collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »
Hehe yeah pearlized like the 80s ones would be good :D

I don't really remember the points thing as I was really young :P so mum & nana controlled that haha. But would be good to have that again hehe
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »
They really should do something for the 30th~ Maybe something this year at MLP fair?

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
They really should do something for the 30th~ Maybe something this year at MLP fair?
I read that some Hasbro spokesperson backed out of the fair the last minute  :blink:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:42 AM »
Anything. Anything to acknoledge the aniversary.

On topic,  I would have done at least ONE of these:

- Released brushable ponies with pearlescent bodies and tinsel hair to represent the 30th - that is the Pearl anniversary, traditionally...

-Made a "convention" pony with a Pearl theme for the major brony convention, the MLP Fair, and SDCC.  Toy Fair is optional but nice.  :)

-Re-released the Collector's Sets of Original 6 and Rainbow Ponies in a second run as I am sure most collectors would buy them, understanding the implications if they didn't.

I love the pearl idea.

Even if all they did was a pearl, TAF version of the mane six. At least do something.
Typical Hasbro. The traditional 30th anniversary gift is pearl. I would've liked pastel brushables with an iridescent sheen to mock the pearl effect, but that's just me clearly that's not just me!

Throw in a black pony with an iridescent sheen for an oil spill on asphalt effect.
omg lollipop a pearly edition pony would have been beautiful! 

maybe something similar to the pearlized mail order babies they had in the 80s :) <3  heck even acknowledging the pearl anniversary of 30 years with the mane 6 g4's would have been SOMETHING.   they could do a mail order with them.   anyone else miss the points programs?

I`m seeing a trend...

They could have even used thier "Cash Cow" and made a Pearl, TAF, 30th anniversary Pinkie in the same mold as chinese new year pinkie pie, or a Pearl, TAF 30th anniversary in the walking talking pinkie pie mold and just changed the voice chip so that she sang "Happy Anniversary"

Star Spark

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »
I've... honestly given up on Hasbro as far as My Little Pony is concerned. The G4 brushable line is a joke- just endless releases of the same few characters, and the only "new" ones are in expensive sets that usually include dupes of the Mane 6- and it feels like they're willfully ignoring G1 at this point, save for the little Firefly set we're getting this year. It's like the future of the line itself is too tied up in new Equestria Girls dolls and the minis (I collect the mini sets now- it's cheaper and at least they're making unique molds for characters that will never get brushables at this rate.) They at least re-released the G3 specials and 3.5 movie, which is great for fans of that gen, but a move I still don't entirely understand- they seem targeted more at kids than adult fans, but given the very different versions of characters like Rainbow Dash and Rarity, it feels like a recipe for market confusion within their own brand. The G1 show might be a little difficult to release except as the awkward Disney cuts (due to its original format), but I don't see what precludes uncut versions of the two specials or a re-issue of the movie. It feels like the only people who really care are the show and comic writers, who are at least trying to bring some variety to the fiction and even throwing G1 fans a bone now and then (some of the comic people ARE G1 fans.) It's just... depressing.  :cloud:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »
  Ignoring it completely makes me think that they WANT to ignore Pony history- ignore all generations except the current.  That makes me sad.

Of course they are ignoring anything that isn't G4 - only G4 product sales put money in Hasbro's pockets.  Celebrating previous years draws more attention to the secondhand markets and does not drive people to purchase what's on the shelves now.  That is what sustains the company for tomorrow.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Bubble_Trouble

« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »
I like the idea of the Box set, 1 pony from each generation! I would've purchased that!  :mad: (Feelin' ripped off!)

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
I read that some Hasbro spokesperson backed out of the fair the last minute  :blink:

Again, this was last year at the 2013 Fair. The representatives were too busy with the release of Equestria Girls or something like that.

I have little hope they'd release something this year at the Fair because it's the 31st year, unless for the 25th anniversary they released the boxed sets a year later as well.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »
now would be a good time time to tag the Hasbro rep that's here on the Arena.  please print this and take it to staff meeting!  :)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:26 PM »
I'm starting to see a pattern here, as someone else had said....last year's fair hasbro reps were gone and they had someone else read the questions and hasbro reps had done the answers long before while they were off doing something else (not caring about their customers obviously).   The fair is an especially important time for us to communicate with hasbro and tell them what we want and when they don't show up it's really hard to do that.  I'm sure there are tons of people who work for hasbro and they can't have one or two people show up for a MLP fair and have other people work on whatever it is they feel is more important?  Since MLP is one of their many products they should be there, there's no excuse.  If they feel the need to work on a 30th anniversary thing for Transformers instead of spending a day or two at a MLP fair to show how much they care about their customers and keeping their MLP brand going--it's obvious to me they don't care anymore.  They have more variety in blind bags than they do with brushables.  I realize that blind bags are cheaper to make for them but they need more variety in brushables too.  They have fans on those areas too, but they won't for long.  If little girls are still their marketing area, I'm sure even by now little girls are bored with the same characters in each release.

Someone else mentioned that when we do see a new pony it's with a set that includes the same ponies they have been releasing--this is true.  It wouldn't have been hard to release G4 Minty by herself or with a small Christmas playset or something.  We didn't even get any holiday ponies.  At least that would be something interesting.  I'm tired of going to the MLP aisle and seeing the same ponies and I'm tired of being disappointed with nothing new (that is interesting).  Hasbro needs to do something drastic to keep their fans.  I'm sorry but Equestria girls wasn't drastic enough.  Releasing the same ponies in human form to compete with other brands like Bratz and Monster High isn't working.  Hasbro's only fans aren't just little girls and bronies.  They have fans who have been with the MLP brand since G1 times and I have a feeling Hasbro will lose us soon if nothing changes.  Although, I have a feeling Hasbro won't care since it seems that collectors are out of their mind right now.

Sorry I am not trying to start anything (such as a riot), I just had other ideas I wanted to mention.  This is very frustrating.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:08 AM »
I don't collect the current toy line at all, so I assume my opinion isn't really of importance to Hasbro as they no longer make money off of me :P But there are plenty of things they could do to make me throw my money directly at them!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2014, 01:04:19 AM »
Of course they are ignoring anything that isn't G4 - only G4 product sales put money in Hasbro's pockets.  Celebrating previous years draws more attention to the secondhand markets and does not drive people to purchase what's on the shelves now.  That is what sustains the company for tomorrow.  :(
But bringing back old classics in the new molds would both cash in on nostalgia and open up the variety.  They'd kill two birds with one stone.  The only problem is they don't see the birds.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:34 AM »
But bringing back old classics in the new molds would both cash in on nostalgia and open up the variety.  They'd kill two birds with one stone.  The only problem is they don't see the birds.

I agree.  Supposedly Hasbro lurks the forums here but so far we haven't seen any proof of that based on what we've seen in stores.  Maybe they quit lurking here as well.  We need someone to get this stuff to Hasbro and find out if they're actually listening and considering our ideas.

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »
For someone who is still trying to get through the G1 show (and will), someone who wanted to love Pony Tales as a kid and does now, someone who can't sit through 5 minutes of G3, and someone who really only collects/cares about :muffin: Pony in terms of G4, I feel for the original G1 fans. I would even love to see more Holiday merchandise and my dream would be to see actual varied *poses*, if they do re-release the same ponies (aka mane six). My wife loved and collected the G4 brushables, and now... we don't even see any new ones on the shelves! I enjoyed seeing all the different names and colors. :( I'm also kinda bummed they are so tiny. One of my favorite things is the fashion styles. It's probably why I get more Funko than Hasbro stuff, just because I get more for my money.  ^.^
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »
While I like the cartoon it has never been a major influence in my pony buying habits. When I started into G1 there was no cartoon, so I really don't care what is on the show and the direction Hasbro is going now-days just doesn't promote me to buy everything MLP.

I saw two new MLP items in my local walmart that just got put out this week, but it was just a re-release of Equestrial Girls Twilight Sparkle and Fashion Style Twilight Sparkle, I didn't see enough there that was special enough to make me buy these same products again. It really is the same thing...over and over. I just don't get how painting an outfit on a pony is gonna make me want it since one of my pet peeves in doll/pony collecting is having painted on clothing.

The Funko's, honestly, I find them boring. I know people like them but I don't. I don't see anything overly interesting in any of it and I haven't bought any.

There is a lot of 'stuff' but not really a lot of the traditional ponies and what they do make is just the same thing over and over. The stuff with wings being a different color than body and crap like that, I don't like either because it makes the ponies look cheap.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal