collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How much of your home have your ponies taken up?

My ponies have their own room!
I have a closet devoted to the ponies- who needs clothes?
My ponies have a shelf/bookcase of their very own.
They have a little room on one of my bookcases- for now!
My ponies are all in storage... poor things!

Author Topic: How much space do your ponies have? Hubby wants to know...  (Read 2718 times)

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How much space do your ponies have? Hubby wants to know...
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »
In the house my husband and I bought, there's two extra bedrooms.  He gets one for a computer room/office, and I use the other for all my crafts/hobbies, currently I have two long shelves of just ponies, but I'm sure more will soon follow!!!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »
I have a basement that is half finished and they are in the part that is not finished. Then are in two bookcases, one that has glass doors. And the other shelf thing is made out of two by fours. It has NIB ponies on it. I also put nails on the edges of it and hang the NIP G4 ponies in it :) Hope to get a pony room sometime this winter or next spring. Its not finished yet.   

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 06:40:06 PM »
It's called the Pony Room, but it's only about 5' x 5'. The walls are pink, the trim is purple, and it is a dedicated space for displaying ponies (G1, G2, G3, G4, and some buildings)- no guest room or craft table. I'd like it to be considerably larger, then I could display plushies and other merch, and I'd love to display my vintage LPS.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:17:02 PM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »
I could say they have their own room, but they share it with me. :P  All 830+ are displayed in my bedroom. They are on very large shelves and some custom shelves my dad built for me. :) 
The ponies and I compete for space. I have so many they may as well start taking over my bed, lol.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2013, 07:04:30 PM »
They essentially have a wall of my hobby room. I don't know what to choose in the poll  :blush:

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
I'm upgrading this winter from approximately 150 sq ft (with a mountain of boxes in the basement) to a 200+ sq ft room with a big walk-in closet.  So, all told maybe 250 sq ft?
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2013, 07:24:12 PM »
My ponies expand or contract to fit whatever space I have available.

When I first started collecting, it was mostly G3s, when they still had magnets in their feet.  I started collecting when I was in college, and my dorm room had metal closet doors, so I collected them vertically, lol.

When I moved out of the dorms, they lived on shelves in my bedroom.  I had probably a total of two floor-to-ceiling shelves at the time worth of display space, and over those next three years, my collection probably grew to about 500 ponies.

After I got married and moved into my first "real" house, I was spoiled and had a pretty large room - probably about 220 square feet - that was mostly my ponies.  I had one corner that I set up to be my "writing nook" and my desk in there, but pretty much everything else was for the ponies.

We moved about a year later to a smaller house, where the ponies lived in the closet of one of the spare bedrooms.  However, that closet is what "allowed" me to get more shelving, so I can't consider it a bad thing, per se.

Currently, my ponies live in a small room, probably around 100 square feet?  This room also serves as my office, holding a desk (that also doubles as a customizing center, lol) and my file cabinet, but it's mostly ponies in there.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2013, 07:27:02 PM »
I have a whole room!....and they are out of room.....lol......i am not even sure what i have...i just know its at least 1,200....not including baits. doubles and other generations....so just g1s :lol:....i will count later and get back :lol:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »
I technically have my own room (sewing room/craft room) but I picked "shelf/bookcase of their own" because I only have my G4's and some G1's on display on shelves right now. I have tons more G1's in boxes so once I organize some of my fabric and yarn and get it out of the way I'll have more room for displaying ponies :D

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2013, 11:11:27 PM »
I'm gonna say 'they have their own room' because - while I don't have a 'pony room' per se, my bedroom has been absolutely TAKEN OVER by ponies!!! It might as well be a pony room, I'm just renting space from them at this point! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
My ponies have their own room :)

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2013, 12:40:17 AM »
My ponies have a room all their own .. if I had to guess at how many square feet I would say 25 x30 maybe?

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »
Mine take up about...3  3 to 4 foot long shelves, part of my bookshelf, plus my desk, plus on my walls with posters and such....So.. plus blindbag figures have their own shelf, and the extra's have their own shelf as well. :) But then again I only collect G4 ponies for now..so when i start collecting other gens I will need more shelves.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 12:51:57 AM »
currently mine are in storage bins - several very large storage bins. I had to move back home and my mother is not a fan of my ponies. Plus they wouldnt fit in this tiny bedroom anyways.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2013, 12:52:31 AM »
I have a book shelf for them with two shelves, and a bit of the space on top given over to them as well.  So, maybe 4-5square feet?  I have some small risers for interest and such, so it's not just a big mash of ponies.  XD  Altogether, I have about thirty-forty ponies in this space?  I have some ponies scattered among my bedroom, too, but those are separated out for shipments and trades!

Now, if we want to talk about my Kimono and doll collection. . .  I have two tansu chests, one is a medium sized, three and a half feet tall and three or so wide, and stuffed with kimono.  This one least serves as a tv stand for us in the living room.  The other plays part as a display, but is around 8 feet wide.  The bottom forms big chests, and they're about 2 feet tall of space and the full 8 wide.  Again, stuffed full.  The top is filled with my tea ceremony and dance supplies and displays about twelve or more of my dolls.  Two drawers in my bed stand also hold kimono, as it has gotten so bad.  I plan to sell some in September so I can shove my latest Geisha kimono in one of the tansu's.  The dolls are everywhere too.  On my headboard, in my room, in the living room, wherever.  Hahaha.  Ponies are kind of second for me in terms of collecting, but because I live now in an a place that is a bit more expensive, and I have only so much room, I've been collecting ponies more than anything.  They take up less room and are cheaper than kimono!  Mwuahaha!  It's really not my pony collection that is worrisome, but the kimono.  I'd estimate I have at least 100 or more. . .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal