside to keep the fireworks from scaring him.  Once I caught him it was clear he needed to go to the vet NOW so we took him to the emergency room and found out he has stomatitis.  He was on all kinds of medications to help him feel better and since we had to keep him inside to medicate him he has managed to work himself into the pecking order.  :)  None of the other cats are bothered by him, and a few even try to play with him.  We have to take him back to the vet fairly regularly for checkups on his mouth but other than that disease he's doing very well.  He's fully vaccinated and has been neutered.  If I can catch him he is very easy to medicate.  Recently he has started sleeping next to me in bed. 

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2014, 01:00:57 PM »
Growing up we had a dog (cocker spaniel) and a cat (part Manx and part Persian) named Lucky and Smokey, respectively.

Smokey was pretty easy to name.  He was dark grey with semi-long fur.  And a half tail.  :)

Our dog on the other hand, had more of  a story.  When she was born, the owners of her mother thought she wad dead, so they wrapped up in newsprint and set her to the side while they delivered the other puppies.  After all the puppies were born, they noticed the newsprint was moving a bit, and lo and behold, she was alive!  They named her Lucky, and when we went to pick her up to take her home a few months later, we kept the name since it was fitting.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2014, 02:44:24 AM »
I have a pit bull named Zelda!We actually saved her from some people who weren't taking good care of her...when she got home she had scars and was so thin you could see all her bones.She was always so scared and tried to avoid us at all costs.Now she's a big strong hyper dog.She is great with people and Looooves to play.One problem she still has though is that she's scared of men and other dogs.I named her Zelda after the princess in the game Legend of Zelda.It's my families favorite video game.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2014, 03:09:49 PM »
I have a ferret named Furret.  Most people think it was pretty lazy of me to just change one letter in ferret, but that's not the case here.  If anyone is lazy, it's GameFreak because Furret is the name of one of the cutest Pokemon ever.  So yeah, totally not a name I came up with.  Actually... yeah, I guess I'm lazy with naming.  I've always loved Furret and my dream was to someday own a custom plush of it to be as big as it gets in the game (5'9'').  Well... I got the real thing instead!   :lol:  So, naturally, getting a ferret meant I should name it Furret.  It's a very fitting name, since he enjoys hanging out in my pile of Pokemon plushies.  As seen here:

I've had him for about 4 months now.  Got him from one of the local pet stores and I just knew I had to have him because he was the only ferret that kept staring at me while we were in the store.  My fiance and I can't wait to get a second ferret once we move into a bigger place.

Here's Furret being cute!

Instagram / Want List

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2014, 03:39:28 AM »
We will only adopt dogs from the SPCA. As far as names go, we choose what we like and what we think "fits" them. :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2014, 07:03:57 AM »
every pet iv ever owned personally have been adopted/rescued so they've come to me with names already lol.

My cat Tora, I insisted on taking after a friends BF at the time, said they had to move and planned on just turning their timid domesticated cat loose. I said NO ILL TAKE HER DONT DO THAT PLEASE! Without even really thinking about it, but im glad I did. :) She had potty issues at first but shes good now, shes still scared of almost everything that moves but I think shes a lot more relaxed then she was in her previous home. Shes a great cat, SO SO so affectionate and my sons best friend, I got her when I was pregnant with him so they've been buddies all his life lol. Shes basically HIS cat now haha. 

Iv had a number of dogs that iv adopted from friends, a pitbull named Ava, another pit named Tinkerbell who i just called Tink xD, a bluetick named Morgan, a chihuahua/dachshund named Max, and a pomeranian named Fatboy lol. Fatboy was my last dog and I haven't felt up to adopting another since hes passed a few years ago, i just haven gotten over it, and for a pomeranian he was so good around people/kids and other dogs. I still miss him.

My other cat, who is technically my moms, is Mazor. She got him from one of my friends when their cat had a litter, weve had him for about 13 years give or take. she originally named him Mazie, thinking he was actually girl when he was a kitten. xD when it became obvious he wasn't a girl, it was changed to Mazor. According to her, his orange splotches looked like golden maze fields? xD i still tease her for it.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2014, 11:46:19 AM »
My ducks are named after spices. Why? I don't know, it just kind of happened. ;)

My first two ducklings I hatched out were Salt and Pepper, but unfortunately Salt passed away at 3 weeks old. :/ So I had to find a friend for lonely Pepper, and that's when I picked up Cinnamon! Here they are together, now 2 months old:

Then just last week I had another duckling hatch out (unfortunately none of my other eggs hatched). Her name is Nutmeg and she is now 8 days old:

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
I got my kitty from a cat shelter, we had been looking for a new cat since our old boy had passed away, and on the third visit they showed us Harry and we fell instantly. When the told us his story I was so angry I was boiling. A kid had brought him into the vets, lifted him up on the counter and asked them to "fix his kitten". The nurse took a look and he had an infected wound on his tail. She explained to him that she couldn't just magically mend the cat but he needed some care and attention, and that he also needed to be neutered, vaccinated etc, upon wich the child just shrugged, said "Well, I don't really want it anyways", and promptly walked out. The nurse phoned the cat shelter and that is how we got him. He was already named Harry, and as he has a very "regal" personality it turned out to be very suitable!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »
In my family we have three dogs, but I, specifically, own a cockatiel.

I got him back in fifth grade. He was the class pet, but he somehow ended up in my hands. I'm not remembering how exactly, he may have been considered too noisy for the school or something. lol

He got named by a class vote... When I was in fifth grade it was the very height of the Pokemon craze (1999/2000), and he has a yellow face and orangish-red cheek, so he got named Pikachu.  :lol: Incidentally, *I* voted his name that way, too.  :good:

Although my parents HATE (or at least hated) Pokemon, so over the years we just started calling him "Peeky". lol

He's getting up there in the years now (I think he may have been a year old when I got him, so around 16 now), so I was nervous taking pictures, but I manged to get one =):

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal