collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP  (Read 3717 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro...I want a divorce :( 30 years of MLP
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 04:15:21 AM »

What?  I haven't been following the MLP Fair board but what has Hasbro done to "snub the fans" for this year around?  Some one please inform the clueless...

Hasbro was supposed to be at this year's MLP Fair for a Q&A session. They apparently cancelled at the last minute and just sent the Fair staff a bunch of generic responses for some generic questions.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 04:33:35 AM »

What?  I haven't been following the MLP Fair board but what has Hasbro done to "snub the fans" for this year around?  Some one please inform the clueless...

Hasbro was supposed to be at this year's MLP Fair for a Q&A session. They apparently cancelled at the last minute and just sent the Fair staff a bunch of generic responses for some generic questions.
Yeah, that left me cold.

I can't believe I forgot the Rainbow Ponies when thinking of a classic line.  Replace Gusty with Windy.  I really don't want to use Faust's originals because it still makes it about Friendship is Magic and the Mane 6.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 04:35:28 AM »
I would have loved a Retro Pony Favourites Set - all the most commonly reoccuring characters from the "who would be your G1 core seven" topic, made in G4 brushable form, in a box designed with the pastel rainbows and meadows for artwork. And preferably, not dodgy recoloured mane six vectors on the back, but new G4-style characters designed after how the G1 ponies looked either on the TV shows or on their backcards.

I would also have liked a "My Little Pony through the ages" set celebrating how varied the line has become. A unique earthie character that embodies the brand (like a Fair pony), made in My Pretty Pony style, then G1 collector pose, then a pose from G2, from G3, from G3.5, and G4. They could all be labelled with the year(s) each generation spanned, and the pamphlet inside the box could give a quick description of each gen (G1 had the sheer numbers of different ponies available, G2 had the most gimmicky lights and noises and was almost all Euro-only, G3 had the "first 50 produced" special ponies, G3.5 was the first line centred entirely around core characters, G4 is the first line to be heavily following a TV show).

To make use of the retro moulds, they could have done a special "30th anniversary" line. Nothing as big as the sets with three ponies - just single packaged with their comb, sticker and ribbon, maybe on a card with artwork similar to the originals. "Year 2" ponies would be my best bet for most popular - Applejack, Bow Tie, Firefly, Medley, Glory, Twilight etc. Playset ponies such as Lemon Drop and Peachy wouldn't go astray either, especially with people who have armies of them. This is partly because I think they could do brand research with it ("hey, Firefly is a MASSIVELY popular character that we could barely keep stocked on the shelf, maybe we should do something else with her") and partly because I think it would be likely US-only and international shipping costs are huge for big/heavy boxes like the triple packs. A line for the collectors that all collectors can own... now that would be a dream. :huh:

Also agree with releasing the specials on DVD. They could have done a special 30th Anniversary box set - with all the movies/specials/TV show episodes from G1. Celebrate the beginning of My Little Pony with all of the original animated features! Rejoin your favourite ponies in Dream Castle with the classic favourite Rescue at Midnight Castle, then continue through the years with etc. etc. etc. Look, Hasbro, I've already got a spin for it! How difficult would it have been for you?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 04:42:07 AM »

Ahhhhh.  Well... you know, to be honest?  The last few years they have shown up and given us lame excuses and pathetic answers that mostly consisted of "we cannot reveal that" or "we don't know".  I would rather they not be there.  At least they communicated this ahead of time!  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 04:43:15 AM »
They should of done 1 new pony for each generation with a common theme between them :)
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 04:47:32 AM »

Ahhhhh.  Well... you know, to be honest?  The last few years they have shown up and given us lame excuses and pathetic answers that mostly consisted of "we cannot reveal that" or "we don't know".  I would rather they not be there.  At least they communicated this ahead of time!  :)
That kind of tells me they don't really care... at least that is how I read it :(
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
I also would go with the most popular G1 characters in G4 molds.  My favorites are almost all from RAMC but I think that the twice as fancy ponies woul also look great.

If I were to use the retro G1 molds, I would most definitly use alternate poses.  That way they woud be different enough from the originals to entice collectors to buy them even if they already have the originals in their collection.

I just had this idea while reading this thread that I am very excited about.  My idea would be to have a fashion style/art/fair pony using the mystery pony from RAMC.  I would actually really love this because her design is very representitave of MLP.  She doesn't have an official name/ personality so in a way she can stand for the brand as a whole.  (I would leave her unnamed.  Maybe use her symbol as her name like muffin). I would be ok with her in a g4 mold or a retro G1 mold, though the G4 mold would help tie in the old with the new.  Ideally she would come with the cat she is seen with in the special.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »
maybe it's too early in the year to give up? at least before you file "papers" Hathor!   maybe hold on until Pony Fair?

Offline Dulci

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
I thought Hasbro had lost the molds and rights for a lot of the original G1s. 

TBH besides collectors there isn't as much interest in G1.  They could do a small release but it may not be worth the money to produce these items.  Especially considering this is the first year in a while they still have the Fair / Comic-Con exclusive in stock in a long while.

As bored as I am with G4, my wallet is appreciating this break in mass-pony collection and celebration.
WANTED:
 - Nirvana Glory(s)      - Nirvana Moondancers
PM me if you're selling :)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 07:35:43 AM »
If they think the 30th ponies, or set wouldn't have sold good in retail, why not put them up on hasbrotoyshop.com atleast.

For Sale Wants

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
Ya I am a bit disappointed with the pony line! :(

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
Ya I am a bit disappointed with the pony line! :(

It's just sad compared to all the other gens have been in the past, or how are monster high dolls are they get all kinds of different releases, MLP it's time to start releasing as many characters as you can again some from the show and some not, boys and fillies, etc.

For Sale Wants

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:57 AM »
Anything. Anything to acknoledge the aniversary.

On topic,  I would have done at least ONE of these:

- Released brushable ponies with pearlescent bodies and tinsel hair to represent the 30th - that is the Pearl anniversary, traditionally...

-Made a "convention" pony with a Pearl theme for the major brony convention, the MLP Fair, and SDCC.  Toy Fair is optional but nice.  :)

-Re-released the Collector's Sets of Original 6 and Rainbow Ponies in a second run as I am sure most collectors would buy them, understanding the implications if they didn't.

I love the pearl idea.

Even if all they did was a pearl, TAF version of the mane six. At least do something.

Offline Valerie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 08:00:44 AM »
I really was waiting all the year the announcement of something related to the anniversary.

I wanted sets with ponies from all generations or something like that.

But when I read that they will release the EG dolls I started to suspect that they wouldn´t do anything about the anniversary, because the movie was released aprox in the time that the brand had its birthday  :huh:  :(

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »
My dream anniversary set would be Masquerade, Whizzer, Fizzy, and Galaxy in the G4 style.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal