collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2014, 05:41:36 PM »
Does anyone know if other Hasbro products got 25th and 30th anniversary stuff?  I mean, if let's say Transformers didn't get a 25th anniversary celebration, but MLP did then on the 30th of MLP it doesn't get anything but Transformers did I can sort of see that--because they didn't get anything and we did on the 25th anniversary.   MLP did get something on the 25th anniversary and that's probably why they didn't do anything for the 30th.  Maybe they'll do something every 25 years, I don't know--that's if MLP is around for another 25 years.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2014, 06:03:14 PM »
Does anyone know if other Hasbro products got 25th and 30th anniversary stuff?  I mean, if let's say Transformers didn't get a 25th anniversary celebration, but MLP did then on the 30th of MLP it doesn't get anything but Transformers did I can sort of see that--because they didn't get anything and we did on the 25th anniversary.   MLP did get something on the 25th anniversary and that's probably why they didn't do anything for the 30th.  Maybe they'll do something every 25 years, I don't know--that's if MLP is around for another 25 years.
Transformers and G.I. Joe did get new releases of their original cartoons on DVD for their 25th anniversaries.  As for toys...I don't know.  Though, it was the 25th TF anniversary year that they revealed Devastator's "package" in Revenge of Fallen.  Does that count as anything special?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
Transformers is having a BIG 30 year celebration.  a whole line of figures has a big "30th anniversary" on the packaging.  and they got a Metroplex figure 24" tall.  all for 30 years

Offline Mysticolt

• Big Brother Pony
  • Ponyholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
I would have adored a couple of G4 mold sets of G1 ponies with Firefly, Medly, Twilight, Applejack, Blossom, Peachy, Majesty, Skydancer, Even movie ponies like Wind Whistler, Magic Star, Shady etc..... Even MLP Tales Bon Bon, Starlight Sweetheart, Melody Bright Eyes, Patch, Clover,  But...  Hasbro won't throw us a bone...    Meh....
He who dies with the most Ponies wins!

My Custom Ponies on Deviantart :
http://renzoknight.deviantart.com/gallery/44346066

BowtieG1

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2014, 06:18:59 PM »
I'd love a set with Birthday Pony in G1, G2, G3, G3.5 and G4 form packaged together, that'd be cute ^^!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2014, 06:41:22 PM »
Transformers is having a BIG 30 year celebration.  a whole line of figures has a big "30th anniversary" on the packaging.  and they got a Metroplex figure 24" tall.  all for 30 years
And it's not like the MLP 25th anniversary was all that spectacular.  They quietly released the collector ponies and first set of rainbow ponies in a G1-like mode in expensive packs of 3.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »
And it's not like the MLP 25th anniversary was all that spectacular.  They quietly released the collector ponies and first set of rainbow ponies in a G1-like mode in expensive packs of 3.

There was also the large, expensive Pinkie plush, which was exactly the same as the one released the year before but with the 25th ann. panel stitched on the leg. In Australia it was such a flop (ha!) that heaps of them lingered in the TRU plush aisle up until late 2011, when they were offered free if you bought $30 worth of MLP merchandise and finally began shifting. It's the only reason I have one of her - I was getting Plumsweet and friends and the person at the register told me about the offer, so I went back and grabbed one. She's free, why not? Would never have paid $30 for her on her own, though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In addition, there was the G3 pack of seven core friends with the TAF designs and words on their sides, and also the G3 Twinkle Hope single. According to the wiki page, the biggest part of the celebration was charity auctions of art piece ponies. Which is a strange thing to focus on because everyone outside of the US and probably most people in the US who didn't attend the event would be unaware or unable to contribute to the "celebration" in any meaningful way. :huh: All you could do was look at photos of the evening, all the imaginative and creative ponies, and then look in your local store aisle full of Core 7 ponies and wish the big event could be reflected in the ordinary line.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »
Oh yeah! That Pinkie!  (we have one too). I guess Hasbro WAS kind enough to feature it in the 2007 Transformers Movie.  That's something...  /sarcasm

Maybe we'll get a g4 plush in Transformers 4...  :/

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2014, 07:28:57 AM »
I would have totally done the 10th anniversary and 20th anniversary ponies in g4 molds along with some special 30th anniversary ponies. :D 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

tinyblondie

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
I would have liked to see a set of ponies made in the style of each gen but possibly with a unique pose? For example the G2 one would be skimmer and daintier than the others and feature the jewel eye, but it would be in a brand new pose. The pony in the set could be a brand new design made especially for the 30th? They could have also made a plushie or two of her.

I'm disappointed at the lack of 30th stuff, I adore the 25th stuff and would have loved to see more.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal