collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...  (Read 9965 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
I... don't believe in spirits or ghosts or anything, but I love a good story! :D I just wish I had something to contribute. No matter what you do or don't believe in, sometimes we all have those "well that's weird" moments but nothings coming to me. This is super fun though.

*calls to bedroom* Hear that, girls? Get up to some mischief so I can report back my findings!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Magdalen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:48 PM »
I have had those weird/creepy/scarey moments but never with my ponies.  Things that just can't be explained.  I even had a witness one time.  He heard the same thing I did and we both couldn't figure it out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »
I once had a trade-partner claimed that my "bad energy" was ruining the ponies I sent her, does that count? :P

(Of course, she couldn't send them back, because that would cost her money, but she wanted me to know that she WANTED to, you see! ;))
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 06:37:56 AM »
I once had a bag of chocolates on my desk next to a Pinkie Pie plush. I walked away for a moment, and when I came back most of the chocolates were missing. And I'm sure I didn't eat any myself...
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 06:54:40 AM »
I have had those weird/creepy/scarey moments but never with my ponies.  Things that just can't be explained.  I even had a witness one time.  He heard the same thing I did and we both couldn't figure it out.

I can relate to this.

I don't know does this count to be pony-related weird story since I have one bait pony and no matter what I do, no design is good for her. I've re-done her like five times but no. It's like she doesn't want to be another pony. Usually my baits "tell" me what they want to become but this one pony, maybe I just wash off her paints.

Oh, just remembered, one of my customs creeps me out.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:12:54 AM by divalei »

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 07:14:59 AM »
AH! What a strange thread!! I just had an incident recently with one of my ponies!!! I swear my Funko Trixie is alive! xD No matter where I put her in the toy room....she ends up on the floor! One time the top AND bottom of the box was actually opened! I think she was either trying to escape or working on a magic trick. The Great and Apologetic Trrrrixe will now dissappear! SPLAT   LOL! I dont believe in any type of supernatural forces like ghosts or spirits, but it was a fun experience! It could just be my husband messing with me.
 :what:

*goes to read everyone elses stories*

Post Merge: April 23, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

OMG hahaha I have another creepy pony experience! So I have the storyteller Twilight Sparkle, right- that already creepy animatronic twilight that talks and has arrow buttons on her leg. Back when I used to have a few mlp plushies (LOL... before the addiction got out of control) I had to of rolled over on my side of the bed and accidently touched her. So in middle of the night she started talking and singing!! My husband woke up and freaked the crud out! Now the ponies stay in the closet LOL!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:28:19 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
I once had a trade-partner claimed that my "bad energy" was ruining the ponies I sent her, does that count? :P

(Of course, she couldn't send them back, because that would cost her money, but she wanted me to know that she WANTED to, you see! ;))

Lol, I wonder if a pony can also be filled with positive energy and how that's supposed to manifest. Or if I could fill a pony with negative energy on purpose. I mean, I could just scream at it, right? Or make it watch slasher movies :lol:

Offline Hope1989

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hope's My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
Well... The only (as I remember) story I can tell is that my big (50cm) Pinkie likes to "hug" me in the middle of the night ^^' I mean really... she did it 2-3 times :P I'm lying peacefully in my bed and hear strange sound and then she's falling on me...! In the daytime she doesn't do that, even if someone's lying on my bed in the same way (I was thinking I touched her or sth but no...)
WTB! Sdcc 2013 Exclusives My Little Pony DJ Pon-3
Have 2 Crystal Empire Promo Packs NIP for sale! Interested in? Write me ^^
My collection: old thread 1 , old thread 2 NEW ONE:happy:
FB page
Wishlist

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
Geez! These are giving me the jitters.
Vowing off of any toys that make noise ever. Even for my kids. From this thread and bad experiences as a kid.
Rethinking thift shopping and trades, I don't want no bad mojo.
And ceramic dolls creep me out more than ever. They're beautiful, but always just feel too... vessel like if you know what i mean.
I feel like ceramic dolls attract things.
I don't believe in ghosts because catholics aren't supposed to supposively. But I do believe in demons and malicious spirits.

Electronic toys going off is the worse, I've had it happen to me when I was much younger.
One of the reasons I actually love my herd is because they're all so positive and happy. Everyone has crosses pegged above our door too, so it helps me feel safe.

No creepy doll stories, but my wall used to knock at me. I'm 80% sure it was an animal on the roof/attic/insulation now because it stopped after a couple years, and usually occurred in the spring, which sounds like an animal pattern of nesting or something.
However I swore I heard it from my display cabinent one time, but it was probably just the weight shifting or an ear trick. Never did it again, however I also have a rosary on it now(which is also above the head of my bed).

I had a toy frog that went off in the middle of the night one time, across my old room, then on cue my door creaked open all the way. Which I then ran out of promptly to hide in my parents room.
We couldn't find it for two days then it showed up. I made my dad lock it away in a filing cabinent. Then out of a fit of fear awhile later i cut it's head off and threw away the voice box.

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 11:36:43 AM »
I'm working on taking the eyes out of a BBE Baby Sundance. The poor girl looks enough like a zombie in the first place. Combine that with needing to soften her up in hot water and the sheer amount of rust in her head...:yikes: Nightmare fuel!
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:14 PM »
Geez! These are giving me the jitters.
Vowing off of any toys that make noise ever. Even for my kids. From this thread and bad experiences as a kid.

Found another person who doesn't like noisy toys! I was browsing the doll section in a toy shop looking for Novi Stars when the ponies from another shelf started to sing. They startled me even if they sung the 'My Little Pony' theme.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 01:03:56 PM »
I had a toy frog that went off in the middle of the night one time, across my old room, then on cue my door creaked open all the way. Which I then ran out of promptly to hide in my parents room.
We couldn't find it for two days then it showed up. I made my dad lock it away in a filing cabinent. Then out of a fit of fear awhile later i cut it's head off and threw away the voice box.

Yikes! That is really freaky.

I remember that one time at the old house I had these little dollhouse figures that I lost once. We looked all over everywhere and then one day Mom found them in the middle of the floor, where we walked every day and where definitely nothing had been before. It's possible my brother somehow found them in his stuff and put them on the floor, which is what he did other times in similar situations. But on the other hand ...

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
In my house up north my family were all gone and the hair dryer in the washroom started going. I went in there and it had stopped.....but it was unplugged and still warm.

cleverLC

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
All beddy bye eye ponies are creepy.

My house is haunted to begin with so its hard to tell if any ponies are haunted on their own or are just being moved around by the resident ghosts. Small things go missing daily in our house. They eventually re-appear, sometimes exactly where you looked for them a dozen times and sometimes in strange, random places. Ponies go missing as well and re-appear later.

My daughter has a collection of talking dolls/toys/ponies that start talking randomly when no one is near them.

The shelf that my special ponies are on loses ponies constantly. Blind bag ponies "walk" off the shelf all the time, sometimes on a daily basis. Blind bag glitter pinkie pie is the worst, but she doesnt stand very well on her own and always takes her neighbors down with her.

I'm creeped out by BBEs too.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 03:07:34 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts or anything, but there's this I guess.

When I was a kid I for some reason had my sister sleep in my room one night, I guess I was scared or something, or she was scared. She's just a year and a half younger than I am. I was probably like 11, so she was like 10. I woke up to her saying my name in the middle of the night. She was sitting up in bed and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking near the door where my big pony shelf was. She said my name again, "Jen, what are you doing over there?" She was speaking to nothing. Scared, I said her name and said, "I'm right here." She gasped and snapped her head my way and when she looked back to where she was looking before, whoever she saw looked at her and was gone.

When I asked her about it more, she said the girl looked just like me, only she was wearing an old style dress, and she was on the floor kneeling, staring at my ponies. Well, I've always been told I look identical to my late aunt by the whole family. And the shelf I had my ponies on was the shelf my aunt used to have her cat collection on, we had just moved it to my room and put my things on it a while earlier.

My sister insists to this day she wasn't dreaming. I dunno, kind of an interesting story I guess. :P

OMG I have a story like that!!!  Sadly, not related to ponies, but the incident did take place on a former ranch, where they definitely had a lot of horses!

Specifically, my grandparent's ranch in Tehachapi, CA, which was basically the main house and two caretaker houses of the "Old West Ranch" a cattle/horse ranch that had it's heyday in 1849 thereabouts.  I can even give you a visual, since it was put up for sale when the grandparents got sick and moved out (never did sell).

So when we were growing up, my family and my cousin's family, and all the kids would go up to visit a few times a year.  During one visit, my cousin Eric and I (we were about 11/12) overheard my dad in the kitchen trying to collect all the kids to go pick rocks out of the field.   I proposed we hide out behind the beds in the back bedroom so we wouldn't have to help.  After a fairly short period of time, my ADHD kicked in and I decided that helping out was better than being bored, so I proposed we join them.  I opened the door from the great-room leading out into the field, and saw a lady walking on the lawn under the apple treas in front of us.   We stopped dead because she was wearing super old-timey clothes- a huge bulky dress, long sleaves, a bonnet-looking hat and even a small parasol!  I couldn't see her face, and she didn't look over.  I remember thinking she must be hot.  (It was summer).  We didn't go out the door or say a word.   I had a very very unsettled feeling.  I shut the door quietly and turned to Eric- "WHO WAS THAT?" 

He said-  "Oh, it must be Fern, Grandma's sister."  She was supposed to arrive that day sometime.  I had never met her, so figured since my grandma was weird, maybe Fern was even weirder.  Relieved, we ran back through the old house into the kitchen (on the other end of the house) where my mom and grandma were fixing lunch to announce her arrival.  My mom was like, "well where is she?" They didn't understand why we hadn't gone out to greet her, and I couldn't explain why she had freaked me out- except the clothing thing.  Everyone piled outside to say hello or find her, and she wasn't there.  More adults arrived, and were perplexed at the report of grandma's sister, and also joined in looking around the house, the yard, the pond- all the likely spots.  Nothing.  Finally someone thought to check the parking lot (on the far side of the barn) and realized there was no additional car.   They all concluded that I had pulled off an elaborate hoax.  I swore that we were telling the truth, but nobody believed me.    Later, grandma's sister DID arrive, and she was a very regular-looking old lady in a polyester pant suit.   I continued to swear that the lady hadn't been a fabrication, and my mom concluded that maybe it had just been some weird lady poking around, who liked to dress up.    Seriously?  The nearest house is like 5 miles away, and all of the neighbors are very well known.

A few years later... more scary

We were back at the ranch, and the older "kids" (my older sister, 2 cousins and I) were playing cards in the old great room to pass time before dinner.  It was kind of dark because the lights are powered by solar or generator, so the parents enforce energy conservation.  Well of course we got to talking about the incident above, and speculating about the history of the ranch, wondering if terrible things had ever happened there, concluding that due to the age of the place, someone MUST have died there at some point, and wondering what we'd found if we searched through old news records.  We finished our game and I started messing around with the cards, jokingly asking the cards to "channel the spirits" and answer red for yes, black for no, high card for strong answer.  Sounds goofy, but I remember the answers were immediately very responsive and downright spooky.   Finally I asked "Are you in the room?" and flipped a red king.  I asked "Are you angry with us?" and flipped a red ace.  I think we had stopped laughing by now and my cousin asked me to stop.  I looked up across the room just then and saw my little sister (age 7) crouched over in the dark, near the sofa on the far side of the room.  I concluded she was spying on us because we had told her she was too young to play.  Feeling spooked and angry at her for looking so scary, I yelled out  "Emily we know you are there! We see you!"  Everyone turned as she jumped up and rushed out of the room... towards the dark hall/back bedrooms.  It was definitely a little girl the same size as my sister, with long dark hair, so I felt a little more bold and chased after her.  But when I got around the corner and saw that the hallway and rooms were dark, I started to feel doubly scared.  My little sister was (and is) absolutely terrified of the dark, and would NEVER run into a dark bedroom, even for a joke.  My older sister and cousins rushed into the bedrooms and turned on the lights and looked in the closets and under the beds.  No Em. 

I think we all looked around at each other at the same time and had the same freaked out look-  I don't remember who broke and ran first but we all streaked through the house into the well-lit adult-filled kitchen, pulling the door closed behind us.  Feeling much safer and more normal, I complained to my mom that Emily had been trying to freak us out and told her what had happened.  She looked at us like we were crazy and said, no, she's right there.  She was sitting at the table reading or something.  My cousin concluded that she must have darted out the back door, and back in through the kitchen, and the adults either didn't notice or were in on it.   I was like, "Yeah... that's probably it." But I knew that Emily would never in a million years run out into the dark just for a joke.  All of the kids spent the night in the kitchen or on the floor just outside the kitchen door that night. 

Saw other weird things, but those stand out as inexplicable, scary and just plain weird.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal