collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your job?  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Your job?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:27 AM »
I am Program Secretary for the Allied Health programs at my college, so I take care of the paperwork and make sure everything runs smoothly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 06:11:08 AM »
I work at a toy store doing all the thing you do working in a store, I have only worked there for half a year but I already gotten some larger assignments like talking to sellers, ordering thing and get to deside what toys we should order in. So atm life is good! :)

I dont really know what my dream job is, I do like working in a store so for now I will do that!
I may go back to school when my fiance is done with his education (he has a year left) so we dont have to worry about money so much. :)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »
I work for a factory which makes circuit boards. I am a Final Inspector there and I check all the boards before they go to the customer or assembly house. The boards I check go into all sorts of things from TV's and radio consoles to planes (domestic and military) and medical equipment, some of the boards I have inspected have also found their way into hi spec racing cars (Formula 1/McLaren) and even been sent into Space!!

My job did not need any professional qualifications to start with. I was fresh out of university having failed my degree in Sociology and didn't have a clue what to do with my life. After months of zero call backs and failed interviews, my step-mom said she had some jobs going where she worked, she said it might not be what I wanted or was expecting, but its a job. 10 years on, and I am still there!!

As for my dream job, well I think I am kinda there already!!  I would love to gain some more professional qualifications, I already have my IPC certification!!

Offline Roccoriel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
I'm a geology PhD student.  I'd like to teach and do research on human impacts on the environment :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
I'm a keeper of 3 cats and 4 chickens!  Oh- and also a lawyer (ducks a fakie).

I'd actually like nothing better than to go back to school for something completely different like Entomology- then write myself a grant so I could study cool bugs in the Amazon basin...  of course, the cats wouldn't like that much - and my partner has informed me several times now that she wouldn't go with me so I guess I'd be pretty lonely  :lol:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »
I'm a homemaker. It suits me.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »
I'm an artist, writer and creator of fuzzily soft sculptures that are often mistaken for toys.
But at the moment I'm on disability because of chronic pain issues (all very boring) and that makes it difficult to work on anything.

My dream is to design things and have them all made in a great big factory :)

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:54 AM »
I have worked part time at the same craft store for almost three years :) It's had its up and downs but I just love working there ^.^ I currently have no idea what my dream job is so I'm happy where I am.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Falconaitae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »
I worked as a programmer till two months ago when I got laid off (economy crisis is a bitch), now I work as a database/system administrator.
My dream would be to be a visual artist (like painting, sculpture, photography... whatever), but I have zero artistic talent at all, so that's out of question :< I would also like to make computer games, and this one is actually quite possible, so who knows, what will future bring^^
My pony blog
It's better to be a famous drunkard, than an anonymous alcoholic

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »
I'm a secretary, but I'd be a better personal assistant.  Answering phones and copying is boring, but managing someone else's life?? Heaven! 

But I do have it good here and I love my supervisors and a few of my co-workers.  :)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 12:25:11 PM »
I own the internet.

Post Merge: May 14, 2013, 12:27:47 PM

I'm an anthropology student. My dreamjob is to be an archaeologist (I'm fascinated by  the Indus Valley Civilisation, which is kind of a big mystery! One I wanna solve) and also be Batman.

Did you see this?
It breaks my heart. I literally feel sick to my stomach over it. In Belize, they razed a 2,300 year old Mayan pyramid last week to use the limestone for road fill.
Archaeology is my passion/dream job, too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22521669

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 01:33:25 PM »
I'm a graphic artist. ^~^ Right now I am doing production work. I love it so much, because I actually get to work on really awesome/cute art. My only hope is that one day I could do the art that makes it onto product, but for right now-- I'm happy "fixing" up all the artwork.

Quite honestly I want to be a housewife-- but, well, that's just not financially possible.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »
I'm a stay-at-home-mom.  We have four daughters.  :)  But I do have my bachelor's and master's degrees in Illustration, and I do freelance projects from time to time.

My husband is a technical artist.  He works in the video game industry - right now he's at Sledgehammer, which is one of the studios Activision contracts with to make the various Call of Duty games. 

So I guess you could say we are somewhat an artsy-fartsy family, lol!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
I'm an English teacher, but I'm not sure if I will be next year. I have to try and find another school since I'm moving. I might end up being a substitute for a while. -_-
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
I'm a barista, and I work at a cafe in a private hospital. It's easy work, and I like the people I work with, but the hospital politics are a pain, and if I had something else to go to, I probably would.  I've been a Jillaroo (LOVED IT!) and a receptionist, and a vineyard maintenance worker, but I'm hoping to move back to something outdoor-sy, which probably won't ever happen because we live in the city now. :(

So dream job... to work under the sun :)

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal