collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »
Didn't other Hasbro products get 30th Anniversary stuff.  I thought I read something about transformers getting something.  I mean, I guess we can't complain, because we did get 25th anniversary stuff and we can't get something every 5 or 10 years but to not acknowledge it is terrible.

I would have done something in a nice G3 mold and have symbols all around the pony representing G1 to G4 and maybe have the pony in pastel colors (including the mane and tail) to show G1 times.  Or maybe the pony can be made a certain way.  Have the bottom half of the pony look like a green grassy field and the top half look like a bright blue sky and have a certain pony of each generation standing on the grass and have MLP 30th Anniversary probably in the sky somewhere.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 12:48:47 AM »
Didn't other Hasbro products get 30th Anniversary stuff.  I thought I read something about transformers getting something.  I mean, I guess we can't complain, because we did get 25th anniversary stuff and we can't get something every 5 or 10 years but to not acknowledge it is terrible.

Yes, Hasbro's Transformers has GOT LOTS of 30th year stuff.... a huge 24" robot everyone wanted, and lots of smaller figures that are awesome.  Poor MLP, the forgotten child...

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 05:29:02 AM »
Hasbro has been shoddy since the start of g4 and lately its just gotten worse and worse...only rereleases and no new charas, last year the only new character we got was Sunset Shimmer...So it doesnt surprice me that they dont care for mlps 30th anniversary. But its sorta odd now that MLP is even more popular than Transformers.

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 06:16:58 AM »
Hasbro has been shoddy since the start of g4 and lately its just gotten worse and worse...only rereleases and no new charas, last year the only new character we got was Sunset Shimmer...So it doesnt surprice me that they dont care for mlps 30th anniversary. But its sorta odd now that MLP is even more popular than Transformers.

Well, Sunset and glittery Wysteria.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:46 AM »
and Mrs. Dazzle Cake and her filly helper, Twisty Treat

Offline Sakuyamon

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 06:28:18 AM »

Oh yes, I forgot Wysteria, though technically she isnt exactly a new character since she existed in toy form since g3. Also she hasnt appeared in europe yet.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2014, 06:31:53 AM »

Oh yes, I forgot Wysteria, though technically she isnt exactly a new character since she existed in toy form since g3. Also she hasnt appeared in europe yet.

She has in some places but she's 2x the price here than she was in the US! (£9.99 when single brushies are usually £4.99)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 06:40:56 AM »
That is a bummer. I really thought there was at least going to be something! If they would have bothered, that might have helped them cash in a little bit, which they ought to like. I was really hoping for some sort of anniversary collection either a tribute to G1 or all previous generations. Nothing big, as they tend to prefer catering to the kids than to collectors, but... SOMETHING. :/
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 06:55:58 AM »

Or Australia. We got the two PPB fashion styles and the purse, but our Targets don't seem to be carrying the singles. :huh:

2013 in terms of new ponies... Minty B and Wysteria are originally G3s. Sunset Shimmer, Queen Chrysalis, Lyrica Lilac, Mrs Cake, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, Twist-a-loo are all from the show/movie. Star Dreams is an original character but she was rereleased from 2011.

The only truly original 2013 pony, not connected to the show, is Twirly Treats.

It saddens me that the most original MLPs coming out last year were the So Soft and Littlest So Soft line. Lullaby Moon, Cottonbelle, Apple Sprout, Princess Skyla, Tickle and Giggle Lily... if only I didn't hate baby toys, I would be quite happy with the variety of new characters. There was only ONE Pinkie Pie LSS for all of 2013. >_<

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
It doesn't surprise me that they did nothing for the 30th. MLP has been on the backburner with a scortched bottom for years. Those crappy re-releases of the CP ponies were horrible, disgusting, and frankly insulting shells of ponies that felt more like a cafeteria tray than an actual pony. They had no life, no character, and did not invite play or creativity at all, especially since they cheaped out on the amount of hair and the fact that they felt like they'd shatter if dropped or handled roughly.
Saying that, I think releasing iconic ponies from each year would be wonderful...maybe as a Fashion Style so they would at least be of some quality. Though I think I'd cry if I saw Surprise with those gawdaweful FS wings that Fluttershy and RD have...

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2014, 07:22:22 AM »
I don't mind if the only new ponies we get are show characters, I just want to see new single pack ponies, period!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:09 AM »
That's sad that Hasbro ignored the 30th anniversary. 

I really was thinking they'd come up with SOMETHING.  Maybe a large collector edition pony with gorgeous detailing, or another release of some of the classic ponies (say a big brother pack or a windy wing pack, or even "classic favorites" (like classic looking Applejack, Moondancer, Lickety Split, Firefly, Medley...) 

Or even a teeny tiny tiny little figure in the form of G1.  Heck even a button would have at least acknowledged the 30 years of pony history.  Ignoring it completely makes me think that they WANT to ignore Pony history- ignore all generations except the current.  That makes me sad.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:22 AM »
I stand by my assertion that pandering to the collectors wouldn't hurt Hasbro because what the collectors want is what little girls want: more ponies.  I highly doubt a little girl would turn up her nose to any of the G1 ponies in the G4 style because they were G1 ponies.  Bronies might, but bronies can go you know what themselves.

Frankly, I think Hasbro might have drunk too much of the brony Kool Aide.  They're making a lot of money off them right now, but they're far from a stable source of income that will likely disappear after Friendship is Magic ends.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »
So its our 30th Anniversary and you forgot all about us? :cry: No presents, no special occasion, no party :(

Obviously Hasbro cheaped out on us a little this year by pretty much ignoring 30 years of MLP. If you had been in charge of the MLP line, what "special release" would you have given us? What would have been your dream "30th Anniversary" pony or pony set. 

Mimic and Rapunzel!!!!!!!! And baby princess sparkle with buggy...and all Jewellery babies!!!!! :dribble: :dribble:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
I stand by my assertion that pandering to the collectors wouldn't hurt Hasbro because what the collectors want is what little girls want: more ponies.  I highly doubt a little girl would turn up her nose to any of the G1 ponies in the G4 style because they were G1 ponies.  Bronies might, but bronies can go you know what themselves.

Frankly, I think Hasbro might have drunk too much of the brony Kool Aide.  They're making a lot of money off them right now, but they're far from a stable source of income that will likely disappear after Friendship is Magic ends.

I don't even think Hasbro can be making that much money off that demographic any more, especially now that Funko is providing the show-accurate, solid-haired ponies that a lot of G4 fans wanted. If Hasbro cared so much to make money off that demographic, we should have seen brushables of the other fan favourites by now (Octavia, Dr. Hooves, Bonbon, Spitfire, etc)  :huh:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal