collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 46506 times)

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #495 on: June 25, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
The mane itself doesn't bother me- at a point where most of the brushables are not only the same few characters, but in the same molds, I welcome something new (hopefully they're bendable.) It just looks really cheaply done to me, especially compared to the doll, which photoshopped or not looks like more care went into the design.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Hasbro is deliberately sabotaging its pony line at this point to further justify focusing on Equestria Girls- between this and the pathetic line up of retail brushables, it really feels like they just don't want to make ponies anymore. 

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
I never watched the episode (in fact I pretty much gave up on FiM in general), but this isn't making me want to change that lol. Had the pony been well done I think it could have worked, but as it is... bleh.

And I hate the fact that they can't even change the eye mold on the SDCC pony for goodness sake. It looks like she hasn't slept in days and has horrible under-eye bags! Not worth the price tag at all.

At least these last two years have saved me the stress. I actually liked the FS Muffin Pony, and it was combat trying to get her. In hindsight, though, I'm happy that I did, because I have a feeling she was the last of the brushable exclusives for a while  :( Especially if the EQ doll does better than the pony.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
if they're gonna give us a mane-iac pony at that price point she should have at least been a brushable FS pony, or have SLH. but sadly hasbro can't do that cuz apparently they only know how to cater to bronies who must be terrified by the thought of having a toy with brushable hair. I mean, god forbid they have something girly in their collection! :facepalm: /sarcasm

Honestly, that seems to be the case. At least it is on EQD. Every time they get posted, you get more than a handful going "Ew, brushable. Do not want." or "Molded manes are better." or "It's too girly because of the hair."  -_- Like...really? You're into colorful ponies and THAT'S where you guys draw the line? Alrighty, then.

I was hoping for a FS this year. I won't be getting this. :huh: I like molded manes when done right...but not tentacle hair. And this is coming from (what looks like) the only person here that liked DJ.

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #498 on: June 25, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »
Definitely not what I was expecting.

Looking at the photo of the pony figure though, I'm starting to think the mane and tail are actually posable (not the curled ends, but the middle).  Look at the way it's positioned, it's as if the molded hair was quickly posed for the photo. Also they couldn't possibly package the toy easily with the mane stretched out like that. I'm guessing the mane and tail coils will be pulled together for packaging purposes. Also, last years DJ figure had a gimmick (the bling and the light up stage), so it makes sense that this year's pony would have one too.

All that said, I was hoping for something for us collectors this year. I didn't hate the DJ figure last year, but as others have said, I was hoping for something prettier like the art ponies we used to get. Maybe the pony doll will look better in person? They didn't give us the most flattering photo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #499 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »
Wait, what?

NO.

Hasbro, stahp.

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »
I want the doll but I'm not gong to the fair of SDCC (you know there's this big wet puddle between me and both of them and I don't have a passport or the money to get over lol)

Carrie

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2014, 10:29:54 AM »
Who do we have to kill to get a nice Discord or Queen Chrysalis figure?  Those are highly loved within the Brony Community!  Mane-iac?  Not so much.

Heck, I'd love to have them make the Discord Lamp.  Now THAT would be an amazing exclusive. 

OK, for $50 I would buy that =)  I need a new lamp.

Man, I'm disappointed.  I haven't seen this episode yet, so I have no connection with any of the characters, but mostly I'm just bummed about the hair.  I bought last year's anyway, 'cause I wanted to have all the exclusives someday, and I hoped she'd grow on me.  She's actually lost value for what I paid from the hasbro toy shop, and she still hasn't grown on me. 

I've come to the conclusion that, in my heart, they are just not 'My Little Ponies' to me unless they have brushable hair, and are actually ponies.  Bring back the art ponies!!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2014, 10:30:30 AM »
if they're gonna give us a mane-iac pony at that price point she should have at least been a brushable FS pony, or have SLH. but sadly hasbro can't do that cuz apparently they only know how to cater to bronies who must be terrified by the thought of having a toy with brushable hair. I mean, god forbid they have something girly in their collection! :facepalm: /sarcasm

Honestly, that seems to be the case. At least it is on EQD. Every time they get posted, you get more than a handful going "Ew, brushable. Do not want." or "Molded manes are better." or "It's too girly because of the hair."  -_- Like...really? You're into colorful ponies and THAT'S where you guys draw the line? Alrighty, then.

I was hoping for a FS this year. I won't be getting this. :huh: I like molded manes when done right...but not tentacle hair. And this is coming from (what looks like) the only person here that liked DJ.

I liked DJ too. Considering she had this light function, was as tall as a fashion style pony and had swarovski elements, i think she was worth her price a lot more than this thing.

Offline Eurocoin

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
Anyways looking forward to seeing the Funko ponies hope it's today!

Today's Funko reveals are out, but no ponies yet.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »
I liked DJ too. Considering she had this light function, was as tall as a fashion style pony and had swarovski elements, i think she was worth her price a lot more than this thing.

Yup.  The swarovski elements and the light function at least increased her value.  Especially those crystals.  But this is just a possibly posable bit of plastic.  I don't understand the price.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2014, 10:34:46 AM »

At least I wasn't the only one then! I always figured that DJ was $50 because of the swarovski elements and the lights. But I guess not since this set is $50 too. I feel that DJ was worth her price more for the same reasons.

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »
I'm pleased from a fan stand-point, EXCEPT that it isn't brushable. Kinda lame. They should've made it some sort of hair styling set.

Nonetheless, will be gladly passing this one up.
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2014, 10:45:27 AM »
interesting.
wonder if the dll is jointed.
if she is i might be interested, but knowing me i'd just use her for customs, so probably best for me to avoid.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »
Boy I am glad I didn't buy a fair ticket with the exclusive - that would have been a waste of money!  This is more disappointing of a fair pony than DJ last year! Hasbro needs to bring back the G3 ponies for the fair exclusive and keep these weird exclusives for Comic Con.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:51:46 AM by apanda0622 »

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »
This was totally unexpected!  I am not in love with her.  If her hair is posable then that would be something but as it is I'm not willing to pay $50 on her.  Maybe $20-25 but not 50.

I also really miss the art ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal