collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your job?  (Read 3817 times)

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your job?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 03:44:44 PM »
McDonald's.  Mainly I work in grill, but I'm classified as a Crew Trainer and I train new grill people as they come in.  It's McD's, there's not much to love.  I've been there for 4 years and I do not want to spend my whole life there.  It pays the bills, though, for now.

My best job to date was a seasonal job at a restaurant on Mackinac Island, MI.  I met a lot of people from around the world and had a whole lot of fun, not to mention Mackinac Island is really fun.  Google it.  :) 

My dream job is animation.  I've been working on it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:21:54 PM by Cumberbatch2012 »

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

It's not a paid job, but I am a full time wife as well...
Lol aww the payment is snuggles and love!..That's cheesy even for me. :P
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
I work at McDonald's, previously cooking but now only doing service. (I'm allergic to the gloves the grill team has to wear.)

Hey, me too!  However, they refused to move me out of grill, even on my doctor's suggestion.  Instead they ordered "salad gloves."  They're just like the blue gloves, but they're clear.  They are very loose and baggy and a real pain, but the terribly painful rashes I had on my wrists and all my fingers finally went away after about 3 months.  If you want to work back in grill, talk to them about ordering you some of these gloves.   

Offline TinyUnicornFarm

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »
I work at a small animal/exotics hospital as a veterinary technician. I will be going to school in August to pursue a career as a veterinarian. :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:09:52 PM by HoneyPaws »

cleverLC

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
I teach algebra at a university.  It's great seeing people have that "a-ha!" moment, and I love that I'm helping people with a subject that in many cases has been hard for them for YEARS.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:55 PM »
I work at McDonald's, previously cooking but now only doing service. (I'm allergic to the gloves the grill team has to wear.)

Hey, me too!  However, they refused to move me out of grill, even on my doctor's suggestion.  Instead they ordered "salad gloves."  They're just like the blue gloves, but they're clear.  They are very loose and baggy and a real pain, but the terribly painful rashes I had on my wrists and all my fingers finally went away after about 3 months.  If you want to work back in grill, talk to them about ordering you some of these gloves.   

Ooh, well that's cool... I get told at least once a week to just wear blue gloves, or blue gloves inside the grill gloves. But with blue gloves on I can't feel or grasp anything, which means I'll just go slower and slower. There's one manager who doesn't seem to believe that an allergic reaction is a big deal, despite the fact that my mom's reactions to the same materials lead to anaphylaxis shock and rotting skin. At this point I'd really just rather keep working in service though.

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »

Ooh, well that's cool... I get told at least once a week to just wear blue gloves, or blue gloves inside the grill gloves. But with blue gloves on I can't feel or grasp anything, which means I'll just go slower and slower. There's one manager who doesn't seem to believe that an allergic reaction is a big deal, despite the fact that my mom's reactions to the same materials lead to anaphylaxis shock and rotting skin. At this point I'd really just rather keep working in service though.

Yeah, if they won't take you seriously then don't worry about it.  My head manager said the same thing, that I'm too slow on line because of the gloves and I should wear them inside the normal gloves.  I tried it for 2 days and the rash started coming back anyway, so I slathered up with hydrocortisone cream to put a halt to it and now I won't touch those gloves in any way, shape or form.  They don't want me wearing the blue gloves on line.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
I'm currently a stay-at-home mom. I was homeschooling, but this coming school year I'm taking a break! Got to see if I can get back up to speed on my health. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm a branch manager at a credit union.  I love my job and the mission of credit unions.  I have a degree in Journalism but the economy squelched that dream which led to me staying with the credit union after graduation.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »

It's not a paid job, but I am a full time wife as well...
Lol aww the payment is snuggles and love!..That's cheesy even for me. :P
Hee hee, yea Maddie, LOL.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »
I work out at a mental hospital. It s a very hard and challenging job sometimes. But I must really like it cause its been 6 years now on the job now! I work with the older people that have alzheimer's and dementia. I do have some wear and tear on my body now cause of the hard work of the job.

Before this job I worked at a call center for 3 year and could NOT do it anymore! People are so mean when they call in. I was coming home so angry all the time. I knew that I needed out!

I worked at a Godfathers while going threw high school along with a dollar Discount store. I loved both of them. I left both of them when I moved out of my parents house and into a different town. At this other town I worked a few different jobs. Got myself a CNA job from my aunt that is a nurse. I did not like the people that I worked with there. I moved back to my home town a year after leaving. I got my job back at GodFather's and worked there till I got the call center job. I would still be at Godfather's, its just that it did not pay enough.

My dream job would be to work at home. Not sure what I would do. Just hope that its something I would love :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:27:22 AM by avene1984 »

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
I am currently working part time at my veterinarian's office while I go to college to become a veterinarian myself.

If you have any questions, pm me!

I'm a mixed animal vet.  I love the randomness of my job, I currently work in a 3 vet clinic (including myself) and I'm the only vet willing to see thing other than the typical cats and dogs.  For example - yesterday I saw a guinea pig in respiratory distress (sad) then went out on a farm call to see a horse with an allergic reaction to vaccines.  My boss can be a bit difficult, but the fact I'm able to see horses really helps a lot!  The big thing I would like to see changed is I would like to be able to see reptiles! 

Thank you for the great offer!  I just finished my first year of general education, so I've got a ways to go before I actually get into vet school.  :P

I want to see all kinds of animals as well.  I live in a farming community, so I will be seeing plenty of cattle, horses, pigs, and other farm animals as well as cats and dogs.  I'd love to work with birds as well.

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 12:57:14 PM »
I work at Build-a-Bear! I am what they call a "bear builder" or BB. :P I stuff animals, greet customers, clean the floor, host parties, stock... everything but the register. Haven't been trained on that yet. I guess I could say this is the best job I've had so far because all the past ones I've worked have been boring (for me) data input office jobs. They were all obtained through my dad too so I also did not have the satisfaction of finding and getting my own job. I also meet loads of sweet and interesting people, and very funny kids.

My dream job would be to write for a living, particularly creative writing, but it's hard to make a full-time career out of that so my second choice would be a job in the marketing field which is my current major. My "if-I-could-do-anything-I-wanted-no-strings-attached-dream-career" would be as a fashion designer, but I haven't the actual talent for that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:02:39 PM by Owlsy »

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
I work as a cashier at a grocery store while going to college. I LOVE it. Most of that has to do with my previous job which left me feeling upset in many many ways. Everyone at my new workplace is so nice and professional. The work itself is easy, not taxing on my body, and pretty laid back.

I have an AS in Science and am getting ready to transfer for a BA in Chemistry and minor in Geology. I'm not sure where that is going to take me, but I do enjoy the work.

My DREAM job is to be a mom though. That feels like it's farther down the road than my BA is, I don't know how that'll work out. XD

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »
I work in the Deli in a Tops supermarket  :mad: I HATE it. They decided to sell Boars head crap and they are such a pain in the ass about the way stuff is done

Dream Job - historic preservation or something like that. I have a BA in history and 1/2 through a MA in military history but ran out of $$  :cry:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:08:56 PM by tacobirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal