collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you go to any other message boards for your MH news/fix?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:51 PM »
That is an unfortunate development in kids' attitudes, but I always like to think that they will grow out of it.

I looked at MHdolls.com briefly at one point, but I found the colours to be jarring too and my eyes get tired reading it, so I never really got into it.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
I'm really surprised its the pre-teens/teens that are being bigoted, I thought this generation was much better about gays than my gen X or even Gen Y. If anything I'd think it be some folks FROM Gen  X who are still a bit bigoted or those older than Gen X...

I wlll say that the generations after mine are VERY much more "entitled", and I hate that about them, they definetly lack a lot of couth and ettiquite, so I guess it actually does make sense that the younger generations are prejudiced after all. *shrugs* either way, its sad... :(

Shahaila

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
I'm really surprised its the pre-teens/teens that are being bigoted, I thought this generation was much better about gays than my gen X or even Gen Y. If anything I'd think it be some folks FROM Gen  X who are still a bit bigoted or those older than Gen X...

I wlll say that the generations after mine are VERY much more "entitled", and I hate that about them, they definetly lack a lot of couth and ettiquite, so I guess it actually does make sense that the younger generations are prejudiced after all. *shrugs* either way, its sad... :(
I am from Generation X and I tend to agree with you, though most people from the latter part of that generation that I have personally met (myself included) have no qualms with race, sexulaity preferences, or religious preferences.  Live and let live, and enjoy the journey of life with those you meet along the way.  Frankly who's business is it anyway what someone elses sexual preference is in the first place????  Not mine that is for sure.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
I dunno if it counts as gay bashing? I punch my friend Chris, and he's gay. In my defense though, he punches my boobs to pop them.
Seriously though, my mother was an activist back in the 70s, protesting for equal rights, feminism, and stopping war. She managed to get old without forgetting all that? So she's weird. She also brought me up to see anything human as human, and as long as folks aren't hurting me or other people then whatever. And that's my attitude towards it all. I also went to the Las Vegas Academy of International Studies and Performing and Visual Arts, an all magnet school here in Vegas that is also known as LVGay (guess why!), so I was surrounded by liberalness all the time.

Back to the original topic though: I joined this forum originally for the pony maiming, but college stole my time and I fell out of that. Now that I'm into MH I live here for the most part, and really don't go anywhere else. For more or less the same reasons as everyone else- I can talk to folks here like a grown up, and be spoken to the same way. And really, you can't beat respectful dialogue.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

bluegeist

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
I forgot to mention that I'm at the MH lj too >_< but I lurk most of the time-I'm still rather shy and it's annoying lol. Tumblr has it's problems as we have mentioned (that homophobia incident :argh:) but there are many nice blogs still! There's a really nice one that is a collection of tutorials to customize your dolls for instance, I like that one. And also, I'm glad to know that many here joined the board just for MH, as I had originally joined this site as a pony collector with MH on the side, but now I'm exclusively MH! :P Now I don't feel as weird  :blush:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »
I dunno if it counts as gay bashing? I punch my friend Chris, and he's gay.

It's only gay bashing if you punch him because he is gay ;)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
I dunno if it counts as gay bashing? I punch my friend Chris, and he's gay.

It's only gay bashing if you punch him because he is gay ;)

Okay, then I am good! I punch him for being Chris.  :P
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »
This place has the best sources for MH doll info.  Mandy's Doll Release List.  Ravie's Hair Color Match thread.

It also has a friendly Buying, Trading and Selling board.

Not to mention all the threads for all my other doll loves (LIV, Bratzillaz, Novi Stars, and more to come :crazy:)

I always felt guilty for joining a My Little Pony site for the Dollhouse :blush:  I felt like an outsider that didn't belong, like I was cheating or something.  After being here for over a year now, I feel like one of the group:)  It seems like more and more people are joining JUST for MH, and sometimes ONLY stalking the Sales threads, so I don't feel guilty anymore.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
Just here! You guys are super good about posting new stuff, so I always find the info I'm looking for here. :)

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:09 PM »
Haha, I also signed up almost exclusively for Monster High, but I've also learned to appreciate all kinds of dollies thanks to the Dollhouse, and I totally blame the Arena for the fact that I now have a (small but beloved) pony collection at all. :P No regrets! I don't really feel like I need another other source for my news - it all comes here quickly enough to suit me just fine.

Other reasons: Mandy's release guide is the best MH resource on the internet, as far as I'm concerned. I find the layout of Tumblr really confusing, and every time I go there (despite how infrequent that is) it seems totally infested with insane ranting and drama. I used to also lurk on MonsterHighDolls when I first started collecting (and was desperate for news, information, and contact with other, particularly adult, collectors), but such an overwhelming amount of users there are children. Their, shall we say, style of communication can be really kind of alarming to me, and just not enjoyable to read.

But the Arena is perfect! For all the reasons that have been listed (everyone is so nice, helpful, and mature) and more. :lovey:

angelfish

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:45 PM »
I'm like Keelee and a few others, I joined for the Dollhouse and the MH sections!  I get some news from the MH fansite but I don't contribute much there.  Too much drama.  I came from the Blythe forums where there is a lot of drama and don't want to deal with it on other forums.  I really love it here, everyone was nice to me from the start..I almost want a few ponies now just to participate more!  I do have one pony, my childhood Pinkie Pie (at least I think she's Pinkie), she's one of the first version chubbier ponies with the softer, less cartoony face.  Love her still.. :)

I used to also check the My Scene forums for MH news but we've far surpassed them on news here.

Shahaila

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »
It also has a friendly Buying, Trading and Selling board.
To add to that, I also like how people list things at usually very reasonable and accessible prices because the community is trying to help itself not gouge each other.  That is very cool because it opens access for us all to enjoy and share more MH doll stuff.  The sense of community here is really great.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »
The sense of community here is really great.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by that when I started posting here.
I also post on the pony boards occassionally, but the MH section is like its own little world. Even though I don't know you guys personally, I'd like to meet so many of you just based on how you present yourselves on this board  ^.^

We should have our own convention :lol:

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
I was just saying that to my husband the other day... Lol

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:22 AM »
I always felt guilty for joining a My Little Pony site for the Dollhouse :blush:  I felt like an outsider that didn't belong, like I was cheating or something

My username. That was my original reason for joining. Friends kept linking to custom threads with pretty customs and I couldn't see them without an account.

Got an account. Lurked.

And then Ghoulia decided she wanted me and now I have a little family of MH dolls.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal