collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you get your pets/and name them  (Read 9687 times)

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you get your pets/and name them
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2014, 12:51:00 AM »
let's see...

Taffy: she was an orange-and-white hamster, and her coloring just sort of reminded me of butterscotch taffy.
Scorch: she was a brown-and-white dwarf hamster with BLAZING red eyes and a black stripe down her back, which reminded me of a scorch mark.
Khisanth & Khirsah: these were a pair of albino rats, and the names are taken from the Dragonlance novels. I just liked the names, honestly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2014, 11:33:12 PM »
A breeder brought a male and female puppy to my apartment. I wanted the female but they left the male. However I didnt notice that she was a he right away and hence the name Bubbles.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
I've got too many pets. Most are rescued so I only have time for one :(

Simba was a feral kitty born in a junk yard. My brother's 'friend' wanted to sell the litter for 'drugs' if she caught them! I was like Uh, no you don't! They caught Simba.. And said she would sell him for drugs so I said here, have $20. Give me the kitten. And so she did. But 2 days later, she came to my brother's house and was drunk and started arguing with me for no reason, I was just doing my own thing because I was staying at my brother's then.. And then she said if she finds Simba she'll kill him. Simba was safely tucked in my room. A week later my room was robbed.. I lost lots of beloved things.. But Simba was with me at my parent's place. Mum just said "You know what? It isn't safe here at all for you and I am worried about you so much." She felt so bad for me that my stuff was stolen from me. She suspected it to be my brother's mates.. He isn't in the best situation and his place always smelled terrible :( She made me move back home.. But a year later, Simba is still with me and he is the sweetest little boy I know. And I remember the first time he used a litter box. It was the second day I had him. I was so happy. He's always been such a sweet boy and I love him to bits. My dad didn't like cats at first but he really loves Simba and said recently when he went on his anniversary honey moon, that he missed playing with him. I just love him so very much. I suffer from depression and anxiety and he's one of the only things that can help cure it and he does. He's just special to me. I do not allow cruelty to animals. At all. I do not support pet shops because their puppies are from puppy farms. They can't even supply people with pedigree papers or anything and when you ask where they came from they get defensive. Adopt, don't shop guys!

zuzz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2014, 03:34:03 PM »
I have 2 pet rats- Mela and Bójka(you can translate this nime to "Fight" and It's also polish version of Buttercup name(Power Puff Girls)). I bought Bójka first, 2 years ago, and she was so scared of me and everything that wasn't related to her cage. Now she is still nervous but at least she likes to cudle with me sometimes ;). Mela is so tiny and skinny(she east a lot, and I mean A LOT) and have big ears(she is dumbo type rat). She is like a little race care- she runs everywhere and I don;t know if she knows why she runs so fast ;) I had the third rattie girl, Elżbietka(Elizabeth ;) but she died in February. She had some kind of tumor. Vet told me that ther was nothing I could do, and the surgery woould kill her, so I let her live as lon as she could. She didi'nt woke up from her sleep, and I want to belive that she passed away calmly in her sleep(Now when Im writing this I have tears in my eyes...). Ive got Ella from my friend(other rats were beating her) and she made good friends with Bójka and Mela. Now I have those two little girls, and Im so afraid that they will die...I know that its gonna happend but still...
Here you have some pics of all my girls, even Ella :)
from left to right: Elżbietka, Mela and Bójka. Ow, and my scrateched chest(thanks Mela :)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2014, 06:08:22 PM »
I have ratties, too! Mrs Bigglesworth is a female hairless, and Orion is a black and white tuxedo dumbo. I've had rats for years, and tumors are very common, especially on females. If it makes you feel batter, they aren't the bad kind of tumor....they usually just grow and get in the way but are not painful. She probably did just fall asleep and not wake up. I hope I get to go like that when it's my time to go :)

zuzz

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:35 PM »
I have ratties, too! Mrs Bigglesworth

What a cute name :D You have any pics of your ratties?:D

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »
I got my little Ashley from a nearby breeder. I have had people tell me that though they strongly believe in adopting from shelters, she was worth what I spent on her because of her sweet personality. She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and was the runt of her litter. She is the Blenheim brown and white spotted color and Lady from Lady and the Tramp is modeled after the breed. I was going to name her initially Lady or Bella but it didn't fit her little freckle face so Ashley it was :)

scrub-adub

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2014, 08:43:54 AM »
Oh lets see...
So I got my cat at least um...
6 years ago
And I got him at a feed store for free with some cat food.
At that time I really liked a production called CATS so when we checked which gender he was and found he was a boy I instantly named him mistofolise but that's a mouthful so we just call him mumu.
Here's a picturevisitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »
Awww, cute stories everyone :)

We currently have five cats :

Kronos :
We got Kronos from the humane society and he was named Zeus. But Zeus was too short to call so we wanted a name that was longer but it should be similar to his former name. After a few days we came up with Kronos, the name of a titan from greek mythology. So, it fits.

Fluse :
Fluse is the german word for a bit of fluff. We got her when she was 4 weeks old and abandoned by her mother. I carried her around day by day until she was big enough to run after me. I taught her how to eat, how to use the kitty toilet and how to clean her fur, it was such a cute time when she was little <3 When we thought of a good name, I looked at her and suddenly just knew : this is a Fluse! Shes sooo tiny, nothing more than a bit of fluff... a tiny little bit. Well and thats how we named her.

Willi :
Willi is a bright orange/red tabby. When thinking of a good name we finally came up with Willi because as my husband said, he has got red hair like a popular character from The Simpsons (Groundkeeper Willi). So, thats Willi lol.

Iroh :
Iroh was a pretty chubby little kitten back then (he was born in our house). Dues to his face marks we originally wanted to call him Zuko (the Avatar character) but my husband said, he was looking more like Uncle Iroh (Avatar too) because he was so chubby lol.

And Mascha :
My little girl, also born in our house like her brother Iroh, had a bad bad bad eye infection when she was a tiny little baby. I had to care for her every 2 hours back then and we formed a close bond due to that. Originally she was meant to move out when she would be old enough and so we did not give her a name. I only called her Matschi (you can translate it to "muddy" ... it was because of her face / bad eye... yes I know thats not nice but well.. *sigh* nicknames are easily given...*blushes*). Well, when her eye was much better and she was old enough to move out I somehow could not give her away. So she stayed with us <3 When thinking of a name I finally came up with Mascha, an old russian womens name which I knew from a russian fairytale. it fits her perfectly I think <3

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2014, 01:26:16 PM »
Such cute stories!  So I took a leap and decided on getting Jasper a brother.  He's another rescue.

I was orginally calling him Flynn but it's just not sticking.... Decisions decisions.. He's also a Manx! He has no tail.

Oh and my other pets since I never did post their pictures

The amazing Jasper Tape (his middle name was picked by a 3 year old)

Baby Jasper visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My baby girl Sadie Lou

My adorably cute Chloe Sue (she hates bows by the way, my sister made these for her kids and wanted to see if they would stay in)

Sadie's litter mate miss Holly

And Gracie Pooh my oldest but in the most trouble of the group.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:28:10 PM by slj84 »

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »
I got my dog after my therapist told me it would be a good idea to have one to help me mentally and emotionally to cope with depression and anxiety.  I was looking at various pups, and found this adorable dog, a Corgi/Chihuahua, that I adopted after a really amazing play-date.  He got the name "Ein" because of 2 reasons: 1) He's got some Corgi in him, and 2) Steve Blum (the main voice actor of Cowboy Bebop, the anime that feature's Ein's namesake) was a HUGE reason I was trying so hard to improve myself mentally and emotionally.  Probably a ridiculous reason to name a dog, but, hey...Ein HAS helped me a ton!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2014, 04:01:25 PM »
We already had 2 named rescue cats, Lily and Candy, and they fit perfectly. A year or so later we went to buy a kitten from the pet shop. We think they were taken from the mother too early, and I took the runt too. The vet we took her to was doubtful she would live. I kept her close to me until the next vet visit. The vet gave her an injection, and the next day it was like she was another kitten. I named her Medli, after a brave, heroic character from Zelda. To this day I love her so much, and she's so full of energy.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:23 AM »
I hav a three cats, 2 lizards, ten fish and two snails.

We sadly put my old kitty, tiffany to sleep in late january. She came to us as a rescue at the age of thirteen and we kept her name as it was easier than renaming and confusing her (and tiffany was a nice name anyhow, even if we wouldn't have picked it). We had her for five years, she was 18 when I had to make that hard decision, I couldn't see her suffer.

Jack and his sister Darla Boo I have had since kittens, they were free in the local paper. They are 16 in a few months time and both doing very well. My dad named Jack after some huge muppet monster, and mum and I named Darla Boo, I wanted to call her darla, mum wanted to call her boo so we compromised.

We took on a 6 year old rescue a couple of months ago. Went to the local shelter looking for a short hairdd tabby or ginger, came home with a white & grey chinchilla. He was originally named peekachoo, couldn't live with that so I named him Winston, which suits him so much, he just looks like a sir.

My lizards are my work babies, my co worker and I are co owners, we brought half of everything pretty much. She named her lizard Booba and mine is Harold. I wanted to call Harold Tank but was told no. So Harold it was.

The fish were work pets but ive taken them home after a shift of rooms, my co worker didn't want to be dealing with both lots of animals. I have 8 comets and two fan tails, their names are Hoot, Storm, Wierdo, Hitler, Sparkles, Ping, Pong, Gus, Bert and Noob. Snails are called Molly and Hurr.

Some came with names already that I left as is, I named the newbies I put in recently and both snails. Molly just seems like a little lady snail, Hurr is crazy, every time you look at the tank he is up to something different and in a new spot. Ping and Pong are the fantails, thought they needed matching names. And I was banned from naming fish at work after the two I did name early in the year (Barry and Wayne) died soon after being named.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »
Aaw, I love all these stories and photos!  ^.^

My doggies are both from rescues as personally I will only ever have rescues while there are homeless animals being PTS. Our first girl, Sabah, was so named when we got her as a pup and we decided it suited her perfectly so it stayed! Our second girl was was originally called Tex, but she was definitely not a Tex :huh:. We toyed around with names but in the end we settled on Biffy, after Scottish band Biffy Clyro, which suits her perfectly I think, as she is mad, ginger and Scottish! :lol:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
We have 6 cats, all rescues.  For the most part they get along, but Slick likes to pick fights and then when he gets smacked he comes running to me!

Ember Lily - she was born to a neighborhood cat in my coworker's area.  The mama cat was killed by a dog and Ember was the only kitten found.  We got her at 4 weeks old and I bottled fed her for a month, taking her back and forth with me to the office.  She was a very good girl.  :)  We named her after ponies because she was about the same size as one when we got her, but we almost named her Bitey (because she bites) and Ripley (after "Alien," because she's a black cat with very white teeth and when she attacks out of the darkness all you see is a streak of black with big teeth).

Fuzzy McGuirk and Slick Dwayne - I found the boys at the library.  Fuzzy was running around the entrance and I felt bad for him (and also thought baby Ember would like a friend) so I told the librarians I would take him.  They told me there was a second kitten out there, stuck in a storm drain!  :O  Another patron was fishing him out, and when they gave him to me he was a mess.  He was obviously sick, so much so I didn't expect him to live.  Both boys were starving, and I took them to the emergency vet right away.  Slick got all kinds of medicine and they told me to take them home and bathe them and feed them, and just hope Slick would live.  Well, he did!  Now he's my baby.  The boys are named after their coats (Fuzzy is a longhair and Slick a short) and characters from "Home Movies."  They are inseparable.

Flora Lynn was skulking around a friend's neighborhood when I found her.  She was starving and had been there for weeks in the middle of winter, stealing food from another cat when she could.  I decided to save her when I saw her (I'm a sucker for silver and white cats), so we shook a tin of treats at her and she bolted over.  Once I had her eating I scooped her up and dumped her in the car with me.  She looked around once, then settled beside me and didn't say a word.  I took her to the vet and we discovered she had been shaved for surgery and had a huge hole under one arm!  Someone had owned her, obviously, but a quick call to all the vets in the area showed none of them reporting her missing, no flyers ever showed up, and no one responded to my ads for her, so we spent about $5k diagnosing why her arm wouldn't heal up.  She went to the university vet med school and stayed a week with them.  She was so good they asked if they could keep her!  She's named after an Enya song, and Stevie Nicks's middle name.

The rest of them in my next post- I reached my text limit!

Post Merge: June 19, 2014, 03:22:43 PM

Stevie Peeps was a young kitten in a flea market when Aadra310 found her.  We couldn't believe someone would dump such a sweet , beautiful little Siamese mix, so I took her home.  She had the worst ear mites my vet has ever seen, and she was starving.  I was all set to give her to my boss when my husband put his foot down.  Stevie was HIS little girl!  She's named after Stevie Nicks (because she makes about as much noise AND sense as a song from Stevie's cocaine days) and for the noise she makes most of the time. 

Jupiter Elizabeth is probably the saddest story.  :(  We were driving to work on morning on the highway when we saw a small cat on a retaining wall.  By the time we realized she was a cat and not a piece of garbage we were a mile or so away.  I pulled over and walked back to get her, in sandals in the rain.  I couldn't believe she let me pick her up and carry her back to the car with all the other traffic roaring by!  When I dumped her in the back seat we could see she was messed up.  Her face and mouth were misshapen and bleeding.  I dropped my husband off at work and took he to the first vet I found.  He determined she had either fallen out of or thrown from a car, based on the injuries to the rest of her body.  Whatever happened to her, she'd been dragged with her mouth scraping the ground, which either broke off or ground down all of her canines and some of her small front teeth.  Her jaw was broken, and she had a huge open spot between her shoulder blades where something had been driven up under her skin, which is probably what dragged her.  She had been owned, as she was fat, spayed, declawed, and otherwise healthy.  No one looked for her.  No one wanted her.  We kept her.  She lost 5 teeth (3 of which were her canines.  Her one remaining canine is shorter as it was cracked and had to be filed down).  We named her Jupiter because she had a Great Red Spot of road rash on her head, and the Elizabeth came from the name that popped into my head when she looked at me.  The giant hole in her back?  All the hair in it turned gray, so we call that spot Ganymede, after Jupiter's largest gray moon.  Other scars on her body came in gray too and they all have names of moons too.  So, she's a brown tabby with several gray spots.  She's perfectly healthy now and since she kept all her molars isn't on a restricted diet.  :)

WHEW!  I have a lot of cats!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:22:43 PM by Skeen »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal