collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you ever play Sierra Games as a kid?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Did you ever play Sierra Games as a kid?
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 09:20:39 AM »
Just spent the best part of my evening playing through the first one, I really enjoyed it!

One is actually very quick to play, lot more in depth in 2 and 3. :) Glad you enjoyed them!

Does anyone remembers the creepy owl?

Lol Cedric! I just played KQ5 today with my girls. They love playing the VGA's as they are all point and click action.

Yep, but I just had one.  It was Kings Quest 7.  I didn't play the other games though.  I think we got this game free from getting another game.  But, people broke into the house we lived in that had it and they took all our PC games including that.  I never realized the extent of having to go through the actual winning process.  A lot of the puzzles I just skipped and others I didn't know existed.  My favorite land was Oogey Boogey land.  Sometimes it scared me though.

I know what you mean. If you stand too long that Boogey Man jumps at you...plus those kids are just creepy....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:25:07 AM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2014, 02:33:47 AM »
Just spent the best part of my evening playing through the first one, I really enjoyed it!

One is actually very quick to play, lot more in depth in 2 and 3. :) Glad you enjoyed them!

Yes, if I recall correctly 3 was pretty damn difficult! It's such a shame this team won't be doing KQ4.. I'd love to play that again!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:36 AM »
Kings Quest 7 is my alltime favorite computer game :D I played it over and over again! The Boogey Man also scared me so I didn't care for Oogie Boogie Land that much :lol: My favorite world is the first one Rosella goes to - the Troll world :)
My Wish List

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2014, 10:12:13 AM »
Space Quest IV is my favorite Sierra game ever. Some parts were a bit tricky but I had lots of fun with that game. I also really liked the King's Quest games. :)

Post Merge: January 04, 2014, 10:14:19 AM

Does anyone remembers the creepy owl?

OMG YES! I loved Cedric! :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:14:42 AM by CrystalCrown »
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 01:46:39 AM »
LOL  The owl had a cameo in Freddy Pharkas - I think he was caught in a stampede or something. 

Offline babystargazer

• Trade Count: (+182)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »
Yes!  I played King's Quest 4 and 5 till the end...which was difficult to get to, because you had to figure out what to do next, and you couldn't just look it up on a walkthrough.  Took us forever to figure out how to get out of that whale :).  I also recommend the remakes, they're everything you loved about the originals with better graphics.  I think someone's still working on re-doing KQ4, at least I'm hoping, as that one was my favorite.

https://www.facebook.com/twistedponies/

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »
I'm forever complaining that GOG (or anyone else) doesn't have Conquests of the Longbow available these days - that was always my favourite as a kid.

Fond memories of the King's Quest, Quest for Glory, and Krondor games too though.  Oh, and my favourite city-builder was from Sierra as well - Ceasar III! 

Blog

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2014, 12:58:22 AM »
Yes!  I played King's Quest 4 and 5 till the end...which was difficult to get to, because you had to figure out what to do next, and you couldn't just look it up on a walkthrough.  Took us forever to figure out how to get out of that whale :).  I also recommend the remakes, they're everything you loved about the originals with better graphics.  I think someone's still working on re-doing KQ4, at least I'm hoping, as that one was my favorite.

I know! There were 3 fan based companies working on KQ4, but all production on all of them are stopped. AGD Interactive have not started. They said they felt that it was too much effort  to do pro-bono. I recently posted on their forum that there are a lot of fans of KQ and since they started this whole undertone dark story that I have to see where it goes from there! I also told them I think that people would be more than happy to donate to help them complete the game as there are a lot of fans wanting it....
elish22 | eBay

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2014, 01:27:59 AM »
How did I miss this thread!!!!!

I adored Kings Quest as a little girl. My Dad was an IT manager from...well forever :P So we always had the newest games or latest IT anything around the house. I remember the first time be brought home this big box of floppy disks [the proper 5 and 1/4 inch disks] for the first Kings Quest. Gosh! What a revelation that game was for me. I loved it. Dad used to let us sit in the study on a special chair and together we would try and work our way through the game. Kings Quest 5 was my favourite...plus we had upgraded by then to 3 and 1/2 inch floppies. I still remember how once you went from one screen to the next occasionally you had to change the disk out for a different one :P

*sigh...happy memories...and now a desperate need to play KQV again*

And yes my Dad was encouraging playing computer games in the mid to late 80s :P He was a forward thinker.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2014, 01:43:37 AM »
How did I miss this thread!!!!!

I adored Kings Quest as a little girl. My Dad was an IT manager from...well forever :P So we always had the newest games or latest IT anything around the house. I remember the first time be brought home this big box of floppy disks [the proper 5 and 1/4 inch disks] for the first Kings Quest. Gosh! What a revelation that game was for me. I loved it. Dad used to let us sit in the study on a special chair and together we would try and work our way through the game. Kings Quest 5 was my favourite...plus we had upgraded by then to 3 and 1/2 inch floppies. I still remember how once you went from one screen to the next occasionally you had to change the disk out for a different one :P

*sigh...happy memories...and now a desperate need to play KQV again*

And yes my Dad was encouraging playing computer games in the mid to late 80s :P He was a forward thinker.

I find it very refreshing to replay the games again. It is different now being older, and fun to try and see if you remember all the puzzles. The remakes from AGD make it another challenge too as they kept some puzzles the same, but then added some new ones or changed an old one just a little bit. It has been fun! :)

Oh and guess what I found for all you KQ lovers! KQ IX (it cannot be officially called that because Activision said no way...actual title is King's Quest: The Silver Lining)!!! It is another fan made one but it is great! THe first part came out before AGD started their remakes, so I can see where the darker story is inspired by!

It is free to download and play! They only have up through chapter 4 done, and are currently working on chapter 5, but still recommend to play!

http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

*Screen Shots***

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:50:10 AM by elish2 »
elish22 | eBay

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2014, 02:11:14 AM »
Oh cool! Thanks for the link elish!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2014, 03:29:30 AM »

Oh and guess what I found for all you KQ lovers! KQ IX (it cannot be officially called that because Activision said no way...actual title is King's Quest: The Silver Lining)!!! It is another fan made one but it is great! THe first part came out before AGD started their remakes, so I can see where the darker story is inspired by!

It is free to download and play! They only have up through chapter 4 done, and are currently working on chapter 5, but still recommend to play!

http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing the link! :D

Blog

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2014, 01:59:56 PM »
I was a big PC game player as a kid and I know I played one of the King Quest games.  I remember getting horribly stuck in it too.  :P.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
I did! Right now I can't remember the titles of any of the games, though. :/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2014, 04:08:44 AM »
Reading this thread has made me desperate to play them again...  I remember we (my sister and I) got stuck on one of the Kings Quest puzzles for EEEEVER - I think that maybe it was the Rumpledstiltskin name too-  I think my game required a misspelling of the name as well, I wonder if it was intentional?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal