collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

thoughts on the SDCC exclusive?

want the pony & spike
want the doll
want both
don't want either
*shakes fist @ hasbro!*

Author Topic: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVES ON HASBRO TOYSHOP  (Read 46485 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: SDCC exclusive - EXCLUSIVE REVEALED!!! Page 26
« Reply #510 on: June 25, 2014, 10:52:09 AM »
Wish Funko did new characters for SDCC, hasbro should really leave the molded hair for Funko they do it better, would have been awesome if Funko would have made spike and maniac they would have made them better I know maniac would have had more tentacles and they would have been lager and more accurate.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

evafortuna

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #511 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
Agreed. Bleergh. Although the doll at least and spike look better than the pony.

Wait, what?

NO.

Hasbro, stahp.

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:58 AM »
WOW I guess this is the end of My Little Pony for me. I have absolutely nothing to look forward to anymore. Good on Hasbro for keeping the Bronies happy, but even then I don't think they will give a dash about the EQG version of the doll. I wish Hasbro good luck on the sales part.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

CorpseyPuff

« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »
Marigold!  Yes, I am indeed the maker of My Little Demon ^_^

Malicieuse - Having not watched the current season, I was not familiar with this character.  Wow....Hasbro could have done *SO* much more with her than....this.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #514 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:55 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
wow i thought we had touch bottom with the Djpon3 last year, Dang it Hasbro :(

well more money for real ponies :) Vintage G2 ponies fund just increased !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #515 on: June 25, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »
So bumped out! 50% of me going to the fair is to get the exclusive and now 2 years in a row with disappointment :(

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #516 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:21 AM »
Wish Funko did new characters for SDCC, hasbro should really leave the molded hair for Funko they do it better, would have been awesome if Funko would have made spike and maniac they would have made them better I know maniac would have had more tentacles and they would have been lager and more accurate.

That they are doing molded hair at all is a travesty to the MY Little Pony line. And since some of us are not into Funko I don't think we care what they do over in F-land. This thing is a mockery of what MLP is supposed to be.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:46 AM »
I am relieved I can save the $ and part of me is just like 'Alright do what you want, hasbro. I don't even care. I'll just stop collecting if you don't make things I like.'  :relaxed: but can't help but say I am so disappointed in the direction hasbro is taking MLP and these being this year's exclusive epitomizes it. I mean this must have been planned so far back. That Power Ponies episode was likely something hasbro told the studio to do just because they thought offering a comic-themed pony for the con this year would be cool (That episode was sooo out of place). It's just so obviously contrived, and then poorly executed (IMO). I shouldn't be surprised at hasbro's decision making at this point but I want cute and pretty ponies back too.  :snow:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 25, 2014, 11:08:40 AM »

That they are doing molded hair at all is a travesty to the MY Little Pony line. And since some of us are not into Funko I don't think we care what they do over in F-land. This thing is a mockery of what MLP is supposed to be.

I think it's possible that the reason Hasbro went the molded hair route is because of the popularity  of the funko line among bronies. 

$50 for a regular size G4 is outrageous, regardless of the fact that it's like 1.5 figures because Spike is included. I miss the G3 art ponies, they were gorgeous, affordable and a perfect addition to my collection.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:15 AM »
I am relieved I can save the $ and part of me is just like 'Alright do what you want, hasbro. I don't even care. I'll just stop collecting if you don't make things I like.'  :relaxed: but can't help but say I am so disappointed in the direction hasbro is taking MLP and these being this year's exclusive epitomizes it. I mean this must have been planned so far back. That Power Ponies episode was likely something hasbro told the studio to do just because they thought offering a comic-themed pony for the con this year would be cool (That episode was sooo out of place). It's just so obviously contrived, and then poorly executed (IMO). I shouldn't be surprised at hasbro's decision making at this point but I want cute and pretty ponies back too.  :snow:

oh no hasbro cant do cute and pretty ponys anymore..that would offend the Bronys. /sarcaim
i am so.. underwhelmed and glad   i   didnt waste  moeny on this.  but its sad to  see thatt hey care more about blind bags and he dolls hten they do the ponys.   IF this set were less then  50.00 maybe..  but nope its crap.

but hey hasbro  hears people say WE want villans!   we dont want hair..  instead of giving us an  AWESOME villan  like Discord where    i dont think he has hair?  or  Queen crhyslais they give us this crap  mess.

and its obivualy just the reisses of the  princess mold. withou the wings.

and i agree this thing is just..  crap. and am ockery this isnt mlp..

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:15 AM »
At least my money can go toward the Build A Bear AJ and Zecora now :3

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »

while i think funko does have good quality and all, the figures are very static.... the pose is all the same, so holds little interest for me personally.

i like molded hair and brushable hair.
Spoiler
when i was younger ponies were a toy to play with, now they are too things. something to sell, and something to display. kids can still play with the molded hair ponies, i know some do.
but isn't it a moot point? hasbro will release what they release. i'm pretty sure i'll never see a release of the pony or doll i'm looking for, so i make them myself. no big.
i do like pony toys, but it's not the end all for me. only reason i got back into them after all these years, was because of the tv show. and that's what's rebirthed their popularity. so it makes sense that they base their releases off of that. i'm guessing there is a room full of prototypes and ideas, and through a major process of elimnation they chose this one this year. pretty sure they didn't think.... hmmm what will make half of our fan base unhappy? ok lets go with that. who knows. either way it could be much worse.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2014, 11:19:26 AM »
I like them, but they probably could have picked something better like Tirek or Sombra. Is Spike stuck to her?  :shocked: I really hope not.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »
No no no. I'm done Hasbro.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
I like the pony but it's too expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal