collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3627 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 08:27:13 AM »
Actually my daughters who are 5 and 4 love the g1 ponies! They are always begging me for some. :)
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »
maybe it's too early in the year to give up? at least before you file "papers" Hathor!   maybe hold on until Pony Fair?

The 30th anniversary was last year, this year it will be 31st so they missed the mark once January 1st hit.

CottonTALE

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 08:50:40 AM »
I would have loved to see hasbro do something in regards to 30 years of Pony-goodness. It is a long-surviving brand of hasbro's and I think they should have done at least 1 special pony to celebrate it.

Personally i'd like to see a white Fashion Style G4 with Silver hair and a TAF design of a birthday cake and the number 30, with the numbers "1983-2013" near the bottom of the design.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:53:04 AM by CottonTALE »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 08:51:40 AM »
maybe it's too early in the year to give up? at least before you file "papers" Hathor!   maybe hold on until Pony Fair?

The 30th anniversary was last year, this year it will be 31st so they missed the mark once January 1st hit.

:sad:
ah, I see.   

fiscal calendar?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »

ah, I see.   

fiscal calendar?

Maybe they wanted to complete 30 whole years before celebrating, so they will celebrate this year?  I know, I am being a hopeless optimist.  But I will continue to hold out hope until we see what shows up at the toy fair this year.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:23 AM »
TBH besides collectors there isn't as much interest in G1.  They could do a small release but it may not be worth the money to produce these items.  Especially considering this is the first year in a while they still have the Fair / Comic-Con exclusive in stock in a long while.
I don't think little girls and parents would really care.  They'd just see pretty ponies to buy.  If anything, some parents might remember their old favorites.

The 25th Anniversary sets didn't sell because they were never advertised and were expensive.  Singles at normal price would sell and if nothing else provide some variety.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
Hasbro seems to think that EQG is what they gave us to celebrate the anniversary.   :think:

Spoiler

I would have loved to see some g1 characters redone as g4s.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 09:27:56 AM »
Hasbro seems to think that EQG is what they gave us to celebrate the anniversary.   :think:
Spoiler
As I've asked, what makes these people think a good way to celebrate 30 years of a franchise about PONIES is taking the current characters and make them NOT PONIES?

I still say G1s sold normally would sell.  Hasbro just has to try.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline starflyer425

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:20 PM »
My dream anniversary set would be Masquerade, Whizzer, Fizzy, and Galaxy in the G4 style.

i second this, probably because the TE ponies are my favorite g1 set.  :lookround:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
A set of favourite G1 characters as G4 Fashion Styles... I would love that! ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

LuckyTwirlerina

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »
I think a cute idea for the 30th anniversary would have been to do a repro set of the g1 ponies that served as Lauren Faust's inspiration for the mane 6. So Firely, Surprise, Sparkler or Glory, Twilight, Applejack, and Posey, maybe Majesty as well for Celestia, or even making them in g4 style.

Wishful thinking though, probably.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:29:01 PM by LuckyTwirlerina »

Tirac

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »
I would also release the two specials uncut on DVD as well as the My Little Pony half of My Little Pony 'n Friends as originally aired on DVD.
This.
I'd also release the G4 mane six in G1 molds and a few popular G1 ponies in G4 molds.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »
I think a set of dolls / a toyline with dolls (Equestria Girls) was not a very fitting idea to sell as an anniversary celebration present to people loving (and buying) a toy-pony toyline´s product for 30 years. I cant think that they did it on purpose like "See, we give you dolls for loving ponies for 30 years!". I myself feel they didnt value the 30years anniversary as much as we do / did. Im a little surprised though that they didnt jump on the chance to sell a lot more ponies due to a "special edition 30years anniversary" line. So many collectors to catch and so many mommys who might have thought "Oh I had this one as a child, lets buy it for my kids too!" ... Well, we cant have everything. Its a pity but well... thats it.

Btw, I ADORE the pearl-theme idea <3 That would have been sooo cute!!!

DancingPhoenix

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »

ah, I see.   

fiscal calendar?

Maybe they wanted to complete 30 whole years before celebrating, so they will celebrate this year?  I know, I am being a hopeless optimist.  But I will continue to hold out hope until we see what shows up at the toy fair this year.

I hope you're right Sunset, I really do. I like to think that Hasbro learned something about the exclusive that failed last year, but I just don't know anymore. I always hold onto faith that things will pick up again though.

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
I think a cute idea for the 30th anniversary would have been to do a repro set of the g1 ponies that served as Lauren Faust's inspiration for the mane 6. So Firely, Surprise, Sparkler or Glory, Twilight, Applejack, and Posey, maybe Majesty as well for Celestia, or even making them in g4 style.

Wishful thinking though, probably.

I love this idea !

Or a sitting pony, like Bubble and seashell, it's my fav pose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal