collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?  (Read 3016 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
I absolutely LOVE this board, I lurk here pretty much all day every day off and on...but I'm wondering, is there somewhere else that folks go to for Monster High news, pics, customs, etc etc etc?

I know there are lots of different boards, like http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/ and of course the different facebook pages..., but I don't seem to get the same reception at the ones I have tried, whereas here it's an already established friendly, active and popular community. I just wish we had seperate sections for customs, news, etc etc. I'm very grateful that the sales board is seperate...and I do think it's easy enough to navigate here, but still.

I dunno I just find it odd that I get most of my info for MH from a pony site...I love Ponies as much as MH, so its all good to be in one place, so don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining or wanting to change things, I'm just wondering if the experience is the same for everyone else...

So, do you ONLY rely on the arena for your Monster High online experience? or where else do you go?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:44:35 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Raises hand..slowly looks around  :lookround: I admit it I pretty much live here,yeah I know how that sounds  -_- . I like you though love this place,I find that it is pretty informative and fun  :pillow: here and the people are so nice and helpful. I go to places like D.A., Flicker ect. to see more MH customs as well as interesting photos done of the dolls like our pukunui,tuneful,picklepud and many more talented photographers do. Other than that the arena is my stalking grounds  :flash: roflol good thing there is not a law against it or I'd be in trouble lol   :scared:

Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

suicidemilk23

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:50 PM »
I'm on here, monsterhighdolls.com, and a Facebook group that is fantastic called Adult Fans of Monster High. I love all three communities even though I'm just getting started in this whole craze.

theamazingfetus

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:39:20 PM »
I  attempted it once awhile ago but the sheer amount of kiddies with their mary sue OCs and original character suckfests really put me off. I want to enjoy the dolls, not crappy RP characters.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
Raises hand..slowly looks around  :lookround: I admit it I pretty much live here,yeah I know how that sounds  -_- .
PHEW! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

I like you though love this place,I find that it is pretty informative and fun  :pillow: here and the people are so nice and helpful. I go to places like D.A., Flicker ect. to see more MH customs as well as interesting photos done of the dolls like our pukunui,tuneful,picklepud and many more talented photographers do.
D.A. and Flicker seem so hard to navigate to me....I mean yeah I do searches by character name etc, and I like my results, but  I don't recall finding the fun types of photos like they do for ANTM and the artists you mentioned unless I search for them by name...

I'm on here, monsterhighdolls.com, and a Facebook group that is fantastic called Adult Fans of Monster High. I love all three communities even though I'm just getting started in this whole craze.
Yeah me too...I like Monsterhighdolls.com but I did essentially get ignored there when I posted customs, and in general, it's part of why I stick to here, because at least I feel a little more "heard"

I  attempted it once awhile ago but the sheer amount of kiddies with their mary sue OCs and original character suckfests really put me off. I want to enjoy the dolls, not crappy RP characters.
I agree that the other sites do tend to attract some young'uns that can be annoying, I love seeing most OCs though, even though they do get repetitive, people do put a lot of work and imagination into their stuff...like I said though, it does get frusterating when I personally posted my OCs and got ignored...ah well c'e la vie, at least I have this place! :D

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
I live here :lol:

This place keeps me up to date (up to the minute?) on any and all information I need so I don't go anywhere else:)  If I've got a question, it gets answered pretty quickly.  If I need an item, I get a few people who offer to help.  There is nothing that can't be solved by coming here! 

I love the Arena :heart:

Also glad there aren't many children here :blush:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I'm an Arena gal all the way.  I have memberships on other sites, but I don't post or lurk anymore because of the childish drama.

One of my favorite things about the Arena are the pictures, the lively discussions and above all, the fantastic members:).  You guys make this place a great, welcoming and friendly place.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

bluegeist

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
I surf through the Monster High tag on Tumblr a lot. I like the pics and rumors/news, but drama often ensues  -_- Here, people are so nice and helpful ^.^ I like to come here when the tag is getting testy...

Offline Flutterswirl

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
Most of my MH news is found here, and a little on Facebook. The admins at In The Pink have been kind enough allow monsters to share some space at their Barbie board. (Still Mattel, still 1:6-ish so it's good.) The admins have no patience for drama, which I appreciate more the longer I'm on the internet.

(have I mentioned recently that I appreciate the Arena's hands-on mods and admins?)

Thanks to *generalzoi\'s Pony Creator at dA for my avatar!

just visiting this planet! (Phl. 3:20)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:18:01 PM »
I also think here is best  ^.^ I lurked on monsterhighdolls when I started collecting a couple years ago, to keep an eye on sightings and whatnot, but it really didn't feel like a community I wanted to join... there were... uh... lots of tantrums thrown >_> After I found the Arena last year, I haven't been back there! I love you guys :grouphug:

I also browse the MH tag on tumblr--it's really good for news, sightings, new pics, etc. But again, there can be some particularly epic immaturity there. I use the block/ignore feature a lot. :)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
It's because of you guys I started collecting Monster High! *shakes fist*

No seriously I love them.

Rococo

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 10:46:04 PM »
This board and the Livejournal community are pretty much the only discussion boards I go to regarding MH. I sometimes visit the MH collector doll forum but that board just tends to give me a major headache while trying to parse through it. I think it's because the audience skews a lot younger there than here or on LJ.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »
I haven't posted all that much on forums in years. I used to post a lot on a Finnish equestrian forum, but then that place just somehow fizzled and nowadays it's not a fun place anymore.

I don't think I have ever been on a board before where the members are as positive, helpful and just plain socially capable as they are on the Arena. I originally came here for gen 4 ponies, but then I got obsessed with MH all of a sudden and I don't think I have made even one pony-related post. maybe I should, I still love them, but MH has become my number one collecting love.

I like the discussions here. They are mature and insightful and disagreement can be a source of more interesting discussion instead of drama. I love that! We can agree to disagree and it's perfectly fine! I don't see that very often on the internets. I like that we have active mods and admins. It's a good thing, and I like how they handle things, or at least to me it seems that it's discreet and doesn't create drama, so well done mods and admins!

I spend a lot of time on here... Especially when I am procrastinating from work. But not only the but on my free time too. I love talking all things MH and this is the place to do it. I haven't gone elsewhere TBH. I don't think I need to. i get my fix here.

elonni

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 02:45:00 AM »
I have checked monsterhighdolls.com a few times and the Monster High Wiki when I started collecting and wanted to find out more about what had been already released. Then Nana-Rena suggested I join this forum, that people here were very friendly and helpful.

And it's true! I am normally quite shy and a lurker in forums, and I've seen many forum discussions get pretty ugly, but not here. I have never posted on any forum as much as I have here and I have been here for what... three weeks? :)  Ever since I joined, I have one tab of my browser permanently open on the forum and I often check what's being discussed whenever I'm at the computer.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »
I go to monsterhighdolls.com but I am not an active member there. I've been burning out a bit on MH lately, so I haven't been looking as much. It's a product of really not having much money to buy them lately. I'm only interested when I can afford it. :P  Staying away prevents temptation.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal