collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...  (Read 10039 times)

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
Re: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:05 PM »
I've not had any scary ponies but those with electronic ponies talking by their self - I had as a child a tickle me elmo and a cuddly pikachu who would say his name when cuddled. Both would go off by themselves in the middle of the night. I got so terrified by Elmo my mum had to get rid of him. I know the pikachu spoke every time we turned the lights on and off.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »
I once had a trade-partner claimed that my "bad energy" was ruining the ponies I sent her, does that count? :P

(Of course, she couldn't send them back, because that would cost her money, but she wanted me to know that she WANTED to, you see! ;))

Lol, I wonder if a pony can also be filled with positive energy and how that's supposed to manifest. Or if I could fill a pony with negative energy on purpose. I mean, I could just scream at it, right? Or make it watch slasher movies :lol:

I think ponies can be filled with positive energy! I get a really great feeling when I look at my ponies- especially my childhood ponies and actually my customs too.   :biggrin:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
I haven't had any weird pony experiences myself, but I'm really enjoying reading these and getting just a little freaked out!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 07:40:25 PM »
Here's one I've never spoken of IRL:
In 2001 I was working at a veterinary clinic and had prior only had mild allergic reactions to cats. Itchy pallete, little hives, stuffy, runny nose. But one day i stopped breathing completely and went into anaphylactic shock. I wasn't able to get any oxygen into my system for a few minutes (thankfully I knew yoga breathing exercises and slowed my gasping and panic response) and because of that I had some brain damage. I'd lost all my memories from high school, couldn't remember my phone number or boyfriend...I kind of recognized my sister, but it was like all i could remember was her as a child, and not at all as an adult, so it was like seeing a childhood friend for the first time aftter 20 years.
Anyway, they didn't have room in intensive care for me, so they had to keep me in the Emergency department and care for me on a constant basis for about 5 days. About 48 hours after i'd been admitted, a lady was brought in and pretty much abandoned by her (I found out later) son and daughter in-law. For HOURS she lay on a bed outside my room but out of my vision. She kept crying that she had to go to the bathroom, but nurse after nurse kept walking past her...sometimes with a gentle "Someone will be with you soon, sweetheart...I'm sorry we can't help you yet." I was like WTF, this woman just wants to take a LEAK! She kept crying that she needed help...she needed to pee, but still the nurses kept walking past, giving her gentle talks or just passing her by. It was obvious the lady was in distress, but i was hooked up to so many IV's and was so weak from the attack that I wasn't in any condition to do it.
Finally a nurse came into my room and I asked her why noone was helping the elderly lady in the hall. The nurse said they were waiting for a translator for her. I said "you don't need a translator, the woman's been crying out there that she has to go to the bathroom...she can't move because of her hips and the surgery she had recently." The nurse looked at me and asked me how long i'd been fluent in Mandarin Chinese. I didn't know whatshe was talking about. I'd never met anyone who spoke Mandarin Chinese, let alone understand it! She went out and assisted the old woman, and left me wondering if she was just screwing with my head, or if something WEIRD had just happened.
I never spoke to anyone about it until now, because I was afraid people would think I was nuts or making it up.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »
Oh, gosh yes, you sit in the room and stare at them and all those eyes are staring back into your soul...

I found it kinda creepy, this baby came with a special surprise inside...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
I once had a trade-partner claimed that my "bad energy" was ruining the ponies I sent her, does that count? :P

(Of course, she couldn't send them back, because that would cost her money, but she wanted me to know that she WANTED to, you see! ;))

Lol, I wonder if a pony can also be filled with positive energy and how that's supposed to manifest. Or if I could fill a pony with negative energy on purpose. I mean, I could just scream at it, right? Or make it watch slasher movies :lol:

I think ponies can be filled with positive energy! I get a really great feeling when I look at my ponies- especially my childhood ponies and actually my customs too.   :biggrin:

See, that's really a cute concept! I'd like to think that all the ponies I pamper and send out into the world bring happiness to their new owners. :heart:

That said, I like to imagine that my terrible trade-partner wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night with all of the ponies gathered around her bed ... "send us home ... SEND US HOME!" :lmao:

(She only said it to upset me, I'm sure, since she turned out to be a terrible person anyway. XD But it's a funny mental image!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
Wow, Galactica, that is one freaky ranch! A pretty place, but definitely filled with strangeness.

SeashellnBubbles, your story is pretty neat. :) That's cool that you were somehow able to understand what the lady needed!

Oh, gosh yes, you sit in the room and stare at them and all those eyes are staring back into your soul...

What is the surprise? I can make out a Big Bird card and what almost looks like some diamonds. LOL. That would definitely be a surprise I could do with. :) Soo much money to buy Ponies!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
I don't believe in ghosts or anything, but there's this I guess.

When I was a kid I for some reason had my sister sleep in my room one night, I guess I was scared or something, or she was scared. She's just a year and a half younger than I am. I was probably like 11, so she was like 10. I woke up to her saying my name in the middle of the night. She was sitting up in bed and she wasn't looking at me, she was looking near the door where my big pony shelf was. She said my name again, "Jen, what are you doing over there?" She was speaking to nothing. Scared, I said her name and said, "I'm right here." She gasped and snapped her head my way and when she looked back to where she was looking before, whoever she saw looked at her and was gone.

When I asked her about it more, she said the girl looked just like me, only she was wearing an old style dress, and she was on the floor kneeling, staring at my ponies. Well, I've always been told I look identical to my late aunt by the whole family. And the shelf I had my ponies on was the shelf my aunt used to have her cat collection on, we had just moved it to my room and put my things on it a while earlier.

My sister insists to this day she wasn't dreaming. I dunno, kind of an interesting story I guess. :P

OMG I have a story like that!!!  Sadly, not related to ponies, but the incident did take place on a former ranch, where they definitely had a lot of horses!

Specifically, my grandparent's ranch in Tehachapi, CA, which was basically the main house and two caretaker houses of the "Old West Ranch" a cattle/horse ranch that had it's heyday in 1849 thereabouts.  I can even give you a visual, since it was put up for sale when the grandparents got sick and moved out (never did sell).

So when we were growing up, my family and my cousin's family, and all the kids would go up to visit a few times a year.  During one visit, my cousin Eric and I (we were about 11/12) overheard my dad in the kitchen trying to collect all the kids to go pick rocks out of the field.   I proposed we hide out behind the beds in the back bedroom so we wouldn't have to help.  After a fairly short period of time, my ADHD kicked in and I decided that helping out was better than being bored, so I proposed we join them.  I opened the door from the great-room leading out into the field, and saw a lady walking on the lawn under the apple treas in front of us.   We stopped dead because she was wearing super old-timey clothes- a huge bulky dress, long sleaves, a bonnet-looking hat and even a small parasol!  I couldn't see her face, and she didn't look over.  I remember thinking she must be hot.  (It was summer).  We didn't go out the door or say a word.   I had a very very unsettled feeling.  I shut the door quietly and turned to Eric- "WHO WAS THAT?" 

He said-  "Oh, it must be Fern, Grandma's sister."  She was supposed to arrive that day sometime.  I had never met her, so figured since my grandma was weird, maybe Fern was even weirder.  Relieved, we ran back through the old house into the kitchen (on the other end of the house) where my mom and grandma were fixing lunch to announce her arrival.  My mom was like, "well where is she?" They didn't understand why we hadn't gone out to greet her, and I couldn't explain why she had freaked me out- except the clothing thing.  Everyone piled outside to say hello or find her, and she wasn't there.  More adults arrived, and were perplexed at the report of grandma's sister, and also joined in looking around the house, the yard, the pond- all the likely spots.  Nothing.  Finally someone thought to check the parking lot (on the far side of the barn) and realized there was no additional car.   They all concluded that I had pulled off an elaborate hoax.  I swore that we were telling the truth, but nobody believed me.    Later, grandma's sister DID arrive, and she was a very regular-looking old lady in a polyester pant suit.   I continued to swear that the lady hadn't been a fabrication, and my mom concluded that maybe it had just been some weird lady poking around, who liked to dress up.    Seriously?  The nearest house is like 5 miles away, and all of the neighbors are very well known.

A few years later... more scary

We were back at the ranch, and the older "kids" (my older sister, 2 cousins and I) were playing cards in the old great room to pass time before dinner.  It was kind of dark because the lights are powered by solar or generator, so the parents enforce energy conservation.  Well of course we got to talking about the incident above, and speculating about the history of the ranch, wondering if terrible things had ever happened there, concluding that due to the age of the place, someone MUST have died there at some point, and wondering what we'd found if we searched through old news records.  We finished our game and I started messing around with the cards, jokingly asking the cards to "channel the spirits" and answer red for yes, black for no, high card for strong answer.  Sounds goofy, but I remember the answers were immediately very responsive and downright spooky.   Finally I asked "Are you in the room?" and flipped a red king.  I asked "Are you angry with us?" and flipped a red ace.  I think we had stopped laughing by now and my cousin asked me to stop.  I looked up across the room just then and saw my little sister (age 7) crouched over in the dark, near the sofa on the far side of the room.  I concluded she was spying on us because we had told her she was too young to play.  Feeling spooked and angry at her for looking so scary, I yelled out  "Emily we know you are there! We see you!"  Everyone turned as she jumped up and rushed out of the room... towards the dark hall/back bedrooms.  It was definitely a little girl the same size as my sister, with long dark hair, so I felt a little more bold and chased after her.  But when I got around the corner and saw that the hallway and rooms were dark, I started to feel doubly scared.  My little sister was (and is) absolutely terrified of the dark, and would NEVER run into a dark bedroom, even for a joke.  My older sister and cousins rushed into the bedrooms and turned on the lights and looked in the closets and under the beds.  No Em. 

I think we all looked around at each other at the same time and had the same freaked out look-  I don't remember who broke and ran first but we all streaked through the house into the well-lit adult-filled kitchen, pulling the door closed behind us.  Feeling much safer and more normal, I complained to my mom that Emily had been trying to freak us out and told her what had happened.  She looked at us like we were crazy and said, no, she's right there.  She was sitting at the table reading or something.  My cousin concluded that she must have darted out the back door, and back in through the kitchen, and the adults either didn't notice or were in on it.   I was like, "Yeah... that's probably it." But I knew that Emily would never in a million years run out into the dark just for a joke.  All of the kids spent the night in the kitchen or on the floor just outside the kitchen door that night. 

Saw other weird things, but those stand out as inexplicable, scary and just plain weird.

Creepy!!!!!! Similar to mine but you guys were awake when you saw the people.  :shocked: Okay, so maybe I might believe in ghosts. I've had a couple more occurrences, one was just this summer. I dunno, I've had it in my head that someone had to have been screwing with us but it doesn't really make sense how.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »

What is the surprise? I can make out a Big Bird card and what almost looks like some diamonds. LOL. That would definitely be a surprise I could do with. :) Soo much money to buy Ponies!
It's the creepy king big bird picture that came inside. I think it's some kind of a hidden message (you know, that big bird worshipping cult)...  [har har]
(out of the hundreds of second hand ponies I've beheaded this is the only one that had something inside...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »

Here's one I've never spoken of IRL:
In 2001 I was working at a veterinary clinic and had prior only had mild allergic reactions to cats. Itchy pallete, little hives, stuffy, runny nose. But one day i stopped breathing completely and went into anaphylactic shock. I wasn't able to get any oxygen into my system for a few minutes (thankfully I knew yoga breathing exercises and slowed my gasping and panic response) and because of that I had some brain damage. I'd lost all my memories from high school, couldn't remember my phone number or boyfriend...I kind of recognized my sister, but it was like all i could remember was her as a child, and not at all as an adult, so it was like seeing a childhood friend for the first time aftter 20 years.
Anyway, they didn't have room in intensive care for me, so they had to keep me in the Emergency department and care for me on a constant basis for about 5 days. About 48 hours after i'd been admitted, a lady was brought in and pretty much abandoned by her (I found out later) son and daughter in-law. For HOURS she lay on a bed outside my room but out of my vision. She kept crying that she had to go to the bathroom, but nurse after nurse kept walking past her...sometimes with a gentle "Someone will be with you soon, sweetheart...I'm sorry we can't help you yet." I was like WTF, this woman just wants to take a LEAK! She kept crying that she needed help...she needed to pee, but still the nurses kept walking past, giving her gentle talks or just passing her by. It was obvious the lady was in distress, but i was hooked up to so many IV's and was so weak from the attack that I wasn't in any condition to do it.
Finally a nurse came into my room and I asked her why noone was helping the elderly lady in the hall. The nurse said they were waiting for a translator for her. I said "you don't need a translator, the woman's been crying out there that she has to go to the bathroom...she can't move because of her hips and the surgery she had recently." The nurse looked at me and asked me how long i'd been fluent in Mandarin Chinese. I didn't know whatshe was talking about. I'd never met anyone who spoke Mandarin Chinese, let alone understand it! She went out and assisted the old woman, and left me wondering if she was just screwing with my head, or if something WEIRD had just happened.
I never spoke to anyone about it until now, because I was afraid people would think I was nuts or making it up.

Oh that's cool!  Maybe you were reading her thoughts or something  :biggrin:   Poor lady who had to pee- 

It's the creepy king big bird picture that came inside. I think it's some kind of a hidden message (you know, that big bird worshipping cult)...  [har har]
(out of the hundreds of second hand ponies I've beheaded this is the only one that had something inside...)

Hah- that's funny-  a picture of baby big bird in the pony?  Def a Big Bird cult!!!!

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »
Not sure if this counts but... My pony plushies are on my bed and I sometimes sleep with them. A few weeks ago I slept with Fluttershy,woke up that morning to find I was hugging Twilight and Fluttershy was half way across my bedroom floor O_O Like so far I must have literally thrown her across the room in my sleep lol! I just found really weird....

Also (not pony related) random things seem to fall out of my wardrobe in the middle of the night and I swear I often hear the kettle being turned on in the night even though everybody else is asleep.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:41:08 AM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
Seashellnbubbles and Galactica- your stories are interesting! I love a good story like that! =D Especially the lady at the hospital who had to go the the bathroom! Both your stories gave me the chills! Also Galactica- I have ADHD too! My symptoms are so severe my doctors thought I had autism at first. When I was a toddler I was showing strong signs of spectrum and learning dissorder but as I got into elementry school I was later diagnosed with adhd after going to several neurologists for tests and brain scans. I still deal with my symptoms to this very day, almost like im totally unchanged from my childhood. I had to recently visit my doc to help me find out any all natural herbal vegan remedies for me.

I wish I had a cool freaky ghost story to tell!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:34 AM »
This topic makes me want to write a ghost story/creepypasta about my red-eyed Ty Beanie Rarity when she gets here XD

Offline DireRabbit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
Over at my cousin's house one night while we were both little (I was 12 and she was 7) it was storming quite violently. We both slept in her playroom on the floor like usual when I visit, and on one wall she had lots of toys on a tall shelf. I believe she had quite a few G3 ponies as well, I say this because I think she had a talking pony. Anyways, when the lightning would hit it would boom so very loudly the house would shake and it made several of her talking toys start saying things like they've been activated...they did this several times through the night. My cousin slept pretty heavily so I pretty much felt alone during the storm and the creepy talking toys. D:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »
Totally stalking this thread! I just love a good ghost story :) I do have some stories myself, however none are pony related, much to my relief! :P
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal