collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your job?  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: Your job?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »
Never mentioned a dream job!

Ideally I want to work with bugs in some way. My goal is the bug zoo or seasonal live butterfly exhibit at my local museum. I see a lot of little girls who cringe at the bug zoo and I think a girl handling the "gross bugs" would take the edge off and help with a lot of fearful kids.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
Currently I'm a high school teacher.  I'm going back to school to become a counselor, however.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
I am currently working part time at my veterinarian's office while I go to college to become a veterinarian myself.

If you have any questions, pm me!

I'm a mixed animal vet.  I love the randomness of my job, I currently work in a 3 vet clinic (including myself) and I'm the only vet willing to see thing other than the typical cats and dogs.  For example - yesterday I saw a guinea pig in respiratory distress (sad) then went out on a farm call to see a horse with an allergic reaction to vaccines.  My boss can be a bit difficult, but the fact I'm able to see horses really helps a lot!  The big thing I would like to see changed is I would like to be able to see reptiles! 

kirei_na_sakura

Your job?
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »
I work in a medical laboratory. I process specimens and ship them to labs around the country for specialized testing. Dream job? Not really. Especially since I was the third grader who fainted during "The Magic School Bus inside the Human Body". Though I was terrified in the beginning (thinking I was going to faint having to handle blood), I am pretty used to it now. My college education sure comes in handy since I studied...Spanish...and Japanese (heavy sarcasm) :P

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »
..not a dream job or anything but I like it XD I'm a house keeper...er excuse me..Environment Worker for a nursing home. some asked me if I would ever be a CNA..and answer is NO. I do not have the temperament for it and I do not want to deal with the amount of abuse a CNA can go through.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
I've got a degree in English and Italian Literature, but I don't work in that field. When I moved to the UK after graduating, I ended up in the field that offers plenty of jobs for people with foreign language skills: customer service. I work for one of Britain's biggest online pet pharmacies, which is great because I love animals and I'm pretty passionate about their health. At the beginning of 2013, I was promoted to manager / teamleader, so rather than dealing with customers myself, I mostly advise my team on how to deal with them and liase with other departments, making sure everything runs smoothly. It's not my dream job, but it's a good job, and I work in a great team.

Scooterbec122

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »
I am a registered nurse and I work in a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center.  It is stressful at times, sometimes I have 40 patients to take care of. It is very rewarding working with the elderly and so easy to love them. For some, the staff is the only family they have. It teaches you a lot and you have to be understanding and supportive of family members, as some are going through difficult times.  I only work saturday, Sunday and monday, so my schedule is great :). I love my job and love being able to help our senior citizens

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Never mentioned a dream job!

Ideally I want to work with bugs in some way. My goal is the bug zoo or seasonal live butterfly exhibit at my local museum. I see a lot of little girls who cringe at the bug zoo and I think a girl handling the "gross bugs" would take the edge off and help with a lot of fearful kids.
You are completely right of course- have you heard of these ladies?  http://thebugchicks.com/  I watched one of their presentations at U.W. and they were awesome! (Also got to pet some cool bugs)

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:16 AM »
I work part time for a dental supply company. I handle their website, marketing and all emails. It's ok work because I get to work from home. I do wish I had a full time job though so I could get decent pay!

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
I work for an airline. Being in Helena,  MT it is a smaller airport so we multi task. I load and unload planes, work the ticket counters, work gates, and get yelled at for lost baggage. =) Really, it is a job I love and the travel that comes along with it is an awesome benefit.  I don't see myself getting into another industry anytime soon.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »
i started a job las month in a charity shop with the charity that helps people with disability or learnig difficulties get back to work its only 6 months contract but the people that work there are so nice !my first job was in a florist and some of the people there wernt so nice but hopefully i will get a job in another florist or retail where i can do some arty stuff or a toy shop would be ace !

TwilightOwl

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 09:40:13 AM »
This thread is so interesting! I'm an artist, with a degree in studio art and psychology.I work primarily in oil paint, and have focused on commissioned portraits for the past three years. I also recently started work on a more serious and introspective series that I'm crossing my fingers for. I also make up-cycled jewelry and cart it and my paintwork to local shows and festivals. I love everything about my job but the pay and the paperwork. ;)

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »
I'm a secretary or what I would call it dogsbody or for you US ppl chief cook and bottle washer ;)
I'm not a fan of my job it brings a bunch of money and that's the good part of it.

I'm also running a small business since May 2012  (crafting some jewelry and acc.)

My dream job would be a writer.
I write since 2007 and I really love it - I do it when I'm in the office :D
So hopefully my stories will be that good one day that someone will publish them.
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
Let's see, what don't I do?
Job #1 Full time teacher's aide
Job #2 Part time secretary handling state forms/protocol
Job #3 Part time Respite for disabled adult
Job #4 Part time Respite for disabled teenager
Job #5 Part time Customer service selling factory built homes
So, how many hours on average do I work in a week, 65+.
You can do all this too with a college degree. I need to go back to school for something, I just don't know what...
I have no life...
It's not a paid job, but I am a full time wife as well...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
What I do: Currently waiting tables in a pizza joint to help pay some of my college expenses.

What I want to do: Be a K-9 officer!

Dream job: Crime scene investigator/Computer forensics analyst

I dream big! xD

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal