collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
Re: What religion are you?
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »
Eastern Catholic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »
My family has Lutheran and Catholic roots, my Dad is Scandinavian and is Lutheran, My Mom is Italian/German and her family is Catholic , I was raised Lutheran and still am to this day ;) I do not really go to Church due to my anxiety, just not a comfortable scene for me ;) I fully respect all religions and the right to freedom of choice, I never push my beliefs on anyone and appreciate the same in return. Above all I believe in being genuinely kind and honest as much as possible no matter what beliefs you have  :heart:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2013, 02:53:41 AM »
I'm Catholic.
Although there are many things I don't agree with and don't believe in, overall I do believe that there is a God.
And of course I believe that animals have souls. I strongly believe that they go to heaven and we will all be reunited. If I didn't believe in it, I could never cope with losing them.

RedWildFlower

« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2013, 07:56:48 AM »
Well i guess i'm the last unicorn over here. I am Seventh day Adventist. I was born and raised in the church and on my moms side i am technically a 4th generation Adventist. My dad is a convert and because of this he is like a super Adventist. He's very much about following the "rules", which at times gets a bit frustrating. I also went to Adventist schools 1st-12th grade, I really enjoyed it too. 

I chose to stay with this religion because i believe its the right one for me. I believe Jesus loved everyone in all there differences, so i try to do the same. I do not judge those people who have different beliefs. Mostly i find it fascinating. This thread is so awesome with all of you being so nice. No bickering or snappyness makes me happy!

In case those that read this have never heard of my religion my friend summed it up pretty well we are "Jews for Jesus". We have similar beliefs to Jews, like we go to church on saturday, except that we believe Jesus is the son of God.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
I dont exactly have a religion, but more a way of life. I dont consider myself athiest, but I would consider myself scientific/natural pantheism with bhuddist ethnics. I dont belive in supernatural things or an afterlife, I love all forms of nature. I constantly look up at the stars and watch the sun rise every single morning (unless it rains lol)  I am very accepting of death and I adore all powerful raw forms of nature, all animals, omg planet is just sooo amazing!  All I wanna do in life is help animals and help the planet.I wont  harm or eat anything from animals. I feel as a human, there isnt a reason to harm animals for food if we can live off of plants.To be honest, i am not worried about afterlife at all! I want to live my life in harmony with nature. :)  Other than my husband, I  have yet to meet someone who shares identical thoughts as me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:24:34 PM by Lightning Twirl »

SajiNoKami

« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2013, 10:47:55 PM »
Oh, I just don't know anymore. I was force to go to Wednesday night christian church from kindigarden until 5th grade. [also the time period when I couldn't have unicorn MLP] Then 6th on I sent out of the house Sunday mornings and told to go to church, it was a block away, until I got a job. I think the reasoning was I was suppose to make friends that were going to be a good influence on me. What ended up happening was I met a whole bunch of kids who ignored me or were just condescending in general and they parents were catty hypocrites. This was my experience. Are the rest of the churches this way, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say no. Still not in a hurry to join a group of people in a religion. I do find religion an interesting topic and have many books on it. I believe... no real way to explain it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:03:06 PM by SajiNoKami »

baby_yoyo

« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2013, 02:42:11 AM »
I am an atheist through and through, I do not have any problems with any religion as long as people do not try and force their views onto me as I would not do to them. My husband was raised Catholic, hated his Catholic school and left the religion immediately after school.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2013, 06:30:07 PM »
I'm an atheist, but religion is a topic of interest to me, since it's formed so much of society and how people are.

So I ask you so I know more about you, pony forum, what do you follow, if you follow!

I'm also an atheist. =P

EDIT:

I guess I'll explain why. Basically, it's because several things in most religions have been debunked, and it's easier for me to believe things with evidence to back it up. That's the most basic explanation as to why. Also because a lot of religions have hateful things I don't want to associate with. That's pretty much my reason.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:36:56 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
I guess I would consider myself a christian. I believe in God and Jesus although I don't attend church simply because I believe the bible can be interpreted in many ways, I'd prefer to not have someone preaching to me, I've read it and have my own views and oppinions based on my interpretations.
I don't believe that any religion is better than another, nor do I wish to shove my beliefs on to others. :)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
I'm about to sound like the weirdo here, but my beliefs sound like a college major- atheism with a lifestyle emphasis on Vulcanism.

Yes, Vulcanism, I'm that kind of crazy :P I see the Universe as the only real truth, but I am open and tolerant to other belief systems so long as they do not seek to influence the welfare of others.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
but I am open and tolerant to other belief systems so long as they do not seek to influence the welfare of others.

Pretty much this. The fact that any religion can impact everyone in certain countries absolutely disgusts me (and it's really bad in third world countries). I don't see why it's even legal to vote against equality (gay marriage for example), even though that directly contradicts separation of church and state, which the government themselves seem to forget even exists. The fact that people can vote against the rights of others greatly disturbs me...

I don't care if people believe whatever, but when they use that as an excuse to be a jerk (and even to kill people in some cases) and to take the rights of others away, it's going too far, and sadly has been for quite a while.

Religion should be something that only impacts the people in said religion, NOT everybody else.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:41:25 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SajiNoKami

« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »
but I am open and tolerant to other belief systems so long as they do not seek to influence the welfare of others.

Pretty much this. The fact that any religion can impact everyone in certain countries absolutely disgusts me (and it's really bad in third world countries). I don't see why it's even legal to vote against equality (gay marriage for example), even though that directly contradicts separation of church and state, which the government themselves seem to forget even exists. The fact that people can vote against the rights of others greatly disturbs me...

I don't care if people believe whatever, but when they use that as an excuse to be a jerk (and even to kill people in some cases) and to take the rights of others away, it's going too far, and sadly has been for quite a while.

Religion should be something that only impacts the people in said religion, NOT everybody else.

:iconclap:
This right here.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2013, 01:09:52 AM »

I agree with you, but this is not the point of the thread. The point is for people to say what they believe. Please don't go after targets that are not currently present in the thread.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »
Seeing as there have been off topic posts and this is a hot topic, I'm going to not so subtly hint that this thread not stray from the topic at all. And if it even remotely heads the direction of religion or non-religion bashing, I will lock it. To clarify, the topic is what is YOUR religion. Feel free to state your beliefs, do not start stating your opinion on others' beliefs. You guys have done great so far, let's keep it that way.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
Atheist with a hint of Satanism. (I'm also fascinated by old Norse religion and ancien Egyptian stuff).
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal