collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How much of your home have your ponies taken up?

My ponies have their own room!
I have a closet devoted to the ponies- who needs clothes?
My ponies have a shelf/bookcase of their very own.
They have a little room on one of my bookcases- for now!
My ponies are all in storage... poor things!

Author Topic: How much space do your ponies have? Hubby wants to know...  (Read 2655 times)

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How much space do your ponies have? Hubby wants to know...
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
My humble collection is small enough to fit into one drawer in a medium-sized dresser. :) Pretty soon I need to clear out the next drawer up.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 12:54:22 PM »
They're in a backpack.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »
Mine used to take over most of the wardrobes/cupboards in our bedroom but currently they are all over the place. I have been cleaning, cataloguing and packing everything into boxes as we are planning on moving next year. Once we move, the ponies will have there very own room (at last!). :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
Just a shelf, a couple boxes under the bed, and a couple boxes in the closet. :lookround:  I'm trying to clear out one of those free-standing wardrobes for them, but it's slow going.  We have so many books that it just isn't easy to make pony space.

If ever I find a larger nest, the ponies will be getting an entire bookshelf or two all to themselves... a pony room will wait until I win the lottery. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 02:46:59 PM »
I have a pony/doll room. My G1's and a couple G4's are in the livingroom until I buy another bookcase, though.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
I put closet, but it's sorta more than that... I DO have a closet with all my merch in... and another closet with pony totes in it, and then a set of drawers full of ponies... in fact, I could probably do a room once I unpacked them, but I don't have a room to devote to them.

So for now, they are stored... but they very well could take up a room, and once we find a place where I can have a hobby room, they will probably have several bookcases - but I'll have to leave room for hubby's stuff too I guess!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 03:01:25 PM »
I am thinking about moving them to their own annexe :P

But in seriousness - just a pony room at the moment.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
My ponies technically have their own room... my room -_-
Every single surface that can support a pony does support a pony, I installed as much shelving as I could and have officially run out of space  :P
When I get my own place the situation will be similar but the ponies will likely spread to other locations in the house... every room will be the pony room hehe  :biggrin:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline stardust

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Your ponies have 1800 sf? They have a 3-bedroom house all to themselves?

That is bigger than my house by multiple hundreds!

My fiance and I just put an offer in on a 4 bedroom house that is a little over 1800 sf... maybe she meant 180 sf?

I have a very large collection and used to display it on 3 book cases. I did this for a few years then discovered I really hated displaying ponies on three+ bookcases.

I see ponies as art and the only way I can enjoy them is if there is enough space to appreciate them individually. I can't appreciate their lovely hair, admire the perfect paint when all the ponies are shoved side by side on a shelf.  So now I have one book shelf - which I want to replace with a glass door display cabinet, like Vintergatan has. I keep my ponies and Breyers on this single book case, on only 3 shelves, and I switch them out when ever I get board seeing them. One month I had so-softs, the next TAFs, and then Rainbows, and TE's, then so on. The rest I keep in storage.

I find guests also appreciate the collection when I have them displayed this way, they take an interest in them and comment on how lovely they are, and generally seam to see what I see, beautiful works of art. When they were all displayed stuffed on book cases visitors would see mobs of plastic toys and take no interest in them at all, and that hurts. I do enjoy my collection, but I enjoy it more when I pull them out of storage to display a different set, it feels like opening a lost treasure even though I knew I had them all along.

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »
I have most of my collection in my daughters rooms, my favourite ones on a shelf in the livingroom, my rehairstuff in the kitchen(!) and my trades stored in my hubbys teeny tiny computerroom (also have some stuff in the closet and in our storage). But he has promised me that one day when we can afford to buy a house I will have my own ponyroom!! :biggrin:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »
He said I should ask for square feet, too, so if you know how many square feet your ponies have for their very own, let us know!
I have about 1800 SF, and it all needs to be re-organized. It just hasn't been pretty since I added the couch- the best addition to that room, not counting ponies! I'll post pictures later, though they might be pictures from BEFORE the couch.

How about you?

Well, if you're gonna do something, you might as well go all-out!

Actually, my husband said a lot of numbers at me this morning, while he was trying to figure out how much rent he should be charging the ponies... I meant 180 SF, I'm just a goober. Maybe someday they'll have their own house, but for now they have to share with us! LOL!

Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
They get space in our 2nd bedroom. 1 full wall of ponies on media shelves and upper halves of 2 walls with playsets on big shelves.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »

That is bigger than my house by multiple hundreds!

My fiance and I just put an offer in on a 4 bedroom house that is a little over 1800 sf... maybe she meant 180 sf?

I have a very large collection and used to display it on 3 book cases. I did this for a few years then discovered I really hated displaying ponies on three+ bookcases.

I see ponies as art and the only way I can enjoy them is if there is enough space to appreciate them individually. I can't appreciate their lovely hair, admire the perfect paint when all the ponies are shoved side by side on a shelf.  So now I have one book shelf - which I want to replace with a glass door display cabinet, like Vintergatan has. I keep my ponies and Breyers on this single book case, on only 3 shelves, and I switch them out when ever I get board seeing them. One month I had so-softs, the next TAFs, and then Rainbows, and TE's, then so on. The rest I keep in storage.

I find guests also appreciate the collection when I have them displayed this way, they take an interest in them and comment on how lovely they are, and generally seam to see what I see, beautiful works of art. When they were all displayed stuffed on book cases visitors would see mobs of plastic toys and take no interest in them at all, and that hurts. I do enjoy my collection, but I enjoy it more when I pull them out of storage to display a different set, it feels like opening a lost treasure even though I knew I had them all along.

I'm like this.  Mine are in a closet in accessible boxes.  There are a few on display and I change them out every once in awhile.  The biggest reason is because I just can't stand dust.  But the other is because change is fun.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »
All my ponies are in the garage, except for about 10 special ones that are in a small cabinet in our room.  With 4 kids, I can't quite give up a room for all 900+ ponies and playsets, lol!  But one day they will.  :)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »
I have a collection room that I share with my MOTU collecting roommate - we call it the geek cave. The ponies get most of that room, though. It's about 9x10. But my custom collection has its own display cabinet downstairs in the creative/tv space, books are in the living room, and we've both got odds and ends everywhere.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal