collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 7695 times)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: What religion are you?
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2013, 02:46:04 AM »
I believe that animals have souls (which I believe goes hand-in-hand with the plan of salvation in accordance to the doctrine of my religion).  I fully expect to see my childhood cat and dog once I've passed on!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2013, 03:43:12 AM »
My own worldview suggests that while some animals probably have their own version of souls, (a bit of self-awareness, personality, etc), those souls are not eternal. Their souls cease to exist when their bodies do. This worldview suggests that Christ died to save humanity, not animals, and likewise, God created heaven for people not for animals.

I will further state that I do believe there will be animals in heaven, but I would imagine they are not resurrected animals come back to life.

So, in my mind at least, that says to treat animals with as much respect as possible as they only have one shot at existence. (Mosquitoes notwithstanding, lol :P )

I believe that's pretty darn close to Catholic teaching as well.  (As much as I can find on it - I've checked the Catechism, etc., on this topic before.)  That animals (and plants, really any living, non-human thing) have purely material souls, which die when the body dies.

That said, I don't know that there's anything in Catholic teaching precluding God from having some way to have animals in heaven, or from making animals that were particularly beloved of people (i.e.. pets) alive again in heaven.  So I also tend to think that I have a pretty good shot of seeing my childhood pets in heaven.

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2013, 04:38:08 AM »
my belief system mainly revolves around video game and anime law. its not that im anti-religious, its that i havent found enough proof for me to believe them

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2013, 12:17:41 PM »
I am an Evangelical Christian.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2013, 05:07:04 PM »
Well, remember I'm an atheist, but I think it'd be pretty boring if the afterlife was just people.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
I am another agnostic and I am excited to see how many fellows agnostics there are on here as I have never run into another. ^.^

I have no idea if there is some higher being or not. But I do manage to have a strong spiritual side and I believe that there is an afterlife, though I lack the ability to know if it is anything like a Heaven or Hell type of thing. I also believe that animals have souls, or at the very least their own version of one and maybe they have their own version of an afterlife as well.

As for what I was raised as? I wasn't really raised in household that had a strong religious background. I went to Church with my Grandma and Bible school when I was younger, but it was never something that was really enforced enough for me to say that I was raised Christian. My parents are very understand of my beliefs, even if they don't agree with them and...well, I will just say that I wasn't really raised as anything.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2013, 09:36:45 PM »
This would sum it up best for me:

"I don't have an issue with God, It's his FANCLUB that I can't stand."

I was baptised LUTHERAN and CATHOLIC - to mae both grandparents happy. Hpwever I haven't been inside a proper church for about 2 decades.

I have always found things like buddish and Japanese shrines/shinto to be way more intersting then anything in christianity.

Can I ask a question? I sincerely hope I won't start any sort of argument (if i do i'll delete this post!) but could people tell me how animals figure into their religions? (this is a genuine question asked out of interest). Do animals have a soul, do they go to heaven, do they have past lives etc.

If they don't, I dont want to go.
I think the rainbow bridge pretty much sums up what it may be like for land living pets
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

And for Aquatic pets - Under the Rainbow Bridge
You see, when a fish passes away, his spirit leaves the pain of his body and enters warm, flowing waters. There, he finds himself whole; tattered fins are restored, fungus-clogged gills are free and functional, open wounds are healed, and "pinecone" scales lay flat. There are other fish there, but none of them chase, nip fins, or threaten. The current is never too strong, the water temperature is always just right, and there and plants and rocks to hide amongst - not that there is anything to fear. Social fish swim close with their peers, while solitary species always have enough space for comfort. They all travel through these peaceful waters in one great school towards their destination.

Eventually, the waters of the creek are illuminated with the technicolor glow of the beautiful rainbow arching high above. Cats, dogs, rabbits - every animal you can imagine - cavorts above them, but the fish needn't fear predation or harm. As they flow beneath the rainbow, they come to a crossroads; little streams leading to the ideal habitat of each species. There are warm stretches of rice paddies for the bettas. There are cool, vegetated ponds for the goldfish and koi. Bright, welcoming reefs greet the Oceanic fish, and warm, freshwater ponds, rivers, and creeks spread wide for the tropical species.

The fish huddle at the cross-roads tentatively, nervous of what awaits them next. Maybe some are unused to wide spaces; others have never seen their natural habitat. Some are afraid larger fish will eat them if they break away from the group. But finally, one will swim fowards. His fins will wriggle with excitement, and he will zip through the water gleefully, towards his new home in the next life. There, he will find others of his kind, though a fight will never occur. Food will be plentiful and living, not freeze-dried or pelleted. There will be no harsh lights or noisy filters, because the waters here are always ideal for their inhabitants.

And perhaps, if the fish had a special someone who cared in their life, that person will one day sit by the lake or shore or riverbed, where he or she will be recognized by a beloved pet. A flick of the fins and a friendly snout poking through the water's surface will reunite the two at last, with the message passed between them:
It's all going to be ok now..."

Credit goes to: RandomWiktor from UltimateBettas.com

I has lots of fishies waiting for me, swimming under the bridge and a few dogs playing next to it.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 09:45:48 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2013, 10:26:27 PM »
I'm Pagan, but as far as deities are concerned, fairly agnostic, but I do believe in an afterlife, reincarnation, and spirit guides and that animals do have souls (at least ones like cats dogs, etc., I'm not so sure about something like, say, bacteria.)   Weirdly enough, I was raised Southern Baptist and was in church every time the doors were open, whether I wanted to be or not.  My mom has been...less than understanding about my spiritual beliefs.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2013, 01:54:24 AM »
My family are Jehovah's Witnesses, and so that's what I was brought up as. I rather resent this, because it meant I wasn't able to make my own decisions; rather, they were forced on me and I didn't even know it. Religion should be a choice made by you, because it's something you choose to believe, and something you ~want~ to believe and follow and be comfortable in.

Personally, until I can find one I can throw myself into believing and following with all my heart, I've given up on religion, in favour of one crucial... thing: be nice. If you're nice, to people, to animals, the environment... you can't really go wrong. You can do anything you want, as long as it doesn't hurt other people.

I really like some of the Paganistic rituals, from what I've seen, and I might consider taking a deeper look into that. It would help if I had some similarly-minded friends, I think. Failing that, I'd love to believe that Celestia and Luna watch over us, in all seriousness.
:fox:

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2013, 02:56:03 AM »
Born and raised a Roman Catholic but became an agnostic in my teens which eventually lead me to atheism.
I'm happy as I am and I respect all religions despite my own personal views.
People are entitled to whatever faith suits them and I'm happy to let them be as long as I am treated with that same respect :)
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2013, 06:01:25 AM »

If they don't, I dont want to go.
I think the rainbow bridge pretty much sums up what it may be like for land living pets
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

This literally made me tear up :(

Thanks everyone for your answers :) I personally don't believe in souls or an afterlife but i totally wouldn't mind being wrong on this.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Oh no not Rainbow Bridge!
I can't deal with it...
-sobs-
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
I'm agnostic  :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2013, 02:29:01 AM »
Pagan!

I was raised in a fanatical christian environment. The beginning of the end was when the preacher of the church we went to told me that my animals would not go to heaven with me....

At that point I decided that if they weren't able to go I didn't want to be their either and that started my questioning and thinking for myself, which led to me realize that I didn't believe anything that was being taught to me.

I then went looking and found Paganism and wicca and the rest is history.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:30 AM »
Roccoriel- good question. Heaven is called the Summerland to me. Its a place of great rolling hills and nature as far as the eye can see. Its a rejuvenating place where one can regain their energy lost from the cold hard world here on earth. All of the things nearest to your heart should be there, but its also very personal so don't expect to see all sorts of other souls there like some Christian heavens packed to the gills with people you don't even know. They have their own place. There is also a limbo and of course reincarnation but there is no hell. The closest thing to hell is mortal life on earth. For the record, I have zero fear of being dead although that doesn't translate into zero fear of a painful way of going.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal