collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your job?  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
Re: Your job?
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2013, 06:48:04 PM »
I'm currently still unemployed, which sucks financial wise, but is great for a hobby nut like me... still trying to get work. The brother in law is gonna try to get me into game stop which might be cool... but I really want to get in DickBlick, which I think I would enjoy more. I know more about what they sell, and... employee discount? Hellooo! Videogames, I don't know as much about anymore... so I dunno.

As for dream job? I wish I had one. Never really had any lofty goal in life. I just want to work somewhere that I know all the answers at, preferably with weekends off (I have a lot of weekend rituals- all geeky)... and if it involves art, or MY art, that much the better. I'm too much of a pessimistic realist to say "I wanna be an artist!" *shrug* I just don't see myself really doing anything with it besides just as something on the side for fun and the occasional commission.

So yeah, a simple job that I understand with a decent amount of routine, I'm a creature of habit and change makes me nervous. =/

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
I'm an administrative assistant for the Water Quality Control Division.  This means I assist the engineers that do inspections of waste water and drinking water facilities.

My favorite job was either teaching English in Japan on the JET Programme or working at a small town history museum -- besides working at the museum front desk and in the gift shop I got to lead ghost tours, add town ambiance in a hoop skirt and bonnet, and help with children's summer camps.

My dream job is being an author and artist full time while being able to pull my weight at home with what I earn.  (My husband is super supportive of this but I still don't feel comfortable putting all the bread winning on him while I "find my audience.")
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »

I work in the Deli in a Tops supermarket  :mad: I HATE it. They decided to sell Boars head crap and they are such a pain in the ass about the way stuff is done

Dream Job - historic preservation or something like that. I have a BA in history and 1/2 through a MA in military history but ran out of $$  :cry:
I feel your pain! I worked at a deli for 2 years and they sold boars head. It made me hate going to work everyday. I loved my coworkers though, hated the manager. It made me never want to go back into food service again. Which I didn't and don't plan on it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2013, 06:25:51 AM »
Im a failed claims technician for Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy. IM not quite sure how to describe what I do besides fix peoples mess ups, I also do a lot of medicare reviews *sigh* lol. I really love my job though, for what I make and the people I work with and sometimes the patients are fun, I had one tell me she would buy me dinner if she lived here last night LOL.

My favorite job was working as a personal banker for US Bank, my customers were amazing and the job was super easy.

worst job EVER was Wells Fargo, I would rather be a hooker on the street than ever work for that company again lol, obviously im being dramatic but im not kidding when i say it was bad, their turnover rate is insane :)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
Unemployed. Boo.

I had a job which I got just before Christmas but it just imploded on me.

I 'work' as a volunteer for one of the main animal charities in the UK, I am essentially a dog walker and 'cat cudddler' and go up there one day a week. I also go up to help my brother out as he's a 'media volunteer' which essentially means taking photos of the animals/

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
I'm a full time student. First year of A-Levels. One more year before uni. Hate it. Because of my health, I am a year behind my friends. I'm in the year below with immature jerks, and I am going to miss my friends so much. When I go back after study leave, they'll be gone and off to Uni. It makes me cry regularly. But I can't complain in a way, I wasn't ready for university anyway. I hadn't sussed myself out, and I need to do that before I can walk with my friends.

Offline LadySeashell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
Currently I'm a Care aide ( Looks after seniors) The place I work at focuses on seniors with memory loss or dementia. I wake seniors up, and get them ready for the day, or get them ready for bed. I also serve them food in the dining room
At this job I also do housekeeping, which entails the usual, toliets, beds, dusting/vacuuming etc. This job I'm trained to clean rooms, be the dinning room prep lady, Dementia floor housekeeper (which includes, extracting carpets) I'm also trained to be the dishwasher here as well. As you see I wear many different hats in this building, but it's never boring. There's less then a dollar's difference in pay between the two jobs, so I really don't mind doing either.

My favorite job, well I'm also a trained masseur and I enjoyed my practicum work in the schools spa clinic.

My dream job is to go back to school and become an RMT (registered Massage Therapist). I would also like to be able to do something with my Art as well (I also have a visual arts diploma)

**Lady seashell**

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
I have my dream job!  I'm a Horse Trainer and Riding Instructor specializing in Arabians, Half-Arabians, and Saddlebreds.  I added a picture of my here and one of my students (age 3) winning his very first blue ribbon at his very first horse show! 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:38:25 PM by Stiletto »

YellowCat

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »
Right now I work in a print shop running a variable data printer that prints codes on medical packaging to prevent counterfeiting.  While I'm paid well and have full benefits now, my favorite job was working in pre-press at a different print shop making plates for offset printing presses.

Worst jobs: Working at TRU and Meijers in high school.  Dealing with the public sucks and so do the irregular hours they force you to work.  Facing shelves is psychological abuse!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:22:09 PM by YellowCat »

Angelshy

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 01:12:47 AM »
My current job is in disability services, specifically residential care. I work in a house, usually with another staff member, and we help the residents go about their day doing personal care, cooking meals, organising outings, administering medication etc.

I really enjoy it because I always wanted to work in a job that involves helping people and feeling like what I do is meaningful. I also have a really good manager who is very supportive of her staff and has given me a lot of leeway now that I've gone back to study.

As for dream job...well, I'm currently doing my masters in clinical audiology so I guess working in a clinic or hospital. Right now I'm leaning more towards paediatrics but I'd like to get a bit more experience before I decide for sure.

lupachiotta

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 03:08:46 AM »
I work at a chain pet store. I'm a cashier. It's a little mind-numbing but I love to visit with all the different dogs.

My favorite job was working at a chain bookstore. 

My dream job is to be able to quit retail and work FULL TIME as an artist and writer. Right now, it's all part-time stuff.

Offline sangeeth

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awpasl.org/
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
I work in the commercial division of our national carrier. Advertising/Brand management to be exact :)

lupachiotta

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2013, 09:04:58 PM »
I have my dream job!  I'm a Horse Trainer and Riding Instructor specializing in Arabians, Half-Arabians, and Saddlebreds.  I added a picture of my here and one of my students (age 3) winning his very first blue ribbon at his very first horse show! 

You lucky dog! I would love to add that to my career list. Ridden and schooled all three breeds all my life.  :lovey: One day I plan to add at least "real horse owner" to my repetoire.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal