collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...  (Read 10034 times)

Offline loser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy, scary or just plain WEIRD pony stories...
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »
Not really a ghost story but it was definitely very unsettling when it happened  :(
Last summer i had picked up a few really baity g1's from a garage sale. I like to avoid popping off pony heads if i can, so after a surface wash i usually hold them up to a light so i can sort of see if there's any gunk on the inside that needs to be taken care of. Immediately i could tell something was definitely inside of  the moondancer i had picked up but i couldn't tell what it was??
Popped off her head and found out she was full of SEVERAL dead spiders, egg sacs and an unbelievable amount of webbing!!  :drunk:
Needless to say Moondancer is no longer in my collection  :yikes:

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Not really a ghost story but it was definitely very unsettling when it happened  :(
Last summer i had picked up a few really baity g1's from a garage sale. I like to avoid popping off pony heads if i can, so after a surface wash i usually hold them up to a light so i can sort of see if there's any gunk on the inside that needs to be taken care of. Immediately i could tell something was definitely inside of  the moondancer i had picked up but i couldn't tell what it was??
Popped off her head and found out she was full of SEVERAL dead spiders, egg sacs and an unbelievable amount of webbing!!  :drunk:

Ewwww, you made me think twice before buying ponies from a garage sale :yikes:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
This topic makes me want to write a ghost story/creepypasta about my red-eyed Ty Beanie Rarity when she gets here XD
Is she a factory error pony?  She sounds very striking!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »

Bleaak!  I don't have a problem with spiders- but that sounds pretty yucky.  Poor Moondancer...  *shudder*

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »
This topic makes me want to write a ghost story/creepypasta about my red-eyed Ty Beanie Rarity when she gets here XD
Is she a factory error pony?  She sounds very striking!

I've seen one seller who sells her. But the color choice is also just so odd..

PrincessGlitterBloom

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2014, 02:58:33 PM »

I continued to swear that the lady hadn't been a fabrication, and my mom concluded that maybe it had just been some weird lady poking around, who liked to dress up.    Seriously?  The nearest house is like 5 miles away, and all of the neighbors are very well known.

I always feel like explanations like this are more for everyone's piece of mind rather than a legit answer. If I ever hear something weird, or see something, whether it be in bed, or walking at night. Even if my reassurance answers don't make any sense, it's better than believing the creepy.

Offline elffypony

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
I have a really weird story about a talking toy.
My brothers both had these " Brian the brain" toys which was this talking brain who you asked questions to help you with your homework and he talked to you and said things about himself.

A month or so after my brother's received there's, they both stopped playing with them. They got put in the closet and weren't used.
Every night since then one of them would go off at about 2.30 am and start saying " I'm brian the brain".
It was TERRIFYING!!
The voice was so loud everyone in the house would hear it every time it went off.

And we got rid of it  :lol:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2014, 03:22:25 PM »
My brothers both had these " Brian the brain" toys which was this talking brain who you asked questions to help you with your homework and he talked to you and said things about himself.

A month or so after my brother's received there's, they both stopped playing with them. They got put in the closet and weren't used.
Every night since then one of them would go off at about 2.30 am and start saying " I'm brian the brain".
It was TERRIFYING!!
The voice was so loud everyone in the house would hear it every time it went off.

Haha- my little sister had a giant plush cat with a similar problem-  it was this huge grey fat plush cat- if you squeezed it it would say various things (that were hard to understand) something like "I'm tiggy will you be my huggy?" Or some crazy things-  and it would also laugh maniacally if you "tickled it" on the arms or something. 

It would also laugh maniacally late at night.  My sister hated it  :lol:   I THINK that probably it is just the battery degrading, but definitely not something you want to hear in the middle of the night :D

Offline Cyber-Satan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »
I haven't had that many experiences with creepy ponies, but I did have one when I was little.

I was putting all my ponies in a row along my windowsill, I used to have a thing about putting them in colour order. So they'd be grouped in pink purple blue etc.
So I was going through the order of the ponies as I normally did, picking them up from the floor when I was playing with them to line them up - but when I turned back around; one of the blue ponies had been moved to the very corner of my windowsill. I didn't think anything of it since I thought it was just me putting it there, so I moved it back and continued to put my ponies along the shelf.
When I left the room to have my dinner or something - I came back and the blue pony was back in the corner! I was freaked out, since I was only like 9 years old. I went and told my Mum about it and she said I was being silly, I probably just moved it without thinking about it. So I moved it back to the original place again.
I left it that, and nothing happened throughout the day until I went to bed.
It was mid-summer so I kept the window open so I wasn't hot, and there was a breeze during the night, and the ponies fell off the windowsill when a pretty tough breeze hit them. I got outta bed, and went to go pick them up again..and when I looked at the windowsill, the only pony that hadn't fallen over was the blue pony - but that was only because it was back in the corner.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
Oh yikes! Creepy. So what did you do then?

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 09:24:44 PM »

UGH!!!! How even?

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline elffypony

• Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2014, 11:24:03 PM »

It was TERRIFYING!!

Haha- my little sister had a giant plush cat with a similar problem-  it was this huge grey fat plush cat- if you squeezed it it would say various things (that were hard to understand) something like "I'm tiggy will you be my huggy?" Or some crazy things-  and it would also laugh maniacally if you "tickled it" on the arms or something. 

It would also laugh maniacally late at night.  My sister hated it  :lol:   I THINK that probably it is just the battery degrading, but definitely not something you want to hear in the middle of the night :D

That sounds way more creepy!  :blink:

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 12:20:43 AM »
Oh I love reading those stories :D

My mom once with her friends did try to contact ghosts. She was 16, had a book with an instruction on how to do it, what items she will need. She did everything by the book and as a result, a heavy-framed, old painting in the room moved making a lot of ruckus. No, there was only my mom and her friends in the other side of the room. No-one else had been in the house, nor in the neighborhood. The girls ran out of the house, scared and the braver ones scanned their surroundings, but they were truly alone so it only could been a ghost who moved that painting. Needless to say, my mom is scared to this day when anything paranormal or weird occurs. And because me and my dad are very sensitive and can feel energy or even act as a medium for it, she is having a real hard time with us :P

I have a wooden floor at my flat and in some places, when you step on the boards, it croaks, but only then. I'm kind of used to hearing footsteps or creaking noises when I'm completely alone at home - and when my dog isn't home too. I think it's the spirit of the dog I've grew up with that I loved as I sometimes miss her dearly.

My ponies aren't haunted, but I've experienced the negative/positive energy more than once! Strangely enough, I remember getting a swapbox, where all ponies had been gorgeous and made me smile and that one lone pony that gave me the shudders. I've tried everything I could with changing her energy, but nothing seemed to work. I traded it off eventually, because I just couldn't stand having her on my pony shelf. It was almost as other ponies wanted to stand away from her as well. I need to check if I have pics of her, because that was truly creepy. I bet my partner had a hard time getting her or something :blush:

And my SO is sometimes creeped out by my ponies saying there are way too many eyes on him :silly:

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 06:05:01 AM »
This is a true story, not about ponies, but it is about a toy, so you can imagine it happening with your ponies!

After the birth of my son, my brother gave me a present of a stuffed turtle who walks when you touch its back. One night, very late, in the dark living room, I am sitting awake with my newborn who won't sleep. My newborn is just staring at me I am talking to him. Both of his grandmothers are deceased. And I say to him, "Your grandmothers would love you so much!" Suddenly, the turtle goes off!
That was quite the creepy moment sitting alone with a baby in near darkness and feeling like there may be a spirit in the room!

It has gone off by itself at other times since then, but I can't get over what a strange coincidence it would be at that moment.
Since then I checked amazon reviews for this toy to see if other customers complained about it going off at random times. NO ONE else mentioned it.

Not to mention I took a photo at the cemetery for genealogy purposes and captured a moving white puff (not a perfectly round "orb") and have been creeped out by that ever since!

PandoraFox

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 08:02:57 AM »
I've never really had my ponies or other collections pull funny things on me. A few cases of "how did you end up on the floor? O.o" aside.
I do have a habit of talking to them and such when I work on them and end up feeling sort of guilty when I take a long time restoring them.

Did have a creepy experience around here a while back though.
My young stepbrother has a radio/cd player combo. He listens to story cds on it to help him fall asleep.
During the summer holidays he spends 3 weeks on vacation with his biological father, and hence he's not home or using the radio.
2 weeks into this period, when I'm home alone, I walk past my stepbrothers room to hear his radio playing......
Needless to say that freaked me out.
My dad is convinced some sort of timer function on the radio got set, but for as far as I've been able to tell it doesn't even HAVE one, and even if it does, why did it take 2 weeks for it to go off when no one even touched the radio in that time?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal