collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2014, 04:00:05 AM »
The problem with bronies and brushables is bronies don't like brushables.  They don't like that the hair isn't like the show.  All they care about is the show and their own fanons.  They actually resent the fact it's tied in with a toy brand.

You shouldn't assume all bronies don't like brushables, did you ask every single one? If someone was talking about collectors on here, they way you are talking bronies you would be banned, just saying.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2014, 04:13:42 AM »
The problem with bronies and brushables is bronies don't like brushables.  They don't like that the hair isn't like the show.  All they care about is the show and their own fanons.  They actually resent the fact it's tied in with a toy brand.

You shouldn't assume all bronies don't like brushables, did you ask every single one? If someone was talking about collectors on here, they way you are talking bronies you would be banned, just saying.
I belong to brony message board so I've seen the complaining about the toyline how it might impact the show.  And it's one of the more tame places.  The comment sections of EqD at the height of the Alicorn Twilight hate was not the place to support Hasbro.

And I'm talking trends here.  Bronies do not buy brushables at the rate collectors and children do.  They provide more of the molded hair and merch market share.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2014, 04:37:40 AM »

I belong to brony message board so I've seen the complaining about the toyline how it might impact the show.  And it's one of the more tame places.  The comment sections of EqD at the height of the Alicorn Twilight hate was not the place to support Hasbro.

And I'm talking trends here.  Bronies do not buy brushables at the rate collectors and children do.  They provide more of the molded hair and merch market share.

I understand that, but you clearly said "The problem with bronies and brushables is bronies don't like brushables." Which isn't true in all cases, it's like saying "All collectors only like G1 and hate other generations" if someone said something like that, they would get a lot of heat on here.

For Sale Wants

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2014, 04:38:57 AM »
Typical Hasbro. The traditional 30th anniversary gift is pearl. I would've liked pastel brushables with an iridescent sheen to mock the pearl effect, but that's just me clearly that's not just me!

Throw in a black pony with an iridescent sheen for an oil spill on asphalt effect.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:41:52 AM by shockponie »
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2014, 04:40:57 AM »
Except, I never said all.

I actually like the idea of pearl finish ponies.  They would have been a creative way to celebrate the anniversary.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 04:43:00 AM »

I actually like the idea of pearl finish ponies.  They would have been a creative way to celebrate the anniversary.

But "bronies don't like brushables" applies to all bronies. If that's not what you meant then it was just worded badly.

For Sale Wants

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 05:03:04 AM »

But "bronies don't like brushables" applies to all bronies. If that's not what you meant then it was just worded badly.

Please settle your ponies. No need to keep pressing a dead point. Even though it might be implied that he meant all bronies, clearly in his follow up statement they clarified that issue.

Anyway, I hope Hasbro at least recognises the fact it's been 30 years. I'd love to have another bday pony like the one from g1.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:21:12 AM by Zargata »

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2014, 05:11:52 AM »
I'm actually male, so...

I wonder if the Firefly book is meant to be some kind of anniversary thing.  It is coming out on the 30th anniversary of the original airing of Rescue at Midnight Castle.

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2014, 05:19:57 AM »
I'm actually male, so...
lol sorry. XD I fix I fix!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:23:02 AM by Zargata »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2014, 05:33:41 AM »

Please settle your ponies. No need to keep pressing a dead point. Even though it might be implied that he meant all bronies, clearly in his follow up statement they clarified that issue.

Anyway, I hope Hasbro at least recognises the fact it's been 30 years. I'd love to have another bday pony like the one from g1.

I was.... did you read that post? I just said "If that's not what you meant then it was just worded badly." that was ending it....... I wasn't pressing it.

For Sale Wants

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »
Throw in a black pony with an iridescent sheen for an oil spill on asphalt effect.
That would be cool :3
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »

Its not your job to mod other members let our mods handle it (believe me they will!). and no one would be banned for something so silly LOL.  cool it and love ponies ;)    im sure she was generalizing in the sense that most of the brony market buying wise are more interested in show accurate toys rather than brushable hair.  the toyline its self was made for little girls who could brush and braid and play with their own pony's hair. :)  i still enjoy styling mine.   
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »
Woah! Ok...stop...seriously I am getting kind of sick of good threads being ruined by bickering.

1) This thread is not about bronies - nothing at all - so what they like or don't like is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
2) They pay us the big bucks for modding - so thanks for your help but please just leave it to us to deal with. Adding weight and pointing out other members wrongs is something we can deal with.

I am however not in the mood to lock even if you all ignore my warning...I am just going to delete anything irrelevant in this thread. Because I am fed up with people ruining nice things.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:49 AM »
Woah! Ok...stop...seriously I am getting kind of sick of good threads being ruined by bickering.

1) This thread is not about bronies - nothing at all - so what they like or don't like is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
2) They pay us the big bucks for modding - so thanks for your help but please just leave it to us to deal with. Adding weight and pointing out other members wrongs is something we can deal with.

I am however not in the mood to lock even if you all ignore my warning...I am just going to delete anything irrelevant in this thread. Because I am fed up with people ruining nice things.

Thank you Hathorcat, Ive felt exactly how you have felt reading a few threads.

Haven't actually read this thread just your first thread Hathorcat & a couple of others on the first page.

So I will get the thread back on subject  ^.^

First off I thought the same as TinyShinyUnique that the Firefly book with the figure was supposed to be the Anniversary thing (sorry if you covered this in the other pages but like I said I haven't read all the pages & tbh I don't want to now if an argument has been going on)

Now if I was doing a 30th anniversary set hmmm well ....
I would either do a Special G1 pony something sparkly :D Maybe do someone like ummm hmmm Minty or Butterscotch (one of the originals anyway) & jazz them up, do them pearlized or covered in glitter (pretty & shiny basically hehe)

or.... As 30 years (for weddings) is Pearl
Do a Pearl themed G1 maybe even with a real pearl on her ears make it extra special.

Hmmm I might design something actually :D
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »
omg lollipop a pearly edition pony would have been beautiful! 

maybe something similar to the pearlized mail order babies they had in the 80s :) <3  heck even acknowledging the pearl anniversary of 30 years with the mane 6 g4's would have been SOMETHING.   they could do a mail order with them.   anyone else miss the points programs?
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal