collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need to see some positivity on this particular subject...  (Read 8012 times)

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
Re: Need to see some positivity on this particular subject...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
hm, well in that vein, my tiny stepbrother recently started asking me for ponies. I bought him one of the silver blind bags as a gift while I was in Winnipeg and I'm looking forward to giving it to him. He also likes to make up songs, write stories, and won silver with his soccer team. Basically he is the best.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
hm, well in that vein, my tiny stepbrother recently started asking me for ponies. I bought him one of the silver blind bags as a gift while I was in Winnipeg and I'm looking forward to giving it to him. He also likes to make up songs, write stories, and won silver with his soccer team. Basically he is the best.
This is about how I feel! I love kids dearly, and anytime a little one comes to my counter at work they get a free cookie and whatever else I can find to spoil them with, but I could be a terrible horrible parent because I just cannot do the discipline and structure thing. I was basically built to be an aunt. :D

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
Kaoskat, I totally feel like that about my dogs!  :lol:
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
Kat, now I feel like I'm missing out because I don't have a doggie. One of these days! I can't have one now because it's not allowed on my lease. Mr. Stomper had a poodle in his youth, a white one named Sam. I like watching Dog Whisperer because I love the way the man connects with the dogs. :lovey: Anyway, this is a thread about kids. Who can argue against having the furry kinds, too?
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »
when i was young i never wanted kids xD ever! however then i got pregnant and well I dont know what id do without my son. hes 9 now. :) Im not so good around other kids, except yesterday at my nephews birthday party, my sisters, sister in laws little boy (mouth full) xD who was maybe 3 just wanted to cuddle all day, since all the older kids were being kinda loud lol, it was the sweetest thing and made me miss having a tiny one around the house haha.

I definitely want more kids, at least one more, but ill most likely be adopting.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
Good point!  These are my kids.

Whatever room I'm in, they are right there too.  Love my boys to death.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
I was basically built to be an aunt. :D
I think that's even better!  I'm not good with other people's small children at all!  I think middle/high school kids are great (that's the age I worked with.)  I can't tell you how many kids just needed one person to be happy to see them.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »
Positivity.  I want positivity.  ^^;

Let's not all harp on avene.  Her specific comment was "a lot of younger adults are all about them selves and do not want to have to buy things for or take care of another person."  She did not say all.  I think that makes a big difference.

I hope my comment has been taken too harshly! I was trying to be positive :)  :hug: I was just trying to say as a young person I don't feel that way :)
Also Avene is so lovely around the forum so I'd find it hard to say a bad word about her  :P  ^.^

Bringing a new life into the world is a pretty positive thing in itself - the possibilities for that person in the future are at that moment endless :)

Not at all, mylittleponylover!! :hug: I guess I shouldn't have used the word "harp."  It occurred to me after I posted that that it could be misconstrued.  I just don't want people to zero in on a comment like that and make it all or nothing when in fact it wasn't.  I actually liked most of what you had to say -- it made a lot of sense to me.  We're all different and that's what makes this world beautiful.  My friends are not comprised of merely other moms.  In fact, many of my best friends are either single or without children. :) 

I want my time around a kid(s) to be short and sweet. The thought of spending an entire day (early morning to late at night) with at least one kid makes me feel tired. I have to say I like buying Christmas gifts for kids in families that are hurting financially.

After all, we were all children once!!
Some childfree people who get told "But you were a child once." for saying they don't want children reply with "I disliked other kids when I was a kid!" or "I don't see how being a kid once and wanting children are remotely related."

I hear you.  I do.  But I'm often surprised at how many anti-children things I see on here (or elsewhere) and even though we can't help the fact that we were all children once, I think people can all too easily forget what it was like to be a child.  That's all.  Plus my comment was followed by the bemusement that we have all signed up to be members of a toy forum.  I just find it ironic and a little disheartening. 

I personally haven't seen any "children hate threads" on the Arena at all. I've seen threads were people discuss their personal reasons why they may or may not want children of their own.  In fact my post in the one that is active now started with the scentence "I love children", but it still doesn't mean kids are for me.

I haven't seen the post you're referring to, little.fox.  It sounds nice. :) And I can't say I have seen a specific "I hate children" thread, but I have seen a lot of "I hate children" comments.  As for those with no desire to have or raise children, I want to remind everyone that this isn't a post advocating that people should have or want any.  I just wanted to read some nice comments, not get into a debate. :)

Liking or loving children isn't the same as being able to provide them with a safe, stable home or raising them into independent, confident individuals.

And I don't think anyone has enough insight into my life to say it's any less meaningful than a mothers.

I actually agree with this statement.  Having children isn't for everyone, and sometimes even those who want children hold off or avoid it altogether because they know they can't adequately provide for them, whether financially or emotionally or whatever... which I think is very responsible. :)

I do not believe that is what SDS meant. I feel bad for those who don't want/have/like dogs. I mean how can their lives be happy and wonderful without the fuzzy little face to love and snuggle and make their lives wonderful?!? Does that mean I believe that people don't have wonderful lives with no dogs? Not really. It just means that I can't imagine that as reality, because for me that reality would be dreadful, and that in my world it seems like a dog would only make life better for everyone! Do I know this isn't actually true? I do, but still, to me dogs are the most wonderful thing ever and I wish everyone felt that way so they could feel the happiness I do. Knowing SDS I'm rather certain that's all she meant by her comment.

And with that, I'm going to request that we try to keep things on topic here. The topic isn't about loving/hating/wanting/not wanting/not sure if wanting kids, it's about saying something nice about the tiny people in our lives.

^ This.  This is exactly what I am trying to say. 

And yay for cuddly pups, kitties, and other pets that bring so much joy and meaning into our lives!! :heart: 

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
We have 4 girls - ages 8, 6, 4, and 2.  I admit life can be crazy, but I love them so and I love my awesome husband. 

And I admit I am that person that will hold any baby - I love the squishy cheeks and thighs!!  But we are done having our own, lol.  But that's one of the nice things about going to our church every Sunday - I can hold the babies and remember the time when my girls were infants, but be excited for the new phase of our life with kids (and oh my, the soon-to-be tween and teen years!)  :faint:

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted heartwarming comments about kids, whether you have your own or don't.  I have read each and every post and can't tell you how happy it makes me. :hug:

Good point!  These are my kids.

Whatever room I'm in, they are right there too.  Love my boys to death.

Soooo cute, LadyMoondancer!  I love my furry feline, too.  Pets are the best!! :heart:

We have 4 girls - ages 8, 6, 4, and 2.  I admit life can be crazy, but I love them so and I love my awesome husband. 

And I admit I am that person that will hold any baby - I love the squishy cheeks and thighs!!  But we are done having our own, lol.  But that's one of the nice things about going to our church every Sunday - I can hold the babies and remember the time when my girls were infants, but be excited for the new phase of our life with kids (and oh my, the soon-to-be tween and teen years!)  :faint:

LOL, you remind me of my friend who just goes NUTS over the baby chubs.  ^.^

----

As a side note, I feel I should add that I am not trying to wage war with Eternia's post about being a woman and not wanting kids.  There are some new comments on there that are now referring to this post, and that wasn't my intention at all.  I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone here.  :(

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »
I agree with a lot that has been said here. I admire and look up to the parents who love their kids and who are able to show them their love and provide for them while still being able to discipline them. Go moms!  :iconclap:

I'm too young to start a family right now, but I am hoping to have children of my own in the future. For now, my kids are my kitties. :) Children are so precious to me and I'm looking forward to when I can have my own to love, teach, and raise.

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
I can see both sides.  I don't think it's selfish to not have children - heck, I was all about not having kids, but I got surprised with my now 3 year old son.  I can admit without feeling bad that he is the only small child I can be around.  I love him to the ends of this earth and would do anything for him, and I enjoy being around him ... but other children?  Not so much.  I've never been the one to hold babies, babysit, whatever.

The moral is ... it's just cool to want what you want, but no one should bash others for their choices, whether it's to remain child-free or to have a kid or four.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
i have two very beautiful very awesome daughters and wouldnt give them up for the world! i wasnt a kid person until i had them, but they are soooo beyond worth it!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
I love children! I think they are adorable and sweet.  I love my babies so much. 

I also sometimes get discouraged about threads where people say they hate children. There is nothing wrong with not wanting kids- but it's makes my skin crawl to think people actually hate/despise them.

So now... my kids!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
I'm in the "not sure" category.  I think I want kids, but it's someday and I'm not sure when (or even if) it'll happen.  If it does, I will, no doubt be happy about it. I've always wanted to be a mom, but to me it's more of an issue of being a fit provider.  My husband and I could probably not adequately provide for little ones right now, but I realize and understand that.

However!  I love my nieces!  My sister's oldest daughter is the light of my life and (not to be over-dramatic) but I probably wouldn't be alive without her.  She's only three, but I'm amazed at the joy, light and optimism that she's brought into my life!  She's my buddy and we even started playing ponies together (my sister just recently handed her ponies down).  My family always assumed that I would have kids before my sister did (I'm kinda mother-y) and it was the craziest thing when she finally told us she was expecting #1. 
She's my star, and my light and I never knew I could love another human being the way I love her (to the point I'm getting teary-eyed as I type this)!  So even if I don't ever have my own children, at least I'll always have Gwen.
Though, sometimes I really wonder what it would be like to have my own, because everything tells me I would love my own children so differently from my niece (I don't know it it's right to say more than).  I actually wonder if I could love another human being that much. 

Sounds kinda crazy when I say that out loud.... :redface:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal